Author Topic: Richmond V's Bombers - Dreamtime game - Round 9, 2013  (Read 10558 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Richmond V's Bombers - Dreamtime game - Round 9, 2013
« on: May 20, 2013, 03:22:51 PM »
MCG website saying they're expecting a crowd of 82,000 turning up.

-----------------------------------------------

Event:                   AFL Round 9
Teams:                  Richmond v Essendon
Date:                     Saturday May 25, 2013
Start time:             7.50pm

Gate opening:
Public/AFL members: 4.00pm
MCC members: 4.00pm

Car park opening:
Gate 3: 1.30pm
Gate 5: 3.00pm
Gate 6: 4.00pm
Gate 7: 2.30pm (media, corporate and disabled pass holders only)

Expected attendance: 82,000

Tickets: Tickets to this match are selling extremely quickly. Patrons are advised to pre-purchased a reserved seat via Ticketek here to avoid disappointment.

Cheersquad allocation:
Richmond - Bay M3 (Rows A-K) and Bay M4 (Rows A-K)
Essendon - Bay M33 (Rows A-S)

http://www.mcg.org.au/Events/Upcoming%20Events/Event%20Details.aspx?eid=7df3725d-2169-4483-9218-51b409a9b645

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Richmond V's Bombers - Dreamtime game - Round 9, 2013
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2013, 10:14:09 AM »
So how do we win this??

Must contain their small forwards and we struggle to do this against most teams.
Must win the center clearances and stoppages. Something we are very good at but very bad when not switched on.

This is a season defining game for mine, I didn't expect to beat the Cats the way they were travelling or the Pies to a lesser extent. We should of beaten Freo and we should beat the Dons.

We need to get our skills going again, we can't afford turnovers and we can't let them dominate us from the opening bounce...

If we click, we will flog them....turn the ball over, go into our shells or play sideways football and it's curtains, direct quick movement of the ball through the corridor is the way to beat them!! :gotigers
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

dwaino

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2013, 10:21:44 AM »
Kick a bigger score.  :cheers

Offline Crazy_Ivan

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2013, 10:29:18 AM »
Kidnap Bomber Thompson and force Hird to make the decisions.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2013, 10:52:04 AM »
Kick a bigger score.  :cheers

Yep, started a thread about this and might get it going again, Bombers can be a very high scoring team and while we don't really want a shoot out we will need to Kick over 15 nearing 20 to beat them I think.

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2013, 11:30:52 AM »
Essendon have no small forwards currently. Jetta isn't playing and Davey apparently won't be back yet.  :shh

They have bigs and mediums which suit us better IMO. Have to stop Ryder. If he plays like a gimp we will win. Hurley and Crameri I believe we have covered. Even if Jetta comes in Morris will flog him. Need to shut down Zaka and Stanton. Watson can rack up 30 touches if he wants but if he's got no one to feed them to they are stuffed.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2013, 11:53:02 AM »
Essendon have no small forwards currently. Jetta isn't playing and Davey apparently won't be back yet.  :shh

They have bigs and mediums which suit us better IMO. Have to stop Ryder. If he plays like a gimp we will win. Hurley and Crameri I believe we have covered. Even if Jetta comes in Morris will flog him. Need to shut down Zaka and Stanton. Watson can rack up 30 touches if he wants but if he's got no one to feed them to they are stuffed.

Jetta has been tearing it up in the VFL apparently and is line to play.

"Rucks:

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2013, 11:58:44 AM »
Bellchambers has been excellent this year for them so the ruck duel is going to be crucial. I fear that without Tuck, we won't have a strength around the stoppages to beat the likes of Watson. Stanton would need to be tagged by Grigg and Watson tagged by Jackson.

Rance would work well on Ryder I feel. I think we have the players to match up on Essendon across the field so we should give this a real crack. Cotch needs a big game because they will tag Lids imo. Jack struggled against Cameri in the practise game so McGuane will have to have an infinitely better game than he had last week. Vickery could be the surprize packet this game.

Dea and the Big O will make way for Newman and Maric. Batch will probably make way for Grimes if fit.

I think they will bring in Jetta and/or Davey for this game but Morris will swamp him regardless.

White and Nahas worry me - weak links imo

I'm hoping for a great game but will need binoculars as I'm sitting up with the seagulls for the game.  :o :thumbsup

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2013, 12:03:28 PM »

Jetta has been tearing it up in the VFL apparently and is line to play.
Lots of people tear up VFL doesn't make them any good.  :whistle Morris will have Jetta covered easily.

gerkin greg

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2013, 12:09:17 PM »
Need to shut down Zaka and Stanton. Watson can rack up 30 touches if he wants but if he's got no one to feed them to they are stuffed.

Agree, that's the key. And it lies at the feet of Grigg and Jackson  :help

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2013, 12:12:44 PM »
Maybe Arnott could act in the Tuck role, won't play as tall but could give us that tough in and under side of Tuck we all know..

"Rucks:

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2013, 12:16:59 PM »
Maybe Arnott could act in the Tuck role, won't play as tall but could give us that tough in and under side of Tuck we all know..

Should have played this week to get a feel for AFL.  >:(

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2013, 12:17:51 PM »

Should have played this week to get a feel for AFL.  >:(

Yes agree and so should of Edwards for mine!!!!

"Rucks:

gerkin greg

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2013, 12:18:05 PM »
Be good to see Arnie in, but who for?

And who should he bash?

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2013, 12:21:56 PM »
Be good to see Arnie in, but who for?

And who should he bash?

Bash Watson!!!

"Rucks: