Author Topic: Richmond V's Bombers - Dreamtime game - Round 9, 2013  (Read 10563 times)

gerkin greg

Re: Richmond V's Bombers - Dreamtime game - Round 9, 2013
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2013, 12:26:41 PM »
I like it

I'll tell you who does need an uppercut, that grub Kommer, what a poo truck

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2013, 12:28:16 PM »
I like it

YES!!! Will need to watch him too, could take us to town if let loose..
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

dwaino

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2013, 12:37:59 PM »
Batch to make Hurley girly his bunny again.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2013, 12:39:55 PM »
Batch to make Hurley girly his bunny again.

How did Batch go last week? I will watch the replay Thursday when I get home, I wasn't too impressed with him in the games to date, I find him slow... :-\

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

dwaino

« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2013, 12:41:09 PM »
 :rollin
Essendon have no small forwards currently. Jetta isn't playing and Davey apparently won't be back yet.  :shh

They have bigs and mediums which suit us better IMO. Have to stop Ryder. If he plays like a gimp we will win. Hurley and Crameri I believe we have covered. Even if Jetta comes in Morris will flog him. Need to shut down Zaka and Stanton. Watson can rack up 30 touches if he wants but if he's got no one to feed them to they are stuffed.

Jetta has been tearing it up in the VFL apparently and is line to play.
Lots of people tear up VFL doesn't make them any good.  :whistle Morris will have Jetta covered easily.

Been practising his squealing and diving.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2013, 01:17:30 PM »
Hibberd could miss for the Bombers even though they reckon he'll be okay.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-05-21/hibberd-set-for-dreamtime

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2013, 01:39:40 PM »
We need to watch super sub Howlett. This guy when on song can be a goal kicking ball magnet. Must take him seriously.

Also I heard from Jim Boogie that a young bloke from the NT by the name of Peppy Tide may be a surprise inclusion.  :P ;D

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2013, 03:23:01 PM »

How did Batch go last week? I will watch the replay Thursday when I get home, I wasn't too impressed with him in the games to date, I find him slow... :-\

Crap.  As he has been too often this season.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2013, 03:39:45 PM »

Crap.  As he has been too often this season.

Mmmmm, not good then.

"Rucks:

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2013, 03:57:05 PM »
I like it

Yes, we will need to watch him very closely.  I think this is a match up for Chaplin. Chaps can be trusted to perform on both smalls and talls. He's been the recruit of the season to be honest and All-Australian isn't out of his reach. Should have been AA at Port but the AFL discriminate against some interstate players like Troy

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2013, 04:00:20 PM »
I like it

Yes, we will need to watch him very closely.  I think this is a match up for Chaplin. Chaps can be trusted to perform on both smalls and talls. He's been the recruit of the season to be honest and All-Australian isn't out of his reach. Should have been AA at Port but the AFL discriminate against some interstate players like Troy

Do you think Chaplin will be able to run with him, he gets around a bit??

"Rucks:

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2013, 04:03:03 PM »
It depends how high they are playing Kommer. If he plays at half forward then Chaplin can go with him. However someone else will have to mind him when he goes into the midfield.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2013, 04:11:28 PM »
A dream Dreamtime clash
By richmondfc.com.au
Tuesday, May 21, 2013

For the first time since the inception of “Dreamtime at the ‘G”, both Richmond and Essendon will be in the top eight when they clash in the annual blockbuster this Saturday night.

Read the full article here: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2013-05-21/a-dream-dreamtime-clash.workstation

gerkin greg

« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2013, 04:25:58 PM »
I like it

It depends how high they are playing Kommer. If he plays at half forward then Chaplin can go with him. However someone else will have to mind him when he goes into the midfield.

subtle  :lol

I'd put our worst defender on him too, but that's not going to be Chappy

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2013, 04:27:53 PM »
Preview: Tigers v Bombers
By Nathan Schmook
afl.com.au
Tuesday, May 21, 2013

SUMMARY
For the first time since the inception of the 'Dreamtime at the G' match in 2005, Richmond and Essendon will both be in the top eight leading into the centrepiece game of Indigenous Round. There is a lot at stake for both clubs, with Essendon coming off back-to-back losses against Geelong and the Brisbane Lions, and Richmond looking to snare a big scalp at the MCG after losses earlier this season to Collingwood and the Cats. A crowd of more than 80,000 should be on hand to see two deep midfields go head-to-head.   

WHERE AND WHEN: MCG, Saturday May 25, 7.45pm

LAST FIVE TIMES
Rd 22, 2012: Richmond 13.24 (102) d Essendon 8.9 (57) at the MCG
Rd 8, 2012: Essendon 19.14 (128) d Richmond 15.19 (109) at the MCG
Rd 16, 2011: Essendon 15.15 (105) d Richmond 9.12 (66) at the MCG
Rd 9, 2011: Richmond 16.9 (105) d Essendon 13.11 (89) at the MCG
Rd 9, 2010: Essendon 19.16 (130) d Richmond 14.11 (95) at the MCG

THE SIX POINTS
1. Neither side has dominated recent contests, with the Tigers holding a 6-5 advantage since 2007. The wins are split at four apiece since the 'Dreamtime' concept began in 2005.

2. Brandon Ellis is a player on the rise, highlighted by his 39-possession game against the Demons. Ellis started the season ranked No.426 in the Official AFL Player Ratings and has risen to No.378. His steady progression should continue within more midfield time. 

3. Since the 'Dreamtime' concept began in 2005, the average attendance is 66,672, with the past two matches attracting more than 80,000.

4. Essendon has the second-best attack this season, averaging 114 points per game. Richmond is ranked eighth with an average of 100 points per game.

5. No team has laid fewer tackles this season than Richmond, which has an average of 51.5 per game. Essendon is ranked seventh with 63.6 per game.

6. Both the Tigers and Bombers have been strong centre clearance teams this season. Essendon is ranked third and Richmond fifth.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-05-21/preview-tigers-v-bombers-