Author Topic: I can feell a mutiny coming on  (Read 15472 times)

Ox

Re: I can feell a mutiny coming on
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2004, 01:08:26 PM »
I see your ponit there WP and agree however @least this guy
has continued o put a rocket uo ceratin back sides.

It may all blow over in a week,who knows.

LMAOOO@Not having any particular agenda and waiting 4 people "out there"
to join in.

LMAO@Typical Richmond planning
Out of the pan into the fire.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2004, 03:09:53 PM »
I agree WP. Not questioning this guy's passion for the Tiges but it sounds like he woke up yesterday and in an act of frustration (which mind you we all can understand) said I'm going to start a petition. WP's analogy said it perfectly. IMO he's put the cart before the horse and just makes everyone think same old same old down at Tigerland - a disorganised rabble on and off the field. We need clear thinkers leading our Club. There has been enough people over the last 20 years at Richmond who have made decisions on a whim and hence lead to poor rushed  and short-sighted decisions. We need a united group to firstly come out and present and outline their alternative plans for the Club to members and supporters. Then they'll be in the best position to make changes with the full understanding and support of us members. I won't be signing or voting for anyone until I see an organizsed alternative group with a detailed explanation of what they plan to do for the Club.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Puntroadroar

• Premiership Captain
  • Our Very own Top Gun
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2004, 03:54:50 PM »
well said WP,

its typical really, lets get together a last minute ticket to challenge the board.

I can see long sustained success out of this weak effort.  ::)
There's no I in team, but there is 5 i's in Individual Brilliance.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Tiger chiefs slam talk of Punt Rd petition
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2004, 02:16:30 AM »
Tiger chiefs slam talk of Punt Rd petition
13 June 2004   
Sunday Herald Sun
Scot Palmer

RICHMOND officials are hoping there is no support at the MCG today for a petition calling for a mid-season extraordinary meeting at Punt Rd.

On the eve of the club's crucial game against Fremantle, Tiger chiefs stressed that a no-confidence motion would be "totally disruptive" to the team and upset plans already in place for major changes within the club.

Football director Greg Miller said: "This is not the right process . . . if they want to get through this type of process, the end of the season is the right time, not now."

The call by member Michael Pahoff for a petition with 100 signatures that would necessitate an emergency meeting within 21 days would cost between $40,000 and $50,000, according to Richmond officials. This would add to the club's already precarious financial position.

President Clinton Casey, a target for the petition along with his board, disclosed yesterday the appointment of a new CEO would be a week away, the review of the future coaching requirements was also under way and the club was negotiating with its major sponsors over other issues.

Casey said Richmond had proposed a joint campaign between major sponsors Motorola and the TAC over the problem of motorists using mobile phones while driving.

This comes in the wake of player Ty Zantuck being caught by police using his mobile while driving.

Casey said while things might not seem to be happening at the club, major advances were being made.

"When we get them into place who is going to pull them all together?" he said.

Miller said he did not know the background of Pahoff, his plans or how he was going to achieve them.

He said under these circumstances he did not believe Richmond supporters would be party to any petition.

Miller said he did not know whether any other people might be behind the move to force the meeting, but did not believe the timing was right for any such action.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,9826919%255E19771,00.html

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2004, 11:55:35 AM »
I know people will laugh at the figure that is quoted regarding the cost involved in this process but I can say that $40-50,000 is about right.

People have to remember that any form of election has to be run by independant people (in this case the Club's auditors) and it this comes at a cost. I question wheter this is money that we can afford to spend.

Do I think they will get their 100 signatures? Unfortunately yes and at what cost to our Club? Far too much IMHO >:(

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2004, 10:27:24 PM »
Did the guy get the 100 signatures? I read on BF that he had 60 to half time. Unfortunately the anger towards today's loss will get him to and over 100.

Just curious why it's only 100 members required? Is that an original rule in the RFC constitution which was introduced when membership numbers were nowhere near the levels they are today? 100 out of 27,000 is approximately 0.4%. Geez glad a tiny minority can have such a large say in OUR Club's future. Isn't that how we got into this mess in the first place!  ::).
« Last Edit: June 13, 2004, 10:28:58 PM by mightytiges »

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Rebels blameless: Frawley
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2004, 01:36:56 AM »
Rebels blameless: Frawley
By Peter Ker
realfooty.theage.com.au
June 14, 2004

Richmond coach Danny Frawley refused to blame the club's off-field dramas yesterday for his side's latest poor performance, as the Tigers succumbed to a sloppy Fremantle by 10 points at the MCG.

As a group of rebel supporters gathered signatures outside the MCG for a petition seeking to overthrow the Richmond board, the Tigers suffered their third consecutive fade-out, allowing the Dockers back into a match that looked beyond them when they trailed by 38 points in the second quarter.

After the match, Frawley tried to put a positive spin on the loss, and tried to ignore the continuing off-field troubles.

"For two-and-a-half quarters it was the best footy we've played for probably six weeks, I would've thought," he said. "They got a big tick for two-and-a-half quarters, but today we were unable to seal the deal."

Frawley rejected suggestions that his side lacked fitness, despite managing only three goals after half-time.

Last week Richmond led the Kangaroos at half-time before losing by 74 points, and was level with West Coast at half-time in round 10 before losing by 37 points at Subiaco.

"A lot of it is about belief and I thought just before half-time . . . those two goals that Fremantle kicked just before half-time may just have given them a smidgin of belief and probably just sowed a couple of seeds of doubt into our boys," he said.

Frawley said his players would not let the continuing board dramas and supporter petitions affect their football.

"There's been a thousand distractions. That doesn't worry us, that's out of our control, out of my control and out of the players' control so we'll just try to focus on Carlton and getting the boys up for what's going to be a big game for both clubs," he said.

The rebel group of supporters, led by disgruntled member Michael Pahoff, collected just over 60 members' signatures at yesterday's match, still well short of the 100 they need to force an extraordinary general meeting and a motion of no-confidence in president Clinton Casey and his board.

Pahoff said he was not disenchanted by failing to reach the 100-signature mark yesterday.

"I didn't have any expectations," he said. "We are on our way... we keep on going until July 26, that will be the last day we try."

The group's attempts to gain signatures was not helped by the disappointing crowd of 18,666.

Pahoff said his group hoped to have the meeting held in August and a new board elected in September.

Earlier, Casey said an election could cost the club as much as $60,000. "At this point in time we can't afford to be throwing away $60,000," he said. "People have the right to do what they want to do and they will go about their business, but I just wish they would channel that.

"Our message to any of the critics or to anyone who genuinely wants to help is nominate for a position, stand up and volunteer your time, bring us a sponsor, brings us 1000 members, do something to advance this football club."

Pahoff said in the context of such massive financial losses, an extra $60,000 to fix the club was worthwhile.

Meanwhile Casey said the club was close to finding a chief executive, with an appointment from the remaining three candidates expected later this week.

He told Radio 3AW that he was also hopeful a new contract with the TAC would be presented at a board meeting next week and that a panel reviewing the coaching position would put a recommendation to the board later this year.

http://www.realfooty.theage.com.au/realfooty/articles/2004/06/13/1087065031334.html
« Last Edit: June 14, 2004, 02:05:06 AM by mightytiges »

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2004, 02:05:45 AM »
Pahoff said he was not disenchanted by failing to reach the 100-signature mark yesterday.

"I didn't have any expectations," he said.

For crying out loud they didn't have any expectations. Geez this petition idea was well thought through  ::). Let's sack everyone and cost the club a further 50 grand then leave it to "others out there" to do the rest!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Casey swipe at petition
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2004, 02:11:25 AM »
Casey swipe at petition
14 June 2004   Herald Sun
Mark Stevens

REBEL Richmond member Michael Pahoff yesterday made significant ground in his bid to overturn what he calls the club's "dictatorship".

Pahoff gathered about 60 signatures on an official petition at the MCG as the man in his sights – president Clinton Casey – returned fire.

With a goal of having the minimum requirement of 100 signatures before July 25 now within reach, Pahoff is on track to call an emergency general meeting for August 17.

The 44-year-old IT manager plans to pass a vote of no confidence in the current board, elect provisional board members and open nominations for a new off-field team.

Under Pahoff's timetable, election day for the new board would be September 15.

Despite being confronted by several fans wanting any upheaval delayed until after the season, Pahoff said his plans were met with widespread support.

"The general feeling I got was that everybody would be more than happy to see Clinton Casey go very, very quickly," Pahoff said.

"I had board members and coterie members come up and were very supportive in their message."

But Casey said the $60,000 the process would cost is an irresponsible waste of money given the club's current plight.

Casey went as far saying Pahoff and his supporters may be forced to put up the cash themselves.

"I'll look at the constitution. They might have to pay for the EGM so I hope they've got 60 grand as well. I think his timing is well off and we'll deal with that during the week. There is a time and place for an election . . . and it's not the right time at the moment to be upsetting the team, the coach, the balance of the club.

"I wish they would channel (their dissatisfaction) into helping the club.

"In tough times people often show their true colours – some people will stand back and just criticise, some people will do nothing and hope someone else gets the job done.

"This is not a time for criticism nor a time to self-destruct. Our message to all the critics and those that genuinely want to help is nominate for a position, stand up and donate some of your time – bring us a sponsor, bring us 1000 members, do something to help this club."

Pahoff, in the stands for the Tigers' past four premierships, handed out flyers denying "big-noting" himself.

"The history of Richmond Football Club over the last few years is about one ticket trying to force another ticket out of office – it has led to disunity within the club which has reflected itself on the field," Pahoff said.

THE Tigers' hunt for a chief executive to replace the recently departed Ian Campbell is down to three. An announcement is likely this week.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,9835732%255E19742,00.html

froars

« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2004, 02:22:19 AM »
I went and said hello to Michael today and I'm still not really sure what he's on about.

But i do congratulate him for being so passionate about his club to care this much and put himself on the line like this.

I'm not supportive of him in any way at this moment in time tho.  But screw Casey for not appreciating the reason ppl like Michael have to go to such lengths - because they're damned worried about the future of this club.

