Author Topic: Richmond V's Bombers - Dreamtime game - Round 9, 2013  (Read 10701 times)

Offline Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richmond V's Bombers - Dreamtime game - Round 9, 2013
« Reply #120 on: May 25, 2013, 09:49:02 PM »
If Hardwick doesn't give them the biggest all time spray then he is not the man for the job. Send Choco out to give them one because if we dont take this game on then no point going back on for the last term. FFS attack the goals, go forwards and not backwards or sideways. And if Jackson misses another target or tackle then have him sit out the rest of the term, simply not good enough.  It does tell you where we are as a team and its not in the top 8, we are pretenders of the highest order.

Offline Muscles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #121 on: May 25, 2013, 09:49:50 PM »
Time to come out from the break and have a crack.  There's a few players who need to show a bit of desire.

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #122 on: May 25, 2013, 09:55:04 PM »
We need to keep dreaming because we will not play finals like this.Our foot skills a shocking and we turnover the ball to much.How many players cant kick in the side tonight ???.Rance,Chaplin,White,Jackson,Nahas,Lonergan,Maguane and the list goes on.Dream on if you think you can carry that many in your best 22.I think Dimma and is crew got it wrong at the selection table to.To many times we a rewarding games to players from the vfl that dont deserve it.Dimma game plan is lacking and doesnt have a plab B at all.

As always our big name players go in there shell against the top teams in the afl evident again today.Dont need to mention them.

Offline Hank44

• Future Richmond star
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #123 on: May 25, 2013, 10:09:37 PM »
I'm starting to wonder if the game plan has our players confused. We have attacking mids who don't seem to be allowed to play attacking footy unless we start overwhelming favourites.

Offline Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #124 on: May 25, 2013, 10:19:55 PM »
Dimmas dissection should be good this week, should go for about an hour! Failed in every facet of the game. One stat I would be interested in is missed tackles,  how many times did Watson break away from one two or three consecutive tackles.

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #125 on: May 25, 2013, 10:23:02 PM »
We need to keep dreaming because we will not play finals like this.Our foot skills a shocking and we turnover the ball to much.How many players cant kick in the side tonight ???.Rance,Chaplin,White,Jackson,Nahas,Lonergan,Maguane and the list goes on.Dream on if you think you can carry that many in your best 22.I think Dimma and is crew got it wrong at the selection table to.To many times we a rewarding games to players from the vfl that dont deserve it.Dimma game plan is lacking and doesnt have a plab B at all.

As always our big name players go in there shell against the top teams in the afl evident again today.Dont need to mention them.

Go watch a coburg game and tell us who should come in

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #126 on: May 25, 2013, 10:24:00 PM »
What do you take from this game?

It's not a smashing (scoreboard wise) but we didn't look like ever winning or even mounting a comeback.

Like the Collingwood game, I don't think the Bombers were at their best, I think we get overawed with the big games.

There are other problems, we have midfield depth, but the depth isn't match fit. The forward line remains a huge problem, and we still panic too much and have too many players with sub par skills.

I'm glad I didn't waste my time driving a couple hours to go watch the game, it was very flat and, to be honest, I played Candy Crush for the last half.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #127 on: May 25, 2013, 10:29:51 PM »
No excuses for that rubbish tonight.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #128 on: May 25, 2013, 10:31:21 PM »
The gap in the skill levels of both teams was very evident tonight. The bombers were quite clean and virtually didnt miss a target. Us on the other hand have no confidence with our passing to the point where players like Grigg are trying to almost scoop the ball rather than kick through it. The other problem is the kicking ability inside our 50. Take out Riewoldt and I certainly get very nervous when any other player is lining up for goal. Again I thought our lack of a crumbing forward was evident and we therefore miss out on alot of easy goals.

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #129 on: May 25, 2013, 10:34:47 PM »

Yes that's right it is the season of no excuses, that has already been established

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #130 on: May 25, 2013, 11:18:57 PM »
Rd 4 Collingwood....epic failure
Rd 6 Geelong ....epic failure

and now

Rd 9 Essendon ....epic failure

And this was the most experienced Richmond team since 2001...meh- what ever.

Unleash the tornado

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #131 on: May 25, 2013, 11:20:06 PM »
As soon as we've copped some injuries our depth is just poorly skilled and lacking desire.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #132 on: May 25, 2013, 11:23:17 PM »
As soon as we've copped some injuries our depth is just poorly skilled and lacking desire.

Our shortcoming wasn't depth, it was attitude.

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #133 on: May 25, 2013, 11:37:16 PM »

Yes that's right it is the season of no excuses, that has already been established
Yes and we are also Big game losers.
We have bigameloseritis.
Had it for years its an epidemic at punt road.
The club that keeps giving.

the claw

« Reply #134 on: May 25, 2013, 11:53:24 PM »
I can't see a way to bridge the gap between us and the top 8 sides.....and I'm not going to put up with this poo ever again. This is my last year.
geez i can. but it means taking a step backwrds t go forward and no one is prepared to suffer that.
once agin its the basics of decent skills good decision making and enough polish around the ground.no one wants to listen but at least 8 who played tonight are not afl standard in a lot of the basics.
we will not take the next step unless we bite the bullet. we have to admit we are not a top8 side yet and we still need to find a fair few pieces of the puzzle.

if it is at all possible a good start would be only playing the likes of white nahas king mcguane jackson lonergan rance off the topof my head if neccesary.some of em may have had a decent game tonight but you can see what their ceiling is and its not going to be good enough.  we also need to stop gifting games to the likes of vickery we need to get games into kids we need to play kids in areas we are braking down in.
im not saying get rid of em all in one foul swoop we cant do that we need to remain competetie but if we are honest that is all we are competetive a lot of the time.

to finish wht a diabolical display of ineptness and a general lack of basics.

im a dimma fan but he needs to wake up and he needs to make decisions on some of the hacks or they will cost him his job.