Author Topic: Essendon face AFL probe/Players found Guilty by CAS  (Read 561888 times)

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Essendon face AFL probe
« Reply #3000 on: October 01, 2014, 06:55:08 PM »
 :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol stuffing lol

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3001 on: October 01, 2014, 07:00:40 PM »
Slowly edging closer to the ultimate perfect result

:clapping
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

tony_montana

« Reply #3002 on: October 01, 2014, 07:06:51 PM »
what do people deem to be an adequate result?

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #3003 on: October 01, 2014, 07:09:53 PM »
Tasmania fc

tony_montana

« Reply #3004 on: October 01, 2014, 07:18:50 PM »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3005 on: October 01, 2014, 08:06:44 PM »
Essendon crisis: Leadership group tried to stop James Hird appealing verdict

Jake Niall
    The Age
    October 1, 2014 - 7:25PM

Members of Essendon's leadership group tried to persuade James Hird not to go through with his plan to appeal the verdict, after the club briefed the leadership group on the crisis on Wednesday.

The club intends to offer the coaching position to Mark Thompson in the event that Hird is sacked. It is understood that Thompson met skipper Jobe Watson on Wednesday and indicated that he would not stay at Essendon next year - unless he was senior coach.

Essendon is well aware that Thompson is interested in coaching the Gold Coast Suns, following the sacking of Guy McKenna. As of Wednesday evening, it was unclear how the club would deal with the uncertainty surrounding Thompson, who had been offered a role in the football department and indicated he would like to stay but did not sign on.

Essendon's players, on the whole, do not want the club to appeal the Federal Court decision - putting them at odds with Hird, who maintains that the process of the ASADA investigation was unlawful and a denial of natural justice.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/essendon-crisis-leadership-group-tried-to-stop-james-hird-appealing-verdict-20141001-10ovw8.html

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #3006 on: October 01, 2014, 08:07:37 PM »
Members of Essendon's leadership group tried to persuade James Hird not to go through with his plan to appeal the verdict, after the club briefed the leadership group on the crisis on Wednesday.

The club intends to offer the coaching position to Mark Thompson in the event that Hird is sacked. It is understood that Thompson met skipper Jobe Watson on Wednesday and indicated that he would not stay at Essendon next year - unless he was senior coach.

Essendon is well aware that Thompson is interested in coaching the Gold Coast Suns, following the sacking of Guy McKenna. As of Wednesday evening, it was unclear how the club would deal with the uncertainty surrounding Thompson, who had been offered a role in the football department and indicated he would like to stay but did not sign on.

Essendon's players, on the whole, do not want the club to appeal the Federal Court decision - putting them at odds with Hird, who maintains that the process of the ASADA investigation was unlawful and a denial of natural justice.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/essendon-crisis-leadership-group-tried-to-stop-james-hird-appealing-verdict-20141001-10ovw8.html#ixzz3Et1E0gaE

:'( :'( :'(

why dont you develop a sit down protest jobe?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/essendon-captain-jobe-watson-pushed-for-revolt-on-subs/story-e6frf9jf-1226030375063

give cotchin the medal you filthy drug cheat

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #3007 on: October 01, 2014, 08:08:13 PM »
you only got in faster cause i was adding the crying faces

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3008 on: October 01, 2014, 08:12:32 PM »
Just gets better and better

The best punishment in this is the overwhelming self inflicted damage James Hird is doing to his reputation

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3009 on: October 01, 2014, 08:22:40 PM »
Just gets better and better

The best punishment in this is the overwhelming self inflicted damage James Hird is doing to his reputation

And getting sacked  :clapping

what do people deem to be an adequate result?

Personally, Hird getting sacked is the non-negotiable for me

Expect the players to take deals with ASADA

Not for one minute condoning what happened but I don't think they deliberately set out to take banned substances. But they most likely did and for that they should be punished

But IMV their greatest crime outside of being incredibly stupid & naïve was the fact they trusted their coach and the entire footy dept and those people let them down in a horrible way.

The added bonus of course is watching a club implode they way this mob is....  :clapping

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3010 on: October 01, 2014, 08:30:57 PM »
But IMV their greatest crime outside of being incredibly stupid & naïve was the fact they trusted their coach and the entire footy dept and those people let them down in a horrible way.

are not these the exact people that every footballer puts their trust in at a football club?

is not every draftee told to not take any substance without the appropriate staffs approval? The people that are paid to ensure everything stays above board?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3011 on: October 01, 2014, 08:40:06 PM »

are not these the exact people that every footballer puts their trust in at a football club?

is not every draftee told to not take any substance without the appropriate staffs approval? The people that are paid to ensure everything stays above board?

Yep and that's part of the issue here I reckon

Players were told they were being given one thing but it appears that they could have been given something completely different

I feel for the 1st & 2nd year players they would have just done what Jim told them because they were in awe of him, his reputation etc. That's what I mean by naïve & stupid. Have less for the senior blokes because they should have known better. The fact that not one of them questioned any of this still staggers me

Also, the other thing for mine is the Doctor (who I defended in the past but wont now) he approached people with his concerns and then it appears he didn't do any follow up... terrible

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #3012 on: October 01, 2014, 09:01:45 PM »
I'm just shocked to be sitting here
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline DCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Belle, Richmond PR manager
« Reply #3013 on: October 01, 2014, 09:48:52 PM »
Another great article from Caro  :clapping
Her series of articles about Essendon have been quality journalism. Miles in front of the rubbish that Blobbo has written.

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #3014 on: October 01, 2014, 09:58:10 PM »
Riddle me this.

How do you extend a contract and then despite the bloke barely having worked since sack him?

You can't sack a bloke for pursuing his legal rights in a private matter, even if you don't want him to.

The icing on the cake here could be Hird suing the bejesus out of Essendon.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...