Author Topic: Essendon face AFL probe/Players found Guilty by CAS  (Read 561813 times)

Gigantor

Re: Essendon face AFL probe
« Reply #3045 on: October 04, 2014, 11:54:08 AM »
Has anyone read the article in the Herald sun today(I read it online) where its alleged their CEO took a peptide in 2012....I find this deeply disturbing

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3046 on: October 04, 2014, 12:15:41 PM »
Has anyone read the article in the Herald sun today(I read it online) where its alleged their CEO took a peptide in 2012....I find this deeply disturbing

how so? Why should anything this club do be a surprise to anyone.

They will forever be known as the biggest cheats the game has ever seen.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #3047 on: October 04, 2014, 01:11:38 PM »

Why?

CEO's don't fall under any code.

They can snort cocaine of their desks if they like.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Gigantor

« Reply #3048 on: October 04, 2014, 02:25:11 PM »
Well if true ,is this the standard we want from our community leaders?......He s the head of a major sporting body one that participates in countless community programs.
If our society accepts this sort of behaviour then so be it,but then don't come crying about what is happening amongst our youth

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #3049 on: October 04, 2014, 04:51:02 PM »
Not trying to be a smart arse here but do you know what a peptide is?

If you have ever drank milk you've had plenty.

The one talked about here is primarily a trial drug for the prevention of skin cancer and to assist fair skinned people with some of the health risks from that.

It's astupid thing to take any drug without professional advice and especially a trial drug but it's hardly taking ice of a hooker's breasts.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3050 on: October 04, 2014, 05:18:08 PM »

Back page of today's HUN

FWIW he wasn't CEO at the time of the Supplement scandal

The CEO of the day left last year, just one of a couple that were made scapegoats
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 02:32:59 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Gigantor

« Reply #3051 on: October 05, 2014, 11:08:54 AM »
Big Richo again I say..if these are the standards that modern society find acceptable then so be it...but then society shouldnt come crying when its youth is struggling with these issues

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3052 on: October 05, 2014, 01:02:26 PM »
Little’s boy lost and it’s going to cost as doping bill may top $8m

Herald-Sun
October 05, 2014

A FULL payout of James Hird’s two-year contract would tip Essendon’s doping investigations expenses over the $8 million mark.

Club bosses must now ­decide whether or not to sack Hird, a move that could cost about $1.5 million.

The cost of defending the club’s experimental 2012 supplements program continues to climb, with another $1 million forked out on Thursday when the club’s former fitness boss Dean Robinson settled a wrongful dismissal claim.

Hird was paid almost $1 million in a lump sum by the club in December to sit out 2014.

A study tour to Europe, agreed as part of his AFL ­suspension, is also being part-funded by the Bombers.

An $800,000 instalment of last year’s $2 million AFL fine is due on December 31, with a final $800,000 to be paid by the end of 2015. Last month’s Federal Court stoush cost the club about $850,000 in legal costs, ­including costs to ASADA.

Hird has paid his own expenses and is estimated to have already forked out about $500,000 in legal fees in his fight against ASADA and the AFL. The legal costs for the 34 former and current Essendon players being represented by a team of lawyers engaged by the AFL Players’ Association are also being footed by the club. If some players continue to maintain their innocence, rather than make a deal with ASADA, the saga could drag on for two more years.

Bombers chairman Paul Little — Australia’s 56th richest man with an estimated personal fortune of $880 million — has declared no player will ever admit to guilt, a requirement from ASADA for any discounted penalty.

Little outlined what good ­financial news there was to the Bombers’ faithful at Wednesday’s best-and-fairest count.

He said revenue had hit a record $64 million in 2014 and the club had reduced its planned debt on its Tullamarine headquarters from $5 million last year to $3.52 million.

Critics say the $8 million would have been better spent on the football department, finishing the Tullamarine ­facility and clearing debt, though some of the costs will be offset by insurance.

“The club will never be able to move on until it finally confronts the truth of events that have only been the subject of speculation to outsiders,” club member Jackson Taylor said in a notice to spill the board distributed to Essendon supporters last week. “This has always been the source of the club’s weakness, and the board has no one to blame but itself.”

Hird and his lawyers will ­return to the Federal Court on Thursday, when Justice Susan Kenny will decide whether to expedite his appeal.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/littles-boy-lost-and-its-going-to-cost-as-doping-bill-may-top-8m/story-fndv7pj3-1227080171266

:stupid

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3053 on: October 05, 2014, 09:33:19 PM »

The one talked about here is primarily a trial drug for the prevention of skin cancer and to assist fair skinned people with some of the health risks from that.

Mainly used to get a tan

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3054 on: October 06, 2014, 04:52:54 PM »
Essendon wimp it again from sacking Hird  ::).

------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The Board of the Essendon Football Club met today and resolved to retain its existing football structure in the immediate term.

"Chairman Paul Little said there were several complex matters of significance currently in progress, being the Federal Court Appeal by James Hird and the expected re-issuing of show-cause notices by ASADA.

“As such, the Board believes it would be potentially reckless to make any decisions of significance until there is further clarity on these crucial matters.

“The Board recognises the rights of James to pursue his appeal of the recent Federal Court decision.  James remains senior coach of the Essendon Football Club and will work closely with other members of the Football Department during this particularly important trade and planning period in preparation for the 2015 season.

“The Board has set no timeframe on further considering these matters, however, will monitor developments as they occur.

“After discussions with key relevant parties, we remain hopeful the ASADA process can be expedited and completed prior to the end of 2014.  In the meantime, we will continue to provide all available support to the players and their families.

“The Board understands the uncertainty ongoing media speculation creates for our members and supporters.  We recognise there are many different opinions on these matters and reaffirm the Board is committed to acting in the best interests of the Club and its members.

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2014-10-06/club-statement

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3055 on: October 06, 2014, 04:53:43 PM »
James Hird - the gift that keeps on giving! :clapping
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

dwaino

« Reply #3056 on: October 06, 2014, 04:56:00 PM »
I reckon he's threatening them too.

tony_montana

« Reply #3057 on: October 06, 2014, 05:13:35 PM »

he is most definitely threatening to sue them if they sack him.

this is just great  :clapping

dwaino

« Reply #3058 on: October 06, 2014, 05:16:23 PM »
 :lol yep. Just let them devour themselves from the inside out.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3059 on: October 06, 2014, 05:25:15 PM »

Absolutely, but don't forget Jimmy is doing this for all of us.

All of us

What a guy
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)