Author Topic: 9 wins and 5 losses  (Read 3993 times)

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
9 wins and 5 losses
« on: July 06, 2013, 06:20:05 PM »
Firstly, as angry and disgusted and infuriated as I am and we all are. We are still 9 and 5 and taking a deep breath, we'd have taken that at the start of the year.

However, I'm struggiling to find a more insipid performance from our club in my time. I've seen 150 point losses to Geelong at the dome and the 20 goal loss to Adelaide under Walls, debacle performances under Wallace and the circus that was Rawlings era. In all honest I put this pathetic performance up with the loss to Melbourne in Round 22 of 1997 (98 or 99?) When all we ndded to do is win or lose by less than 10 goals and we'd make the finals. We ended up losing by more and finished 9th. That was our worse loss in my time (born in 1983). Today eclipsed that in my eyes. We are a good side and are passed this crap of 'not turning up' and soft efforts and 'giving up' when it gets tough.

It got tough, North played bloody well but we didn't give a yelp, no leadership, no plan B.

Pathetic. Everything went wrong.

Take a deep breath and 9-5 with a huge game against the fluros from GC.
Go Tigers!

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
Re: 9 wins and 5 losses
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2013, 06:31:25 PM »
I am in QLD at the moment,  thank stuff I didn't see the game.

We all knew Norf would come out hard, but instead of a pies v tigers or bumbers v tigers where the challenger was brushed aside, we put in a pooful effort like the aforementioned games and came up very short yet again.

We should make finals, you have to start somewhere, but I can't see us going too far this year. 
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Tigershark

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2013, 06:35:43 PM »
Probably the reality check we needed.  People call Norf flat track bullies but all we showed today is that what we are at the moment.......it's easy to bash up second rate teams but were given a true lesson today.....we were importers today but need to show next week some true resolve or tiger land will go into melt down. 

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2013, 06:38:56 PM »
Probably the reality check we needed.  People call Norf flat track bullies but all we showed today is that what we are at the moment.......it's easy to bash up second rate teams but were given a true lesson today.....we were importers today but need to show next week some true resolve or tiger land will go into melt down.

Yep great call. We are flat track bullies. Very happy to run and burn it up when we are skiing downhill.

Very very interesting to see some of the players shut down when we were 8 goals down. Not a huge surprise though.

Also as much as Cotchin is a star, his leadership is still really raw, as is his knowledge of the game. Need his leadership to really developing into a general. Games like today doesn't happy to a side with a general as a leader. Will never see Hodge let that happen to the Hawks or Selwood let that happen to the Cats

Go Tigers!

Gigantor

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2013, 06:44:03 PM »
I made a comment to one of my mates in the first 5 minutes  of the game that we and in particular jack looked disinterested and that's how the game rolled out.in my opinion it was all about attitude
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 07:19:08 PM by Gigantor »

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2013, 07:17:07 PM »
At half time North doubled our uncontested marks and uncontested possessions.

That is 100% down to effort and running and spreading.

Yes, Ellis going down hurt our spread but no1 was interested in picking up the slack.
Go Tigers!

dwaino

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2013, 07:17:56 PM »
Should be 14-0. No excuses.

Gigantor

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2013, 07:18:32 PM »
pope do you know if Ellis was concussed,i couldnt quite see from where I was sitting?

Offline Golfprotiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Risking Head and Shin
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2013, 07:25:00 PM »
I made a comment to one of my mates in the first 5 minutes  of the game that we and in particular jack looked disinterested and that's how the game rolled out.in my opinion it was all about attitude

Well said!! :clapping
Tommy Hafey - "There's nothing more tiger-ish than a bloody tiger, a wounded tiger''

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2013, 08:53:18 PM »
One thing that we can't seem to do yet is that when the game is not getting played our way, is shut it right down and crank the defensive pressure right up. A bit like what the pies did to the blues. It got a bit free flowing so they stopped it.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2013, 08:56:37 PM »
Pathetic, insipid and dishonest are the words that come to mind about today's effort

Based on today we don't deserve to play finals which

Personally thought the game was done and dusted at qtr time, that's how bad we looked up

Exactly right

All I can say is

Terrific, just terrific TM
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2013, 09:18:00 PM »
pope do you know if Ellis was concussed,i couldnt quite see from where I was sitting?

Yeah heard o the radio on the way home he was quite sick about an hour after the incident (Dr. Peter Larkins words). So being a subbed out player kiijed to be clear concussion.
Go Tigers!

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2013, 09:20:50 PM »
One thing that we can't seem to do yet is that when the game is not getting played our way, is shut it right down and crank the defensive pressure right up. A bit like what the pies did to the blues. It got a bit free flowing so they stopped it.

Yep, I went to the Carl/Coll game too.

Carl dominated the first qtr but somehow the Pies were only 10-15 points down, whatever it was.

Mate of mine made a great call. The biggest difference between a top 4 side (Still think Coll are top 4 quality, they are better than Essendon) is that when the heat is on and the tempo is against them, they are able to weather the storm and not let the margin blow out. They will eventually have the tempo swing there way and thats where they really put the opposition to the sword.

We've been criticised for a while for not being able to really kill off an opponent. Today was a good example of failing to weather a storm. Its the next step we need to take if we are legit.
Go Tigers!

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2013, 09:35:52 AM »
Attitude, endeavor, mindset, weathering the storm, changing the game, playing on our terms etc. etc.

This comes down to LEADERSHIP.

That's when you see the cream rise. Selwood @ Geelong
Watson, Hodge, etc. and the more good leaders you have the less likely these things will happen.

It's clears our leaders are still developing.
Cotchin is still learning the role but he has to learn to get the team to follow him with acts of brilliance. He needs to show all the others whats required. I don't know the team is following

Deledio struggles to shake a tag. Until he can gut run and basically exhaust his opponent he will never get over this. He has to prepared to mentality and physically break them. I don't know if he ever will.

Reiwoldt must find a way to influence a game when its not happening for him up forward. I don't see him running enough.  I'd like to see him prepared to run like his cousin does. Defenders are definitely too exhausted to spoil because they can't keep up. 

At the moment it seems our leaders just except its not working for them today and stop trying. That sort of attitude filters right throughout the team. No one runs, no one works hard, no one creates, no one fights.
Our leaders aren't mentally or physically capable enough IMO
The club that keeps giving.

TigerTimeII

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2013, 09:52:29 AM »
but they have been training the house down :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead