Author Topic: Finals tickets  (Read 13500 times)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Finals tickets
« Reply #60 on: September 02, 2013, 11:26:20 AM »
Based on today's experience do we really have guaranteed access to the GF if we make one?! :-\ If GF tickets are allocated and distributed to RFC members via the Club then fine but if we have to go through the Ticketek website then good luck!  :scream

The weird thing about today is I actually got offered better seats once I finally got back on 30 minutes later after being timed out and having to queue all over again. That's why I normally still go to the outlets so I can choose what I want rather than having a computer just spit out some random seats. However given you had to get the tickets this morning from 9am I went via the Ticketek website hoping it would be more convenient and faster  :P  :scream. Anyway I've got my ticket so it's all done.

It's all about barcodes MT

Today and for the next fortnight (weeks 1-3 of finals) any members barcode will work. Hence, why they say "guaranteed access to purchase tickets". Clubs give the ticket agency via the AFL all barcodes

For the GF the only barcodes that will work are those that clubs have given to the ticket agencies via the AFL that are GF access only

So in the case of the RFC the Club would have to give barcodes for all groups that guaranteed GF tickets. That is all coterie members, 3121, MRC, Premiership club (level 2 Southern reserve seat holders) to the AFL for on forwarding to the ticket agency

No matter how you look at it it's been a debacle and I can hardly wait for the finger pointing as to who's to blame 
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #61 on: September 02, 2013, 11:36:51 AM »
The club is to blame. Those muppets wrote the membership packages. stuffing pack of morons. Or are they? These pricks better make the GF.  :banghead :banghead

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #62 on: September 02, 2013, 11:39:23 AM »
Got the missus to do it when she got to work. Originally had M11 Cat3 but the site kept dying. I told her to just get whatever she could as long as it was category 3. She got through on the mobile site and we're now M28. She said she definitely chose Richmond allocation so I hope there are some Tigers around there  :pray would have thought it would be more Carlton that end  :help

I used the mobile site, got M55:gotigers

Probably in my H&A seat  :'(

That is funny, same happened to me! It was lagging so bad, so I used my iPhone (ticketek  and it was a breeze. Got M54, seems like Richmond members will be in M55, M54 or the whole Olympic Stand Level 1?

BRING IT ON CARLTON!

GO TIGERS!!!

:gotigers
Glad to know that that area looks to be Tigers members.

Maybe Dwaino? I'm in row Y lol. Would have loved to get my seats in N8 but wasn't going to muck around refreshing when I finally got the site to offer me some tickets  :cheers

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #63 on: September 02, 2013, 11:46:42 AM »
I don't think there are specific ends. It will go like 3 bays tigers 3 bays scum etc etc around the ground.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #64 on: September 02, 2013, 12:27:03 PM »
Based on today's experience do we really have guaranteed access to the GF if we make one?! :-\ If GF tickets are allocated and distributed to RFC members via the Club then fine but if we have to go through the Ticketek website then good luck!  :scream

The weird thing about today is I actually got offered better seats once I finally got back on 30 minutes later after being timed out and having to queue all over again. That's why I normally still go to the outlets so I can choose what I want rather than having a computer just spit out some random seats. However given you had to get the tickets this morning from 9am I went via the Ticketek website hoping it would be more convenient and faster  :P  :scream. Anyway I've got my ticket so it's all done.

It's all about barcodes MT

Today and for the next fortnight (weeks 1-3 of finals) any members barcode will work. Hence, why they say "guaranteed access to purchase tickets". Clubs give the ticket agency via the AFL all barcodes

For the GF the only barcodes that will work are those that clubs have given to the ticket agencies via the AFL that are GF access only

So in the case of the RFC the Club would have to give barcodes for all groups that guaranteed GF tickets. That is all coterie members, 3121, MRC, Premiership club (level 2 Southern reserve seat holders) to the AFL for on forwarding to the ticket agency

No matter how you look at it it's been a debacle and I can hardly wait for the finger pointing as to who's to blame
Not disputing what you're saying WP but still having to go through Ticketek will mean dealing again with their website timing out  ::) when there's only a specific date and time period we'll be able to purchase GF tickets :scream.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #65 on: September 02, 2013, 12:31:42 PM »
Not disputing what you're saying WP but still having to go through Ticketek will mean dealing again with their website timing out  ::) when there's only a specific date and time period we'll be able to purchase GF tickets :scream.

For memory each competiting club has a full day set aside to purchase GF tickets.

Rather than the shambles we we have today in which we have 3 finals for purchase on ticketek (Skilled Satdium uses Ticketmaster) in a 4 hour period.

Remembering also there's only roughly 15-20k tickets allocated to each competing club for the GF so it should run a lot smother as there will be less people trying to access the site at the one time 

Online Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #66 on: September 02, 2013, 12:33:02 PM »
After timing out twice I ended up in M4.
What a joke it is trying to get tickets! An hour 45 it took!!

dwaino

« Reply #67 on: September 02, 2013, 12:42:43 PM »
Please, somebody say they are down Ponsford end around M28 so I can put my mind at ease I'm in a Tiger area  :banghead the missus swears she selected Richmond, but I'm starting to get paranoid she has pulled a shifty one since she's a Blue  :-[

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #68 on: September 02, 2013, 12:54:00 PM »
Please, somebody say they are down Ponsford end around M28 so I can put my mind at ease I'm in a Tiger area  :banghead the missus swears she selected Richmond, but I'm starting to get paranoid she has pulled a shifty one since she's a Blue  :-[
She cannot be trusted. Delist.  :lol

dwaino

« Reply #69 on: September 02, 2013, 01:02:59 PM »
 :lol

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #70 on: September 02, 2013, 01:21:57 PM »

Every person I've spoken to said they selected the tiger area and they've ended up all over the place

Some are in the Southern, some in the Ponsford others like me in the Olympic.

So who knows

Just be glad you've got a ticket.  :thumbsup

gerkin greg

« Reply #71 on: September 02, 2013, 01:24:22 PM »
Yeah we got Olympic so far back I reckon I can touch the roof FFS lol

Rolled the Dice on that one and lost LMAO  ;)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #72 on: September 02, 2013, 01:28:55 PM »
when folks pay extra for their m'ship based on a guarantee then I should receive what they's paid for

It's always selfish reasons with you  :banghead ;D

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #73 on: September 02, 2013, 01:45:35 PM »
Logged on at 9am, got 3 category 1 tickets on level two in about 5 minutes.

No trouble for me.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #74 on: September 02, 2013, 01:50:16 PM »
when folks pay extra for their m'ship based on a guarantee then I should receive what they's paid for

It's always selfish reasons with you  :banghead ;D

You better believe it  ;D

And consider yourself off the list of who I'll be giving that spare GF ticket I have access too when we get there  ;D  :rollin