Author Topic: I can feell a mutiny coming on  (Read 15652 times)

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
Re: I can feell a mutiny coming on
« Reply #45 on: June 16, 2004, 04:33:59 PM »
But Mighty, what do we do if at the end of the day the alternate ticket that we are all patiently waiting for ends up being made up of mostly ex-board members.  There is no secret that a ticket is being formed and you can bet your bottom dollar that it will be made up of disgruntled former board members.  Wouldn't it be a better alternative to spill all board positions asap and invite candidates to apply, thus allowing the members enough time to analyse each application and make the decision on who they want. 

If no-one credible applies, which I doubt would happen, then we have no alternative than to re-elect those who have failed us in the past.  Not much different to leaving it as is really.
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #46 on: June 16, 2004, 06:34:59 PM »
But Mighty, what do we do if at the end of the day the alternate ticket that we are all patiently waiting for ends up being made up of mostly ex-board members. There is no secret that a ticket is being formed and you can bet your bottom dollar that it will be made up of disgruntled former board members.  Wouldn't it be a better alternative to spill all board positions asap and invite candidates to apply, thus allowing the members enough time to analyse each application and make the decision on who they want. 

If no-one credible applies, which I doubt would happen, then we have no alternative than to re-elect those who have failed us in the past.  Not much different to leaving it as is really.

But why fly blind Harry on the back of this petition?

Forcing a spill of the current regime and subsequently a $50,000 election before any alternative candidates have publicly put their hand up is just plain ridiculous IMO. It's putting the cart before the horse and it just shows what a rabble of a Club we are and makes us a further laughing stock. No other electoral system works that way.

I agree Harry I too have no doubt that a ticket is being formed behind the scenes and no doubt it will consist of disgruntled ex-board members - Macek, Schwab, etc. That's what worries me. At the moment we have alot of huffing and puffing about what's bleedingly obviously wrong with the Club and the need for change but no one or group has stepped forward publicly saying they will do something about it and challenge. If they believe the board must go as soon as possible as Michael does where are they? Why do they need to wait in the background and wait for this petition to spill all board positions before going public. Why don't they come forward, detail their future plans for the RFC and then organize a petition? That still gives plenty of time for us members to analyse. What's there to hide? Their past incompetence in regards to our football department? Do they hope to ride into power on the back of a Casey backlash without any scrutiny and set their own agenda after the election? Isn't that how RFC has operated the past 20 or so years. We want change so urgently that nobody askes what the alternative plan is. Many questions but as usual we as members are kept in the dark as to the answers.

If we do end up with ex-board members then cry as we will continue to see more dud coaches, more dud recruting and more overrated and overpaid players on long-term contracts. The whole Club needs a compete overhaul from top to bottom not a rehash job from those who couldn't deliver previously.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2004, 06:38:37 PM by mightytiges »
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #47 on: June 16, 2004, 08:49:35 PM »
I hear you mighty mouse.

I seriously beleive Michaels intentions are to flush everyting to the surface.  He has been contacted and given advice by people that oppose the current administration (possibly interested in making a challenge) and he has today spoken to Casey and others within the club.  Assuming he gets his 100 signatures, he will not call an EGM unless he has assurance that there are enough credible people to make a challenge and that it is in the best interests of the club.  He will not call an EGM just for the sake of it and he's not interested in his 5 minutes of fame.  One of his concern is that if people are going to challenge, they better hurry up because things need to get in order before vital positions are filled. 

Ox

« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2004, 08:59:25 PM »
I'd just like to thank our European correspondent Harry Hedgehogg
for keeping us up to date with the goings on in the tiny village of Lupo,south Italy
and bringing us all the latest breaking news on the petition man.

LMAOO@Harry Tikanis being our direct link with the petition man.

LMAOOOO@How Michael looks like a huge stoner. :D

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #49 on: June 16, 2004, 11:01:33 PM »
He has been contacted and given advice by people that oppose the current administration (possibly interested in making a challenge) and he has today spoken to Casey and others within the club.

Assuming he gets his 100 signatures, he will not call an EGM unless he has assurance that there are enough credible people to make a challenge and that it is in the best interests of the club. 

I'm not questioning Michael's good intentions Harry but who gives him or any person or small group for that matter the right to judge who is and isn't a credible candidate and to judge what's in the best interests of the club  ???. That's why this petition is flawed. If the candidates made the running first then decided on the petition route then you wouldn't have this dilemma. All 27,000 members would decide what is in the best interests of the club.

