Author Topic: 2013 NAB AFL Draft  (Read 14734 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: 2013 NAB AFL Draft
« Reply #195 on: November 21, 2013, 08:30:13 PM »
What do people think of Carlton's first selection ?

Why are you so obsessed with other clubs? WGAF..............

:clapping :clapping :clapping
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #196 on: November 21, 2013, 08:35:49 PM »
Why can't we discuss other club's picks? It's a draft thread not an RFC selection thread.

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #197 on: November 21, 2013, 08:37:06 PM »
Why can't we discuss other club's picks? It's a draft thread not an RFC selection thread.

Who is stopping you? Discuss away!

tony_montana

« Reply #198 on: November 21, 2013, 08:38:09 PM »
4. Doggies - Bontempelli

Might rue that selection according to their supporters

Wouldn't touch

Rampstar

« Reply #199 on: November 21, 2013, 08:39:20 PM »
GWS, St Kilda and Collingwood did really well IMHO, Brisbane did ok as well.

tony_montana

« Reply #200 on: November 21, 2013, 08:40:57 PM »
Freeman is a gun Melbourne. You have to take him!  ;D

wow yeah hes a real dud.

tony_montana

« Reply #201 on: November 21, 2013, 08:42:00 PM »
Pies absolutely smashed it.

Brisbane did well, Robertson, taylor and Aish will add to their midfield stocks and depth. Saints too

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #202 on: November 21, 2013, 09:07:31 PM »
Back to the footy discussion and topic ppl!

the claw

« Reply #203 on: November 21, 2013, 09:33:43 PM »
no complaints from me. we gave a couple state league players a go with latish picks.  ive been asking we do that sort of thing for awhile now.
my only gripe is i think there was a super talent available in marsh and i would have liked us to use either 50 or 66?? on him.

12/ lennon was not one of my picks but hes highly rated by most. acres or dunstan for me.

50/ would have liked to take jonathon marsh or james sicily here.  i think there was a few here who have shown enough and had enough talent to use  this pick on.

66??/  geez marsh was still there and so was cameron darcy. cant work out what went wrong with marsh. all i can think of is he must have interviewed very poorly. with basically the last pick in the draft collingwood imo potentiallly got the biggest steal of it.

the thing i would have liked us to do is not promote petterd and use the extra pick on what imo are some talented kids still available.

the other thing i ask and question is would lloyd and gordon have still been available even later or as rookie picks. id say the odds are good they would have been.

i worry that we have added just one 18 yr old. would have thought at least two picks could have gone to youth. im now hoping we address that with a few 18yr olds in the rookie draft.
it seems in many ways they are locked and loaded to borrow a frawleyism.

finally good luck to all three recruits i really hope the state leaguers do well in particular  and open peoples eyes to how valuable players from these leagues can be.

so for me straight after the draft i would have gone

12 acres
50 marsh
66 darcy cameron
80 ish  gordon and not promoted petterd.
rookie  lloyd.
i think the last two is where we should have taken them or tried to.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #204 on: November 21, 2013, 10:02:56 PM »
no complaints from me. we gave a couple state league players a go with latish picks.  ive been asking we do that sort of thing for awhile now.
my only gripe is i think there was a super talent available in marsh and i would have liked us to use either 50 or 66?? on him.

12/ lennon was not one of my picks but hes highly rated by most. acres or dunstan for me.

50/ would have liked to take jonathon marsh or james sicily here.  i think there was a few here who have shown enough and had enough talent to use  this pick on.

66??/  geez marsh was still there and so was cameron darcy. cant work out what went wrong with marsh. all i can think of is he must have interviewed very poorly. with basically the last pick in the draft collingwood imo potentiallly got the biggest steal of it.

the thing i would have liked us to do is not promote petterd and use the extra pick on what imo are some talented kids still available.

the other thing i ask and question is would lloyd and gordon have still been available even later or as rookie picks. id say the odds are good they would have been.

i worry that we have added just one 18 yr old. would have thought at least two picks could have gone to youth. im now hoping we address that with a few 18yr olds in the rookie draft.

finally good luck to all three recruits i really hope the state leaguers do well in particular  and open peoples eyes to how valuable players from these leagues can be.

12 acres
50 marsh
66 darcy cameron
rookie  lloyd.

Agree with all of this. Disappointed we overlooked Acres but won't hurt us as he only went to St.Kilda, happy enough with Lennon - as close as  to Acres in terms skill set that was in the draft  Can't believe we've done nothing to address our pace issues that need urgent attention even before White left and overlooking Byrne-Jones and Marsh was staggering.

Jackson still NFI when it comes to late picks.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #205 on: November 21, 2013, 10:46:04 PM »

12 acres
50 marsh
66 darcy cameron
rookie  lloyd.

Here you say 'no complaints from me' but in the other thread you say our ND 'left a lot to be desired' and that you were 'certain we could have done better'.

You happy or not, bra?

dwaino

« Reply #206 on: November 21, 2013, 10:47:19 PM »

12 acres
50 marsh
66 darcy cameron
rookie  lloyd.

Here you say 'no complaints from me' but in the other thread you say our ND 'left a lot to be desired' and that you were 'certain we could have done better'.

You happy or not, bra?

tony_montana

« Reply #207 on: November 21, 2013, 10:49:01 PM »
what happened with Darcy Cameron and marsh to be passed over like that?

'

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

Rampstar

« Reply #209 on: November 21, 2013, 11:09:48 PM »
Marsh just on his athletic ability should have been taken at 50. He has enormous upside and Collingwood will make him a player IMHO.