Author Topic: Americans and their guns  (Read 33948 times)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Americans and their guns
« Reply #60 on: February 07, 2013, 09:29:36 AM »
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #61 on: February 07, 2013, 04:18:19 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZ_v-uEZFvU
 :lol

I can imagine all the bears in the surrounding woods would be peeing themselves laughing at this.

Bear 1: "And to think that Billy Bear got shot by this fool!!"
Bear 2: " Yeah but Billy was stupid......He was the fourth Bear that nobody talked about cause Goldilocks whooped his ass."  ;D

Offline YB77

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #62 on: February 07, 2013, 05:05:00 PM »
Lets ramp it up a bit......there are some dumb asses in this clip, wouldnt be suprised if there was a death or two either :shh :shh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bqT6-RoGhU&feature=related

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #63 on: February 08, 2013, 10:33:14 AM »
Just goes to show that guns don't kill people. Stupid people with guns kill people.

Highlights

LMAO @ the chick with the AK47.  :rollin
LMAO@ alll the doofuses suffering from "scope eye"  :rollin

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #64 on: February 08, 2013, 10:37:24 AM »
Just goes to show that guns don't kill people. Stupid people with guns kill people.

Take the guns off the stupid people and people don't get killed.

:thumbsup
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 11:49:31 AM by 1965 »

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #65 on: February 08, 2013, 11:07:34 AM »

Take the guns of the stupid people and people don't get killed.

:thumbsup

I was waiting for the "Especially Tony Abbott."  ;D

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #66 on: February 09, 2013, 08:53:29 AM »
Just goes to show that guns don't kill people.

At about the same time as sandy hook almost the exactly same thing happened in china.

No children however died.

The nut case was armed with a knife, not a gun

Ruanaidh

« Reply #67 on: February 16, 2013, 02:34:54 PM »
The "Right to bear arms" was ratified in the 2nd amendment in order  to provide (among others): the citizens of the US with a means to deter "Tyranical Government". In order to achieve this aim, if need ever should arise, the weapons must be of a similar design to those use by the military. Superficially, it sounds excessive but history is replete with governments that disarmed the populace prior to adopting tyranny. Hitler and Stalin are just two. The 2nd Amendment was one of the most far-sighted achievements of one of History's great men: Thomas Jefferson. It had it's origin in English Natural Law. 

One day we (or our progeny) may rue the fact that we do not have this right.

This is a balanced view IMO:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWNOiw_XIV8

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #68 on: February 18, 2013, 03:00:06 PM »
Ya so let's give the average yanks nukes drones and aircraft carriers. Realistic

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #69 on: February 18, 2013, 04:04:22 PM »
There needs to be an intelligence/mental stability clause inserted

Ruanaidh

« Reply #70 on: February 18, 2013, 05:43:19 PM »
Ya so let's give the average yanks nukes drones and aircraft carriers. Realistic
I suspected that this would be a come-back. I think you should be more realistic and less hyperbolic. I am taking about firearms only.

dwaino

« Reply #71 on: February 18, 2013, 10:11:06 PM »
The "Right to bear arms" was ratified in the 2nd amendment in order  to provide (among others): the citizens of the US with a means to deter "Tyranical Government". In order to achieve this aim, if need ever should arise, the weapons must be of a similar design to those use by the military. Superficially, it sounds excessive but history is replete with governments that disarmed the populace prior to adopting tyranny. Hitler and Stalin are just two. The 2nd Amendment was one of the most far-sighted achievements of one of History's great men: Thomas Jefferson. It had it's origin in English Natural Law. 

When I was younger and learning about it in high school, I tended to agree with you there in regards to the 2nd Amendment and it as a measure against tyrannical governments. In regards to blokes like Mussolini, Hitler, and Stalin, they had governments based on ideologies. The idea of disarmament was the try and eradicate the subversive elements and make it easier to quash the minorities that don't subscribe to the state doctrine. Where as the proposed disarmament in the US, just like in Australia, was a knee-jerk reaction to an event. The success of a society comes down to the sum of all its parts. IMO the idea that any modern first world society allows their populace to be armed is just ensuring the populace to be fractured, hinders social development and hamstrings the government by being able to hold them at ransom.

If the 2nd Amendment was worth its weight, then the US citizens should have gone to town and beheaded the state a century ago when the bloated Capitalist rats poked their ugly heads back up and re-introduced central banking.

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #72 on: February 19, 2013, 11:36:29 AM »

When I was younger and learning about it in high school, I tended to agree with you there in regards to the 2nd Amendment and it as a measure against tyrannical governments. In regards to blokes like Mussolini, Hitler, and Stalin, they had governments based on ideologies. The idea of disarmament was the try and eradicate the subversive elements and make it easier to quash the minorities that don't subscribe to the state doctrine. Where as the proposed disarmament in the US, just like in Australia, was a knee-jerk reaction to an event. The success of a society comes down to the sum of all its parts. IMO the idea that any modern first world society allows their populace to be armed is just ensuring the populace to be fractured, hinders social development and hamstrings the government by being able to hold them at ransom.

If the 2nd Amendment was worth its weight, then the US citizens should have gone to town and beheaded the state a century ago when the bloated Capitalist rats poked their ugly heads back up and re-introduced central banking.

Agree dwaino, and don't forget that there is also a truckload of money being made by weapons manufacturers and logistics corporations. That is why wars exist these days, its not about geography or opposing political ideologies, they are commercial exercises backed by large logistical corporations like The Carlyle group and Halliburton who have had investors of the likes of Dick Cheney and George W in their organisations. They make money by the actual war and then when all the killing has stopped, they make money rebuilding the infrastructure they had just destroyed and get paid in Texas tea.

As a example, Sierra Leone or Zimbabwe have atrocities occurring that a far worse than anything that Saddam Hussein ever did yet the US Military might does nothing the fix the situation. Why?? Because there is no serious money to be made in Poor countries with no infrastructure and no rich natural resources that they can rape. Oh and of course, they have no Weapons of Mass Destruction either.  :banghead

dwaino

« Reply #73 on: February 19, 2013, 12:44:48 PM »
Bang on Tiga. No one needs to be familiar with Zeigeist, Loose Change, or subscribe to fruit loops like Alex Jones to understand that war is business and unless there is money to be made then it just won't happen.

I wonder how long it will be until it goes more Orwellian, where people don't know the 'enemy' and Big Brother changes that 'enemy' on a whim. Oh wait... It's just about like that already.

Ruanaidh

« Reply #74 on: February 19, 2013, 07:44:23 PM »
Bang on Tiga. No one needs to be familiar with Zeigeist, Loose Change, or subscribe to fruit loops like Alex Jones to understand that war is business and unless there is money to be made then it just won't happen.

I wonder how long it will be until it goes more Orwellian, where people don't know the 'enemy' and Big Brother changes that 'enemy' on a whim. Oh wait... It's just about like that already.
All wars are fought for resource acquisition. The 'tinder' of war is propaganda. The spark is a catalysing event, always engineered. The fire involves a 'mythic' battle against engineered enemies as in Al 'CIAda'. It's a scam, American citizens are waking up, and the cards are in the air :shh