Author Topic: Shaun Hampson / Hammertime [merged]  (Read 362770 times)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Hammertime
« Reply #2160 on: July 20, 2016, 09:16:08 AM »
Notice that none of these squirrels ever address this when it is bought up?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Jackstar 1960

« Reply #2161 on: July 20, 2016, 09:21:11 AM »
Actually if you look closely
His tackle count is up
And he does clear the path for the onballers
Amazingly the players love his tap work dominance

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #2162 on: July 20, 2016, 09:47:52 AM »
I think their hands are busy cupping, FOREPAWS!  I meant forepaws
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #2163 on: July 20, 2016, 09:54:30 AM »
His tackle count is up

Wow.  :facepalm

"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2164 on: July 20, 2016, 10:31:40 AM »
His tackle count is up

Is he talking our players or opposition?

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #2165 on: July 20, 2016, 11:25:07 AM »

While I dont think Hammer is any more than a decent back, there aren't many many ruckmen that really get busy when the ball hits the deck at stoppages. Even Goldstein and Big Gawn mostly stand around and wait for a handball or maybe lay a half assed block to protect their mids.

I reckon taking marks and linking up around the ground is his biggest issue, but he is improving in this regard (slightly).

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #2166 on: July 20, 2016, 12:25:17 PM »

While I dont think Hammer is any more than a decent back, there aren't many many ruckmen that really get busy when the ball hits the deck at stoppages. Even Goldstein and Big Gawn mostly stand around and wait for a handball or maybe lay a half assed block to protect their mids.

I reckon taking marks and linking up around the ground is his biggest issue, but he is improving in this regard (slightly).

Lol yeah nic mac doesn't get it much true. Him and Hampson very similar really
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #2167 on: July 20, 2016, 01:09:53 PM »

"lol" - ??

Yes, "Nic Mac" is one who does. I said there aren't many. Who else?

I stand by my point. Hampson's problem is taking marks and presenting around the ground. Few ruckman do much in ground ball/clearance situations, including some of the best rucks in the league.

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2168 on: July 20, 2016, 01:19:35 PM »

"lol" - ??

I stand by my point. Hampson's problem is taking marks and presenting around the ground. Few ruckman do much in ground ball/clearance situations, including some of the best rucks in the league.

Since his two work is so good is it possible that he could actually tap it to our players

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #2169 on: July 20, 2016, 01:24:25 PM »
His tackle count is up

He thinks he's in with the club, more than he actually is.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #2170 on: July 20, 2016, 01:28:40 PM »
His tackle count is up

Is he talking our players or opposition?

Who knows. Its all the same when you have pre-conceived ideas about a bloke.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #2171 on: July 20, 2016, 01:30:11 PM »

"lol" - ??

Since his two work is so good is it possible that he could actually tap it to our players

He does tap it to the opposition a bit, but on balance I think his tap work is pretty good.

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2172 on: July 20, 2016, 01:50:06 PM »

"lol" - ??

He does tap it to the opposition a bit, but on balance I think his tap work is pretty good.

The Bomp and the Essendon mids certainly appreciated his work

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2173 on: July 20, 2016, 04:42:02 PM »

Maric was pretty good at it, Disgree on Gawn, he luvs throwing his weight around. Nic nat becomes a midfielder once the contest is over. the sudanese dude from nought seems to enjoy trying to inflict pain once the ball hits the deck.
Positioning yourself for a handball if you cant direcly influence the contest is fine too. even a hafl arsed block from a big bloke can buy enough time to dispose of the ball.

Hammer is too busy holding his hips together, or feigning injury when he gets beaten, to do any of these on a regular basis

andt yes there a few that dont put in the required second efforts, it doesnt make it acceptable though
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #2174 on: July 20, 2016, 07:27:53 PM »

Maric was pretty good at it, Disgree on Gawn, he luvs throwing his weight around. Nic nat becomes a midfielder once the contest is over. the sudanese dude from nought seems to enjoy trying to inflict pain once the ball hits the deck.
Positioning yourself for a handball if you cant direcly influence the contest is fine too. even a hafl arsed block from a big bloke can buy enough time to dispose of the ball.

Hammer is too busy holding his hips together, or feigning injury when he gets beaten, to do any of these on a regular basis

andt yes there a few that dont put in the required second efforts, it doesnt make it acceptable though

Fair points. Although I think you overstate the output of the rucks you mentioned. Trengrove, the fill in ruck from Port, is probably one who competes well when the ball hits the deck. He struggles in hit outs though.

I think we can all agree that we need to replace Hampson. I just don't think he's as bad as people make out.