Whatever happens that 100 signatures condition must be changed. It is a farce that such a small number of members (0.4%) can force the Club to have a EGM at a cost of $50,000. IMO the constitution needs to be changed so it's set to around 10% of the total membership at least.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Michael Pahoff may back down?
« Reply #50 on: June 16, 2004, 11:57:14 PM »
Michael was interviewed by Channel 10 after the meeting he had with Casey. Greg Miller was also present. The media gave the impression before the interview that he will back down but he actually said he would go home to sleep on it. Casey was also interviewed and said he (Michael) will go home tonight with a much better understanding of the Club than when he arrived for the meeting.

Michael was also just on SEN. He was ask if he had anything to do with a Brendan Schwab push to topple the board. After umming and ahing he then replied no. He was then asked if he had anything to do with Brendan Schwab. He answered by saying Schwab had nothing to do with the petition. Was also asked if he would take up a position on the board with Casey as he was a passionate tiger member. He basically said there would be better people available.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2004, 11:59:08 PM by mightytiges »

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #51 on: June 17, 2004, 12:42:42 AM »
From article: Tigers in talks over CEO
By Caroline Wilson, Peter Ker
realfooty.theage.com.au
June 17, 2004

Rebel Richmond member Michael Pahoff emerged from a meeting with Casey last night seemingly less forthright about his push to spill the board at an extraordinary general meeting.

Pahoff, who has gathered more than half of the 100 member signatures he needs to force a meeting, went into yesterday's meeting at Punt Road Oval vowing that nothing could persuade him to abandon the petition.

But at the end of last night's meeting with Casey and Richmond football director Greg Miller, Pahoff said he would go home and consider his position.

"We've had quite a lengthy and interesting conversation, I've asked a number of questions, I've had an enormous amount of information, I do need time to take that information home, to go through it and to decipher it and to make an assessment on it," he said.

The meeting lasted about 45 minutes, and Pahoff described the mood as "amicable".

Pahoff was followed out of Punt Road minutes later by Casey, who described the meeting as "fruitful".

"He now understands it better than he did before he arrived," Casey said.

"Often the supporters don't get an opportunity to fully understand some of the issues we're facing and once they do get it explained to them, often they can have a very different view."

While neither party appeared to know whether Pahoff would push ahead with the petition, Casey said he expected to hear back from the disgruntled member in coming days.

"We've been able to talk through some of those issues, he is going to go away, have a bit of a think about it and hopefully we can resolve it without any issues," he said. "He is obviously a very passionate Richmond supporter and we sent him away with a few things to have a think about and we'll have a chat in the next couple of days."

Pahoff began collecting signatures outside the MCG before Sunday's match against Fremantle, and finished the day with about 60 signatures.

Earlier this week he said he hoped a new president and board could be elected before important tasks, such as the review of the playing list, were carried out post-season.

http://www.realfooty.theage.com.au/realfooty/articles/2004/06/16/1087244977107.html

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Tiger boss fears rebel challenge will harm club
« Reply #52 on: June 18, 2004, 01:08:15 AM »
Tiger boss fears rebel challenge will harm club
18 June 2004   
Herald Sun
Mark Stevens

RICHMOND president Clinton Casey last night warned any boardroom upheaval would harm recruiting as rebel member Michael Pahoff declared he would not back down.

Pahoff has confidently declared his petition is the "loaded gun" that will dispose of Casey, but the Tigers' boss has declared he is in the role for the long haul for the good of the club.

Pahoff, who met Casey and Tigers' football director Greg Miller on Wednesday night, said an alternative ticket was preparing to swoop once a vote of no confidence in the board was passed.

"I continue to talk to many people behind the scenes. I am told to continue the petition and collect the required signatures. I will," Pahoff said.

"The alternative ticket is preparing itself. It knows that it must be ready in August-September. They have said that the petition is the loaded gun that they will use on Casey."

With about 60 signatures of members already collected, Pahoff will be at the end of the Bourke St footbridge at Telstra Dome on Saturday night in a bid to get the 100 signatures needed to force an emergency general meeting.

But Casey said Pahoff's actions could only prove destructive for Richmond.

"We don't think the course of action being proposed is best for the football club," Casey said.

"We know that this fellow and his father have a history of this type of behaviour. We think it's highly inappropriate. He's no doubt going to disrupt the season for the entire club – coaches and players included."

Casey said he was in the job for the long-term in the best interests of the club.

"I don't think these actions are in line with those best interests so they'll be met with stout opposition," Casey said.

"If he's got better candidates than the current board then where appropriate we would stand aside in the best interests of the footy club.

"But they have to be credible candidates that can bring some substance to the footy club to help it rebuild for the future."

Pahoff said he had made a pact with gathering forces not to mention names of those ready to challenge. But he did confirm he now had more support to ensure he gets enough signatures.

"There are other parties who are actively working to get the petition signed."

Pahoff said there was no chance of him being swayed to delay action until after the season.

"The more information I learn, the more I realise that if this waits until December-January there may not be a club around," Pahoff said.

Pahoff called for commonsense at Telstra Dome on Saturday night given the potential of his stance to split the fans.

"I hope everyone will be well behaved on Saturday evening. I wouldn't want anybody getting hurt," Pahoff said. "Sometimes a very small percentage of people can be badly behaved. Even though people may take sides one way or another, we need to behave ourselves."

Pahoff said he would not be part of any new board if he achieved his goal.

"I don't think I've got the strength. It has been an exhausting week. I'm starting to feel it now," he said.

"I would like to help the club and contribute, but I feel there are more able and worthy people out there than myself."

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,9876571%255E19742,00.html

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Tiger boss fears rebel challenge will harm club
« Reply #53 on: June 18, 2004, 09:21:46 AM »

"The alternative ticket is preparing itself. It knows that it must be ready in August-September. They have said that the petition is the loaded gun that they will use on Casey."

Pahoff said he had made a pact with gathering forces not to mention names of those ready to challenge. But he did confirm he now had more support to ensure he gets enough signatures.

How professional >:(. Making pacts with people who continue to hide and who are planning a "ticket" - so our choices look like to be one group or another - not multiple choices.

A loaded gun? Give me a break - is the alternative "ticket who remain nameless and faceless" seriously looking to better the Club or do they just have a vendetta against Casey. For example, if I was to nominate - I guarantee you the alternative ticket would be contacting me saying don't do it.

Pahoff called for commonsense at Telstra Dome on Saturday night given the potential of his stance to split the fans.

"I hope everyone will be well behaved on Saturday evening. I wouldn't want anybody getting hurt," Pahoff said. "Sometimes a very small percentage of people can be badly behaved. Even though people may take sides one way or another, we need to behave ourselves."

Commonsense (to borrow a frequesnt phrase from my mate the Ox) LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

And the best one "I don't want anyone to getting hurt" - guess what Mr Pahoff - we are all being hurt in one way other. The media is having a field day, we have a group that wont show themselves but I am supposed to have confidence - I am already hurt and very angry

Pahoff said he would not be part of any new board if he achieved his goal.

"I don't think I've got the strength. It has been an exhausting week. I'm starting to feel it now," he said.

"I would like to help the club and contribute, but I feel there are more able and worthy people out there than myself."

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,9876571%255E19742,00.html

::) :P :o ::) ::) ::) ::) - what the.......................

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Disco

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #54 on: June 18, 2004, 10:06:17 AM »
Why doesnt this Mr Pahoff go back to where he belongs!
When he attended the meeting with Casey and Miller he was asked to keep things confidential and refused and then now he's asking for confidence, that he has a nameless faceless 2nd ticket!
We all know change takes time and any moron obviously Mr Pahoff is less than that can see that things are changing in both admin and the football dept!
Stop destroying our club!

Jackstar

« Reply #55 on: June 18, 2004, 10:25:18 AM »
He is a total fool who belongs at PRE, lol
I laugh at the comment that Miller and Casey ask what website he represents ?
PRE, why bother !
Richmond is the laughing stock of the AFL because of nuff nuffs like him

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #56 on: June 18, 2004, 10:28:47 AM »
Pahoff was interviewed by KB on SEN this morning.  (KB then took calls and of the 5 or 6 that I heard, none supported Pahoff in any way and most thought he was just a trouble maker).

For any of those members who signed because Pahoff was independent of any ticket, well that no longer seems to be the case, because he now seems to be the front man for a ticket that is made up of known Richmond identities.  Some of whom have previously held positions with the Club.  No details were given.

Great, we’re now collecting some of the minds that got us into this mess in the first place and may soon have them lead us out of it now.  :-\  We should wait and see before making up our minds, but I don’t like the under handed way this appears to be taking place.

Pahoff said that the reason he started this petition was, in part, because of the clouded way the previous election was conducted.

Well, what do you call this?  Open and above board? ::)  The platform he stood on last week is different to the one he is standing on now.  Seeing as Pahoff can change his mind, can those members who signed last week also change their minds?  (By the way, I haven’t signed and have no intention of signing).

He is giving himself until 25 July 2004 to get the signatures.  If members are so disgruntled, how can it take a month to get 100 signatures?  If he knew what he was doing, it would take no more than a few hours, you would think.  Either I’m reading too much into things, or something doesn’t make sense here.  :-\

Putting my suspicious hat on, is he just trying to buy time, cause a distraction, what?  How long can it take to get 100 signatures when we have over 27,000 members?

Who needs soap operas and dramas when we have RFC.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2004, 02:45:39 PM by Tiger Spirit »
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

Offline Puntroadroar

• Premiership Captain
  • Our Very own Top Gun
« Reply #57 on: June 18, 2004, 10:54:54 AM »
Pahoff the nuff nuff

i like it.

doesnt want to be seen as a trouble maker? we he is one IMO !!!  >:( he should take his petition and stick it where the sun doesnt shine. He is lucky I'm in perth because if I had the opportunity to see him at the dome this weekend i would throw copious amounts of rotten fruit into his direction, thats fruitful for you !!!

sorry harry, I dont agree with you regarding this vote of no confidence, its not the way it should be done, its sneaky, its underhanded and its plainly obvious the guy doesnt know what he is doing and iits obvious that he has people in his ear telling him what questions he should ask and what he should be doing. why doesnt this so called ticket come forward? gutless thats why, we dont need gutless people at our club.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2004, 10:59:36 AM by Puntroadroar »
There's no I in team, but there is 5 i's in Individual Brilliance.

Jackstar

« Reply #58 on: June 18, 2004, 11:04:02 AM »
I have the answer, new board, new Prez and new footy dept, its easy. For those who have been on the board and gone and want to come back, BAD LUCK !

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #59 on: June 18, 2004, 11:29:43 AM »
Pahoff the nuff nuff

i like it.

doesnt want to be seen as a trouble maker? we he is one IMO !!!  >:( he should take his petition and stick it where the sun doesnt shine. He is lucky I'm in perth because if I had the opportunity to see him at the dome this weekend i would throw copious amounts of rotten fruit into his direction, thats fruitful for you !!!

sorry harry, I dont agree with you regarding this vote of no confidence, its not the way it should be done, its sneaky, its underhanded and its plainly obvious the guy doesnt know what he is doing and iits obvious that he has people in his ear telling him what questions he should ask and what he should be doing. why doesnt this so called ticket come forward? gutless thats why, we dont need gutless people at our club.

So are you happy with the status quo ?

Are you also happy to have one alternative ticket, made up of disgruntled former board members, taking over without the option of others putting their hand up ?

If Michael is doing the dirty work for these former board members who are not big enough to show their face, then I'm not for it.

What I am for is for the members to have their say.  And the vast majority of members have no confidence in Casey and co.  That is fact !!

This vote of no-confidence must be made public !  The current board must be put on notice, and the only way to do it is via a petition.

What I want to happen after the 100 signatures are collected is for other people with new ideas and new values to come to the surface and say they are prepared to take this club forward.  I agree that it shouldn't take a petition to bring these people out, but sometimes such extreme action is required.

This will be the best way to go about it.  However if there isn't enough credentialled people putting their hand up in a public manner, then the EGM should not be called.....simple.  And we are stuck with Casey.

Let me make it clear - I do not want to see Pahoff loading the gun for the ticket members who have had their time in the sun and failed, these same people who obviosly have a vendetta against Casey and are lying low.

Or would you prefer to sit on your hands, not do anything about it and hope for the best.  Well I'm afraid it won't happen that way.  The members have a bigger role to play than you think.  Because if we don't announce our disapproval via a petition and if we don't call an EGM we will be stuck with either Casey and Co. or the alternate ticket made up of former board members who have also stuffed up in the past.  Again it will be taken out of the hands of the members either way.

I'm hoping for a better option.  And as members the more options the better.

PRR - you say its not the way it should be done.  How should it be done ?