Author Topic: Luke McGuane signals intention to go to Lions (afl site)  (Read 12960 times)

Offline DCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Belle, Richmond PR manager
Re: Luke McGuane signals intention to go to Lions (afl site)
« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2013, 07:16:30 PM »
Isn't it interesting that the day after we announce a female president, McGuane walks out of the club. Misogynist!

Retire 16  :clapping
:lol

tony_montana

« Reply #46 on: October 04, 2013, 07:21:47 PM »
White and McGuane gone, I reckon claw is doing cartwheels

Offline Golfprotiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Risking Head and Shin
« Reply #47 on: October 04, 2013, 07:33:18 PM »
 :clapping

Thanks Lukey, for the memories!!!!!
Tommy Hafey - "There's nothing more tiger-ish than a bloody tiger, a wounded tiger''

dwaino

« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2013, 07:35:29 PM »
White and McGuane gone, I reckon claw is doing cartwheels

Once he licks the Cheezels off his fingers and manages to type in his password I'm sure we'll hear all about it.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2013, 07:52:58 PM »
 :lol
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #50 on: October 04, 2013, 08:40:37 PM »
Ill actually miss him. He provided good depth and great forward 50 pressure, he could also take a ripper mark and kick goals as well. Never really played 4 quarters, but good depth.

Liked his work as a forward much better than as a defender.

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #51 on: October 04, 2013, 08:47:22 PM »
Ill actually miss him. He provided good depth and great forward 50 pressure, he could also take a ripper mark and kick goals as well. Never really played 4 quarters, but good depth.

Was also a good bloke, and always happy to take photos with the kids even when they were going bezerk  :lol hope he does well at the lions
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #52 on: October 04, 2013, 08:49:44 PM »
Free agency.

The end of the game as we knew it.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #53 on: October 04, 2013, 09:06:43 PM »
Is it just me or 'how the f?!k can we be close to to a full salary cap?'
We have one genuine A grader in Cotch. Genuine A graders being Ablett, Buddy, Swan, Mitchell and the like.
We have about 3 B graders and the rest are just young or not that good.

Lids- been pretty good but I wouldn't put him in A grade class. To easily tagged out of games and his finish in our  B&F would say the same.

Jack- if you hadn't seen him play that year he kicked 70 odd and won the Coleman, you would say he is a C grader. Last few years have been ordinary.

Dusty- improving every year but still only a B grader at present. Needs to be more consistent for longer in games.

So how in the hell are other sides with much better lists affording to entice good players from other clubs?

Are we that badly run??

Or are we to bloody arrogant to realize we are a fair way off??

How does a team like Sydney with all their stars pick up Tippitt and Buddy in consecutive years. I know they have extra salary cap space but not that much!

With the likes of Whitey and McGuane leaving surely we can afford young Adams from GWS?? Or somebody that might push us up that little bit higher.

You can shove Hampson and any other dud like that up your bum, we don't need anymore list cloggers. We need more 'best 22' players. That's the only way we are going to improve our ladder position.

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #54 on: October 04, 2013, 09:25:42 PM »
Free agency.

The end of the game as we knew it.

What's the quote from the Last boy scout?
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #55 on: October 04, 2013, 09:31:36 PM »

To be fair when he was a defender the ball came down at a 100 miles an hour 200 times a game and he was our best or second best defender for a year or two under Wallace.  In a poor team, with a poor midfield, a poor defense and a poor coaching panel he was one of the better performers.  He was/is pretty popular around the club too.  I don't ever think he had the muscle to be a good defender but he did OK.

I hope he does well at brissie and gets a couple more years at least.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #56 on: October 04, 2013, 09:33:44 PM »
Paying too many c graders money they don't deserve

As I have said you want quality you have to pay a premium

My thoughts are if you can afford to pay Grigg 350K then Adams is worth 400k

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Rampstar

« Reply #57 on: October 04, 2013, 09:46:40 PM »
Paying too many c graders money they don't deserve

As I have said you want quality you have to pay a premium

My thoughts are if you can afford to pay Grigg 350K then Adams is worth 400k

if its true that grigg is on 350k its a disgrace. shouldnt be getting any more than 200k lets say 250k and thats a stretch.

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #58 on: October 04, 2013, 09:56:57 PM »
Is it just me or 'how the f?!k can we be close to to a full salary cap?'
We have one genuine A grader in Cotch. Genuine A graders being Ablett, Buddy, Swan, Mitchell and the like.
We have about 3 B graders and the rest are just young or not that good.

Lids- been pretty good but I wouldn't put him in A grade class. To easily tagged out of games and his finish in our  B&F would say the same.

Jack- if you hadn't seen him play that year he kicked 70 odd and won the Coleman, you would say he is a C grader. Last few years have been ordinary.

Dusty- improving every year but still only a B grader at present. Needs to be more consistent for longer in games.

So how in the hell are other sides with much better lists affording to entice good players from other clubs?

Are we that badly run??

Or are we to bloody arrogant to realize we are a fair way off??

How does a team like Sydney with all their stars pick up Tippitt and Buddy in consecutive years. I know they have extra salary cap space but not that much!

With the likes of Whitey and McGuane leaving surely we can afford young Adams from GWS?? Or somebody that might push us up that little bit higher.

You can shove Hampson and any other dud like that up your bum, we don't need anymore list cloggers. We need more 'best 22' players. That's the only way we are going to improve our ladder position.

Big Tone,
The salery cap is an interesting one in that even though there is a maximum amount payable (9.1million) there is a minimum amount you have to pay (8.6million) or 95% of the cap. So regardless of who you have on your list someone has to be getting the cash.
There were rumors going around for years that McGuane was on 500k a year and this was probably true at the time because regardless who was at the club at the time the minimum of 8.6million had to go somewhere!
This is why the extra million dollars a year to Sydney is a massive advantage to them. They have had bigger names retire or leave  in the last few seasons that would free up some cash but for them to be able to afford both Tippett and Franklin back to back shows exactly how unfair the advantage to them is.
We may well have free'd up around 1 million dollars with Tuck, White and McGuane moving on which sounds great but if we were to bring in 5 new kids that will take up around $750K for those new guys alone! I know there will be another couple to go yet but it doesn't leave much in the kitty to pay big bucks to lure a big name across. The reality of it is the Salary cap floor sux ass, clubs should be able to play players what hey think there worth and not pay half the side overs just because we have to.

tony_montana

« Reply #59 on: October 04, 2013, 10:01:53 PM »
Yep thank the PA for teams like Melbourne having to pay 95% of the salary cap