Author Topic: Kamdyn McIntosh [merged]  (Read 188517 times)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Kamdyn McIntosh [merged]
« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2012, 10:03:30 AM »
Good to see the club has finally recognised that we needed more defenders, lets hope he can step straight in for Grimes.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Online Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #46 on: December 02, 2012, 11:52:39 AM »
Good to see the club has finally recognised that we needed more defenders, lets hope he can step straight in for Grimes.

We drafted him as a midfielder, he won't replace grimes Austbury will.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2012, 12:19:11 PM »

:o :o...Where did we say that??? His profile is Backman....why do we do that if this is the case, bloody Griffiths is an example of that.

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #48 on: December 02, 2012, 12:32:01 PM »

:o :o...Where did we say that??? His profile is Backman....why do we do that if this is the case, bloody Griffiths is an example of that.

He can play either role WAT, that's what his bio says and why we got him

This what FJ said after the draft:

Pick 31: Camdyn McIntosh, Peel ThunderJackson says: He's a 192cm player who played a key defensive role during the national carnival, but he has the ability to play a midfield role because he has elite endurance. He was in the top three per cent at the Draft Combine for the beep test and 3km time trial. After the carnival, he came back and played senior WAFL footy for Peel Thunder as an outside midfielder.

See: http://oneeyed-richmond.com/forum/index.php?topic=16995.msg342059#msg342059

Also: From FJ on SEN:

Kamdyn big boy, play defender but also as a mid.

He is a kid who can play more than one position, which is important these days. As he defender he can play on the talls and the smaller forwards, the option is also there to play him as a mid because he has great endurance it's a win/win IMV

IMHO this kid is a very good get for us

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #49 on: December 02, 2012, 01:10:20 PM »
Cheers WP.

"Rucks:

the claw

« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2012, 01:16:59 PM »
A real smokey this kid, the wc had massive wraps on him , and they dont get too many wrong just quietly, especially locals :shh
yeah wce had him pencilled in at 46. he was to be the obvious replacement for when mitch brown leaves next yr or when glass retires which he has spoken of a few times the last couple yrs.. they obviously see him as a defender.

pardon me for continuing to be a bit cynical about him being a mid. not saying he wont become one or he doesnt have some of the attributes needed to be become one but you need more than just endurance to be a mid. im not saying   he was a bad pick either  on talent.  i like him as a defender and a worthy pick at 31.

imo theres a differnce between saying we took a genuine mid and we took a kid we hope we can turn into a kid  if we were chasing a genuine mid with this pick then we got it wrong imo.

we took griifiths as a ff and hes wasted down back doing very little other than show glimpses of his ability.
we took post as a key defender and hes was played everywhere doing nothing for his development
we took astbury as a hit up chf and now want him to be a defender and that after he showed his best as a forward.
we took vickery as an outstanding ruck prospect and now he plays almost excluively as a forward hes not looking like a ruckman. not a #1 ruckman anyway.

so much for development eh or even judging them properly. we have a history imo of trying to turn players into something they are not.
we now have another tall player in mcintosh who is very much a tall defender and they want to buck the obvious again and try and turn him into a mid.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2012, 01:30:30 PM »
Think you have some very valid points there Claw.

"Rucks:

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #52 on: December 02, 2012, 03:45:19 PM »
hes actually a forward, if playing a kid in a different position to where they played as a junior is trying to turn him into something hes not.

dont know what Peel were thinking, playing a forward down back, then playing him on a wing in the seniors. The world has gone completely mad.

next thing you know clubs will not be following the order of preferences in the draft as determined by phantom drafts............
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Ruanaidh

« Reply #53 on: December 02, 2012, 04:38:51 PM »
hes actually a forward, if playing a kid in a different position to where they played as a junior is trying to turn him into something hes not.

dont know what Peel were thinking, playing a forward down back, then playing him on a wing in the seniors. The world has gone completely mad.

next thing you know clubs will not be following the order of preferences in the draft as determined by phantom drafts............
:lol.....spot on...If the kid can play he can play and we can position him wherever as the need arises....as per Griffiths.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #54 on: December 02, 2012, 05:53:37 PM »

Mmm reminds me of Hardwick being a prick and taking Jackson out of the reserves and putting him in the seniors. What sort of magician does he think he is FFS

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #55 on: December 02, 2012, 06:41:37 PM »
I'd like to know how Claw knows what clubs wanted who for what position?

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #56 on: December 02, 2012, 07:26:14 PM »

Think he means he took..

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #57 on: December 02, 2012, 07:44:32 PM »
He sounds like Matthew Manfield
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

the claw

« Reply #58 on: December 03, 2012, 10:09:36 PM »
lol you would be surprised at who and what i know  but on this one over here it was known by everyone who they wanted.
i actually thought a kid like rodda would have been taken with one of their picks and thats just plain old deduction and commonsense.

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #59 on: December 04, 2012, 03:07:42 PM »
A real smokey this kid, the wc had massive wraps on him , and they dont get too many wrong just quietly, especially locals :shh
yeah wce had him pencilled in at 46. he was to be the obvious replacement for when mitch brown leaves next yr or when glass retires which he has spoken of a few times the last couple yrs.. they obviously see him as a defender.

pardon me for continuing to be a bit cynical about him being a mid. not saying he wont become one or he doesnt have some of the attributes needed to be become one but you need more than just endurance to be a mid. im not saying   he was a bad pick either  on talent.  i like him as a defender and a worthy pick at 31.

imo theres a differnce between saying we took a genuine mid and we took a kid we hope we can turn into a kid  if we were chasing a genuine mid with this pick then we got it wrong imo.

we took griifiths as a ff and hes wasted down back doing very little other than show glimpses of his ability.
we took post as a key defender and hes was played everywhere doing nothing for his development
we took astbury as a hit up chf and now want him to be a defender and that after he showed his best as a forward.
we took vickery as an outstanding ruck prospect and now he plays almost excluively as a forward hes not looking like a ruckman. not a #1 ruckman anyway.

so much for development eh or even judging them properly. we have a history imo of trying to turn players into something they are not.
we now have another tall player in mcintosh who is very much a tall defender and they want to buck the obvious again and try and turn him into a mid.

Then Claw tell my why you said this to me a couple of weeks ago when I suggested that McIntosh was an ideal replacement for the injured Grimes??

Time to fast track Mcintosh.
but hes a mid isnt he. ::)

reckon with this scenario we need to take a mature key defender in the rookie draft or psd. kyle hartigan please.