Hope it doesn't come all crashing down around him and he creates a bigger monster for the club.  And I hope he's not out of pocket for doing something on all our behalves -whether we agree with him or not.

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2004, 02:53:01 AM »
Casey and co. must be kicked out before the coaching decision is made.  This decision must be made by the board that will take us into the future......and only them.  Michael has done the right thing by shaking the tree.  This will cause a domino effect and the alternate ticket and others interested will put their hand up.  The new board must be elected before September when the coach, coaching panel, recruiting manager and others are to be selected.  The sooner the ball gets rolling the better.  I advise people to sign the petition because the sooner this is organised the better.  We can't let a repeat of the Carlton situation occur - where Elliot signed Pagan on a ridiculous contract.
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Tiger topple plan gathers momentum
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2004, 01:59:55 AM »

15 June 2004   
Herald Sun
Damian Barrett

THE many people working to overthrow Richmond's board have accelerated their plans after the collection of disgruntled members' signatures at the weekend.

Tigers member Michael Pahoff acted independently in launching his no-confidence petition, but behind-the-scenes powerbrokers intend to benefit from it.

It is understood at least two groups are formulating plans to remove Clinton Casey as president. Board members Rob Turner and Gary March have been mooted as potential rivals, while former director Charles Macek is also moving to declare takeover interests.

March denied he would be seeking to head the board.

"I will be living in Europe for three months and so I have no chance of even contemplating it," said March, whose business commitments with Concept Sports take in the merchandise rights to the Athens Olympics and Euro 2004.

March has close contacts with former Richmond president Leon Daphne.

Daphne is not seeking reinstatement as a club director, but is willing to advise outsiders and Casey on what action needs to be taken to help the financially stricken club.

Daphne would not comment when contacted late last week.

Pahoff said he was not acting for others when he collected 60 of the 100 members' signatures required to schedule an extraordinary general meeting.

"But it is pretty obvious at this stage that other things are going on with another group," he said last night.

Pahoff said he would collect the remaining signatures at Telstra Dome before the match against Carlton on Saturday.

Ex-Tigers director Brendan Schwab is working behind the scenes with many of his contacts, but it is understood he does not covet the presidency.

He is believed to be in negotiation with Macek and may be in a position to outline to members his plans for the club as soon as next month.

Richmond may lose up to $2.5 million this season, following a loss of $882,000 in 2003.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,9846366%255E19771,00.html

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2004, 01:09:52 PM »

"I didn't have any expectations," he said.

For crying out loud they didn't have any expectations. Geez this petition idea was well thought through  ::). Let's sack everyone and cost the club a further 50 grand then leave it to "others out there" to do the rest!

Good on the guy for getting out there and doing something, but as you say MT, think about it a bit more thoroughly, otherwise what good can it possibly do?  Well and good if there’s a ticket out there ready to go, but what if there isn’t?  Even if there is, there’s a time and a place for these things to happen.
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Tiger rebel to push on
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2004, 12:51:06 AM »
Tiger rebel to push on
By Jake Niall
realfooty.theage.com.au
June 16, 2004

Rebel Richmond member Michael Pahoff has vowed to press ahead with plans to oust the current Clinton Casey-led board by September, regardless of what happens at a planned meeting with the Tigers' president this afternoon.

Pahoff, who has circulated a petition seeking a spill of the board and the resignation of Casey, has been summoned to a meeting with Casey at 5.30pm.

Pahoff said he was prepared for the prospect that Casey would seek to delay the petition and the calling of an extraordinary general meeting for members, but said he would not be deterred.

"I would not be happy with that request for me to defer the petition," he said.

Pahoff said it was important the board was spilled and a new board elected before the end of the season, so that important administrative and football decisions could be made properly by the new regime. He said should the status quo remain until December or January - when Richmond holds its annual meeting - there was no prospect for change until 2006. "The new board won't be able to change anything until 2006."

Pahoff said his cause had been backed by David Clayton, who nominated to stand as a board candidate last year, and former long-serving board member Michael Michaelson.

"They want to see change and they believe there has to be change by the end of September," he said.

Pahoff said he had spoken to current board members and coterie members and had a clearer understanding of "what's going on inside the Richmond Football Club".

He said he had collected about 60 signatures for his petition at the Tigers game against Fremantle last Sunday and he would collect more before the match against Carlton at Telstra Dome on Saturday night. He needs at least 100 signatures to force an extraordinary general meeting under the Richmond constitution.

He said he was circulating the petition in order to test the level of opinion against Casey and his board. It was a case of "putting my foot in to see how warm the water is", he said. "The water is, in fact, very hot."

http://www.realfooty.theage.com.au/realfooty/articles/2004/06/15/1087244920270.html?oneclick=true

froars

« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2004, 05:30:55 AM »
I saw Claude Ullin (former board member) lurking around the Social Club after the game - haven't seen him for ages.  Must be the smell of a fresh stoush getting them all rallying.

I think David Clayton should grab that clipboard off Michael and do it himself if he supports him.  Michael doesn't seem to have a clue what he wants - asking for help off PRE members of what he should say to Casey when they meet up.  I thought he was setting the agenda.