Author Topic: How did we rate Richmond's draft?  (Read 7858 times)

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
Re: How did we rate Richmond's draft?
« Reply #60 on: November 24, 2012, 09:53:40 AM »
MM is a pure excitement machine, I expect he'll play his way into the team R 1 , boy Ive been wanting a goal kicking freak to arrive at Punt rd for some time, my prayers just may have been answered :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

gerkin greg

« Reply #61 on: November 24, 2012, 11:19:56 AM »
you pitch so many tents you must be in the scouts, badgejangler  :lol

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #62 on: November 24, 2012, 12:16:14 PM »
Mmmm its Mac time  :thumbsup

I hope they go well but in the past we haven't done so well with Mac's like McDonald, McMahon, McGuane, McGrath, McQueen and who could forget  McPost, McGourdis, McTaylor, McRoberts, McHughes and so on...

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #63 on: November 24, 2012, 12:17:13 PM »
McVlastuin.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #64 on: November 24, 2012, 03:16:36 PM »

you pitch so many tents you must be in the scouts, badgejangler  :lol
:lol
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

the claw

« Reply #65 on: November 24, 2012, 04:01:27 PM »
No, no, no no. Just no!

played as a backman in the champs, listed as a backman in his bio on the AFL website, so therefor he is, and can never be anything but, a backman.

Nothing else matters.
well those at peel you know the ones who watch him week in week out say hes a tall defender who can play on smalls they acknowledge his endurance etc but think him more a tight checking player rather than a run and rebound player.
for arguments sake i will phrase it most of his junior career hes played as a defender but has been given the odd run in other positions.
i think hes a good player but please its stretching it to call him a mid.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #66 on: November 24, 2012, 04:14:59 PM »
No, no, no no. Just no!

played as a backman in the champs, listed as a backman in his bio on the AFL website, so therefor he is, and can never be anything but, a backman.

Nothing else matters.
well those at peel you know the ones who watch him week in week out say hes a tall defender who can play on smalls they acknowledge his endurance etc but think him more a tight checking player rather than a run and rebound player.
for arguments sake i will phrase it most of his junior career hes played as a defender but has been given the odd run in other positions.
i think hes a good player but please its stretching it to call him a mid.

No wonder Peel are poo. They played him on a wing in seniors. If he's a defender in their eyes maybe they were tanking?

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #67 on: November 24, 2012, 04:16:30 PM »
who gives a stuff where someone plays a junior. to pigeon hole someone because their coach played them in a certain position, normally as to what is best fit for the team, is mental.

He played 4 senior games as an outside mid for peel and did a fair job. he has the attributes to play as a wingman, if hes good enough.

this whole notion that where someone plays as a junior means that is their position for life is close to the most stuffed up poo that gets sprouted on the internet.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #68 on: November 24, 2012, 06:45:01 PM »
Cant say I was overly impressed, thought we would have gone a few more pure mids, oh well

the claw

« Reply #69 on: November 24, 2012, 06:57:32 PM »
who gives a stuff where someone plays a junior. to pigeon hole someone because their coach played them in a certain position, normally as to what is best fit for the team, is mental.

He played 4 senior games as an outside mid for peel and did a fair job. he has the attributes to play as a wingman, if hes good enough.
he played 4 senior games on a wing because he was too lihght to play kp.

this whole notion that where someone plays as a junior means that is their position for life is close to the most stuffed up poo that gets sprouted on the internet.
i think the debate is did we take a genuine mid even a fool can see we didnt. noone anywhere has said that where someone plays as a junior is where they play for life they are your words bud.
is it unreasobnable to ask why not take a kid who is a genuine mid that  has played there most of his career rather than take a kid whos rarely played there at pick 31 our second pick and an important one who may with development become a mid. can you not tell the difference betwween ready made mid and having to develop a mid.
ive always believed you take mids to play on the flanks not the other way around. isnt that whats been espoused for yrs now far easier to turn a mid into a flanker than a flanker into a mid.

finally do you think it  unreasonable to  question what we have done or are you one of those who think what ever they do is right.
me im happy to have mcintosh as a defender and if they can turn him into an effective mid fine but lets call it the way it is.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #70 on: November 24, 2012, 07:16:07 PM »
Not many pure mids were taken after the first round.

Edit: I count 1. Nick Graham. And he's a poor kick of the footy.

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #71 on: November 24, 2012, 07:29:25 PM »

he played 4 senior games on a wing because he was too lihght to play kp.

i think the debate is did we take a genuine mid even a fool can see we didnt. noone anywhere has said that where someone plays as a junior is where they play for life they are your words bud.
is it unreasobnable to ask why not take a kid who is a genuine mid that  has played there most of his career rather than take a kid whos rarely played there at pick 31 our second pick and an important one who may with development become a mid. can you not tell the difference betwween ready made mid and having to develop a mid.
ive always believed you take mids to play on the flanks not the other way around. isnt that whats been espoused for yrs now far easier to turn a mid into a flanker than a flanker into a mid.

finally do you think it  unreasonable to  question what we have done or are you one of those who think what ever they do is right.
me im happy to have mcintosh as a defender and if they can turn him into an effective mid fine but lets call it the way it is.

I think you take the kid that you think best has the tools to play the position you want, irrelevant of where his junior coach played him

the players education starts now, everything up to now has been pre school.

if you think that only those played as a mid as a junior are midfielders you vastly reduce your options.  all you should be concentrating on are their attributes.

if you are not saying that where a kid plays as a junior sets his position as an adult, why do you keep harping on about where these guys played as kids?

you either think they are pigeon holed in that position or you believe it is possible they can play elsewhere. no grey area with this one.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #72 on: November 24, 2012, 07:39:03 PM »
Would have loved Grundy. Having said that if Vlas is anything like Voss (which he reminds me of so much), I'll be happy to eat my words. At he very least he will add steel to our side which is never a bad thing!
As we didn't get Grundy, I was very happy to see the selection of McBean. Grundy would have played next year but McBean will not be ready for 3. He has a lot of upside and has more skill and agility than Gus and Browne combined.
Mckintosh seems to have great attributes such as height, endurance and kicking skills. In a short time he has come a long way which shows great character and talent.
McDonough has the X factor that our side needs. Performs in big games and has a swagger.

All we have here though is potential. It's now up to our development team to turn potential into reality.

:gotigers
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

TigerTimeII

« Reply #73 on: November 24, 2012, 08:22:23 PM »
how good

will let u know in 2 yrs

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy