Author Topic: Shaun Hampson / Hammertime [merged]  (Read 362726 times)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Hammertime
« Reply #1665 on: May 23, 2016, 07:25:51 PM »
 :thumbsup
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #1666 on: May 23, 2016, 07:52:55 PM »
:facepalm
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1667 on: May 23, 2016, 08:03:54 PM »
“We saw him on a Friday night against West Coast, probably four or five weeks ago now, and he was corked everywhere," Carey said on Triple M.

“He stayed on the ground, and I thought that might just about be the end of him, because he was really, really struggling then.

“He’s fought his way back in and full credit to him, because he could have easily said, no, this is too hard and turned it up.

“But he hasn’t, so well done.”

“The last couple of years with injuries and stuff have been a bit tough, and my form hasn’t been great,” Hampson said on ABC Grandstand.

“But I’ve been pretty consistent this year, so I’m just in a really good head space at the moment.”

Full article: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2016-05-23/hammer-hits-back

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #1668 on: May 23, 2016, 08:06:58 PM »
He's in good headspace. Lol.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1669 on: May 23, 2016, 08:25:02 PM »
Can we make him captain

Jackstar 1960

« Reply #1670 on: May 23, 2016, 08:31:31 PM »
Can we make him captain

Great idea
Supporters vote
He will get voted in I reckon
😉

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1671 on: May 23, 2016, 09:09:08 PM »
Hammer definitely looked the part on the weekend . I've never seen take 3 marks in a match before .

I dont think think there's any chance the old warhorse Maric can resurrect his career. He's finished.

So you didn't see the first game in 2012 v Carlton where Hampson took 4 marks and kicked 3 goals against us??

Who was he playing on, Trent knobel?

Hamspud has been less crap yet wouldn't be the 3rd string ruckman in a top 4 side.

He was playing on BBBG. Hence why I'm adamant he never goes to the back line again.

The dude will get an extension but that speaks more about our list management and awful ruck division than the skill of this nuffer

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1672 on: May 26, 2016, 09:10:13 PM »
It has taken Hampson’s 10th year in the system to finally flourish, the 201cm ruckman no Dean Cox but just a dogged tap ruckman who has seized his chance.

“He was terrific last week. I think he probably played his best game for the club (against Fremantle),’’ coach Damien Hardwick said yesterday.

“He’s had a terrifically consistent season.

“Ivan, as we know, is a real competitor ... and rucks very rarely get through unscathed, so at some stage we expect to call upon Ivan and we expect him to answer that call. He’s an important player for us.”

SHAUN HAMPSON (RICHMOND)

- Winning 48 per cent of ruck contests and 14 per cent hit-outs-to-advantage.

- This year playing 91 per cent of his games in the ruck, attending 60 ruck contests, up from 73 per cent and 40 last year.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/afl-whipping-boys-are-fighting-back-and-playing-key-roles-for-their-clubs-jon-ralph-writes/news-story/59768413b98cf0442db3268eaa9d5d08

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1673 on: May 26, 2016, 09:43:05 PM »
Unless we recruit a ruckman from another club I can see Hammer getting another year.

I actually see him getting antoher year even if we do recruit wntoher ruckman  :huh3
Of course he will get another year. Surely Ivan will retire. If Ivan stays what odds we do nothing about getting another ruckman yrs end. Last time i looked they were saying we have heaps of ruckmen.
What with Ivan, Hampson, Soldo, Vickery, McBean, Griffiths, Chol, They see numbers they dont see problems or ever acknowledge what type of player each one primarily  is.
Book mark it if ivan does not retire  we will not take another ruckman.

Hampson should be the Orren Stephenson type of backup instead they will treat him as the #1 ruck at the club and sit on their hands which is the norm for the listmanagement crew of this club.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1674 on: May 27, 2016, 12:35:46 AM »
Hampson should be the Orren Stephenson type of backup instead they will treat him as the #1 ruck at the club and sit on their hands which is the norm for the listmanagement crew of this club.

Nah Claw, couple on here think he's a superstar - maybe even the cream we need.

Jackstar 1960

« Reply #1675 on: May 27, 2016, 06:53:53 AM »

We all love Hammer
And so do the players 😉

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1676 on: May 27, 2016, 09:13:01 AM »

Couple of fools just cant seem to give credit where its due either..heads in arse disease.. :snidegrin

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1677 on: May 27, 2016, 10:09:20 AM »

Couple of fools just cant seem to give credit where its due either..heads in arse disease.. :snidegrin
I would agree he has been servicable lately. He still lacks in basic areas but has given a good contest in the ruck. This is probably about as good as it will get.
As usual though some are very quick to hand out the praise after a couple of half decent games when they have a 10 yr history to judge him by.It seems some are blinded by their own desperate need to see players succeed.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1678 on: May 27, 2016, 10:14:10 AM »

I would agree he has been servicable lately. He still lacks in basic areas but has given a good contest in the ruck. This is probably about as good as it will get.
As usual though some are very quick to hand out the praise after a couple of half decent games when they have a 10 yr history to judge him by.It seems some are blinded by their own desperate need to see players succeed.

Same could be said about Morris and Batchelor couldn't it, but they don't cop the same as Hammer do they, in fact many are so blind regarding these players they actually think they are the answer and future... :huh

"Rucks:

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #1679 on: May 27, 2016, 10:31:35 AM »

Same could be said about Morris and Batchelor couldn't it, but they don't cop the same as Hammer do they, in fact many are so blind regarding these players they actually think they are the answer and future... :huh

All 3 cop it

Wake up
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus