Author Topic: I can feell a mutiny coming on  (Read 15796 times)

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
Re: I can feell a mutiny coming on
« Reply #60 on: June 18, 2004, 12:05:12 PM »
IMO this is how it should be done -

(1) A petition is signed by 100 members for a vote of no-confidence.  Even though alot of people will not sign the petition due to the risky and costly nature of an EGM, the majority of supporters do not have confidence in Casey and Co.  This should be made public and formalised via the petition.

(2) Make public all candidates and encourage other candidates to nominate.  The alternative ticket should come out in a public manner and show their hand.  Also any other candidates, whether they are part of a team or individuals should come out and express their interest in running.  Each candidate to put together details of what their plans are and how they can help the club go forward.

(3) Give membrs enough time to examine and analyse all candidates.

(4) This is where it gets tricky - have a members meeting, or some sort of member forum, where members can gather and discuss the credentials of all the candidates.  Then some sort of voting system should be in place for those who attend , in order to vote whether we should go ahead with the EGM.

(5) EGM takes place, or doesn't take place according to members vote.

I agree - the last thing we want is to go blindly into an EGM.  This should be well planned and devised in the way that doesn't adversely affet the club and in a way that members have more of a say.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2004, 12:07:30 PM by Harry Hedgehog »
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #61 on: June 18, 2004, 01:37:56 PM »
Harry the RFC constitution says once you get 100 signatures you have to have a EGM within 21 days of the Secretary receiving the petition. It's not to organize a meeting and decide on whether we have a EGM.

As per Clause  6.4.1 of the Club's Constitution:

Subject to section 248 D of the Act, on a requisition in writing signed by at least one hundred members with their addresses and their membership ticket numbers, being delivered to the Secretary, he shall within twenty-one days from receiving such requisition call an Extraordinary General Meeting of the members of the Club by giving twenty-one days notice of the same by advertisement in the daily press. The requisition must state precisely the objects of such meeting including any resolution to be proposed and such objects shall appear in the advertisement in the same or a more abbreviated form.

Your outline should be in the order of 2,3,4,1,5 with the actual candidates only organizing a petition if Casey and the current board refused to hold an election in September after being challenged.

Michael on SEN today showed he doesn't have a clue what he's doing. As TS said one week he's collecting signatures as an independent; the next he's a puppet for Macek and Schwab who are too gutless to come forward publicly themselves  >:(. He has no policies and provides no solutions himself yet thinks he knows what's best for the RFC. What an clown! Where's the democracy in 0.4% of the members telling the rest of us what to do? I would be embarrassed and ashamed if I could only just scrape across the line of 100 signatures. It's a joke!

I don't see how not signing this petition is showing support for Casey. I've said before that I wouldn't trust Casey, Schwab, Macek or any previous board member of the last 20 years as far as I could throw them. We currently have a board that's non-transparent with members. The alternative ticket (and there only appears to be one) are showing members they are and will be no different. They weren't before anyway when they were on the board. This EGM will be a vote between twiddledee and twiddledum and once again the Club remains a rudderless rabble. Unfortunately the tiny minority who support this petition are blindly relying on idealistic hope rather than real substance.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2004, 01:41:46 PM by mightytiges »
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #62 on: June 18, 2004, 01:39:51 PM »
So are you happy with the status quo ?

Are you also happy to have one alternative ticket, made up of disgruntled former board members, taking over without the option of others putting their hand up ?

If Michael is doing the dirty work for these former board members who are not big enough to show their face, then I'm not for it.

No HarryH I am not happy with the current situation.

But....................

I will not and cannot support a ticket that it is made of former board members who are manouvering behind the scences because as you say it will not give the members (the true owners of the Club I might add) any say. And I have no doubt that any alternative ticket will try to ensure that no other people put there hand up. Call me cynical but it will happen.

If you believe what has been printed in the papers this week (and most times I try not to but the whispers I hear say the names being bandied about are correct) there are a couple of people on this alternative ticket that  are former board members. One (Schwab) walked away from the Club earleir this year and has never publicly told us why? Then there is another (Welsh) who was re-elected in January (remember we had an election in Jan 2004) who resigned on the eve of the season saying he didn't have the time but now it appears he may just have the time again  :-\. These 2 were party to re-signing Danny at the end of 2001, were part of the board that oversaw the finacial losses of the past 2 years but when we apportion blame at the moment it is all Casey's fault - well sorry they have to take responsibility.

Is Michael doing these faceless people's dirty work? It appears so because he keeps telling us that "former board members" have been in contact with him and he comes across as being pleased by this fact and he has said the alternative ticket is ready to go.

All I know our Club is being torn apart yet again with a plan that would appear not to have been fully thought out by Michael. But at the same time appears to me at least, it is being used by people with their own personal agendas that haven't shown that they have the best interests of the Club at heart.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2004, 01:42:28 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #63 on: June 18, 2004, 01:53:37 PM »
Where's the democracy in 0.4% of the members telling the rest of us what to do? I would be embarrassed and ashamed if I could only just scrape across the line of 100 signatures. It's a joke!

If you have read this weeks "On the Prowl" page you will know that I made a comment about not achieving the 100 signatures - there was absolutely no excuse for not getting the signatures on Sunday. The fact that he hasn't got the 100 already speaks volumes IMO.

I honestly believe that Michael has lost all creditability (not that I think he had that much to begin with) with his comments in the media this week. He has "flipped flopped" more than a politician this week.

Ox

« Reply #64 on: June 18, 2004, 02:05:06 PM »
He had a "red hot go" thats for sure and in doing so sent a small message to the club but
i feel as though Casey is laughing at the planning behind the attempted upheaval.

Waht did Case mean when he said Michael and his Father had a reputation for things of this nature ??????

Michael looks lost in the media and at times seems clueless to the real facts of the situation.

I love his heart and passion,that's undeniable,but his true understanding of the matter is slowly being exposed
as the days go by further revealing the fact that no-one really knows what they are talking about.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #65 on: June 18, 2004, 02:17:46 PM »
He had a "red hot go" thats for sure and in doing so sent a small message to the club but
i feel as though Casey is laughing at the planning behind the attempted upheaval.

Waht did Case mean when he said Michael and his Father had a reputation for things of this nature ??????

Michael looks lost in the media and at times seems clueless to the real facts of the situation.

I love his heart and passion,that's undeniable,but his true understanding of the matter is slowly being exposed
as the days go by further revealing the fact that no-one really knows what they are talking about.

Not sure Ox but someone rang up KB this morning when he was asking Tiger members their opinion (which ran 11-1 against) saying the same thing. That he was well known for doing things like this. I personally don't remember him doing anything like this before but I do rememebr seeing his face before but can't figure out where and for what for  :-\.

LOL @ how many "leaders" we have around the Club that we admire for their passion and having a "red hot go" but are in fact deep down duds. Sad but funny when you think about it in a dark humourous way.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #66 on: June 18, 2004, 02:27:50 PM »
If you have read this weeks "On the Prowl" page you will know that I made a comment about not achieving the 100 signatures - there was absolutely no excuse for not getting the signatures on Sunday. The fact that he hasn't got the 100 already speaks volumes IMO.

I honestly believe that Michael has lost all creditability (not that I think he had that much to begin with) with his comments in the media this week. He has "flipped flopped" more than a politician this week.

I agree WP. His name is mud after today. So are the cowards that are using him to push their own agenda  >:(.

Never miss the OTP articles. Always way first and days ahead of the media  :).

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #67 on: June 18, 2004, 02:28:05 PM »
Harry the RFC constitution says once you get 100 signatures you have to have a EGM within 21 days of the Secretary receiving the petition. It's not to organize a meeting and decide on whether we have a EGM.

I'm saying for him NOT to go to the secretary UNTILL all candidates are made public and members are comfortable with their credentials.  Michael has initially indicated that he wouldn't submit the petition untill such has occured......unless he has changed his tune - I don't know.

I've said before that I wouldn't trust Casey, Schwab, Macek or any previous board member of the last 20 years as far as I could throw them. We currently have a board that's non-transparent with members. The alternative ticket (and there only appears to be one) are showing members they are and will be no different. They weren't before anyway when they were on the board. This EGM will be a vote between twiddledee and twiddledum and once again the Club remains a rudderless rabble. Unfortunately the tiny minority who support this petition are blindly relying on idealistic hope rather than real substance.

I also have my doubts about former board members forming a ticket.  We all need other viable options than this.

Interestingly Fatprick on SEN said that richmond members will be "staggered" once the people involved with the ticket become public.

Let's wait and see aye ?

Ox

« Reply #68 on: June 18, 2004, 02:29:18 PM »
LOL @ how many "leaders" we have around the Club that we admire for their passion and having a "red hot go" but are in fact deep down duds. Sad but funny when you think about it in a dark humourous way.

Laffin @ that mate. :o

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #69 on: June 18, 2004, 02:42:36 PM »
So are you happy with the status quo ?

Are you also happy to have one alternative ticket, made up of disgruntled former board members, taking over without the option of others putting their hand up ?

If Michael is doing the dirty work for these former board members who are not big enough to show their face, then I'm not for it.

No HarryH I am not happy with the current situation.

But....................

I will not and cannot support a ticket that it is made of former board members who are manouvering behind the scences because as you say it will not give the members (the true owners of the Club I might add) any say. And I have no doubt that any alternative ticket will try to ensure that no other people put there hand up. Call me cynical but it will happen.

If you believe what has been printed in the papers this week (and most times I try not to but the whispers I hear say the names being bandied about are correct) there are a couple of people on this alternative ticket that  are former board members. One (Schwab) walked away from the Club earleir this year and has never publicly told us why? Then there is another (Welsh) who was re-elected in January (remember we had an election in Jan 2004) who resigned on the eve of the season saying he didn't have the time but now it appears he may just have the time again  :-\. These 2 were party to re-signing Danny at the end of 2001, were part of the board that oversaw the finacial losses of the past 2 years but when we apportion blame at the moment it is all Casey's fault - well sorry they have to take responsibility.

Is Michael doing these faceless people's dirty work? It appears so because he keeps telling us that "former board members" have been in contact with him and he comes across as being pleased by this fact and he has said the alternative ticket is ready to go.

All I know our Club is being torn apart yet again with a plan that would appear not to have been fully thought out by Michael. But at the same time appears to me at least, it is being used by people with their own personal agendas that haven't shown that they have the best interests of the Club at heart.

I agree with what youre saying but what should be done William Wallace ?

You say that youre not happy with the current situation
You say that you will not support a ticket made up with past board members
You also say that the alternate ticket will ensure no-one else put's their hand up.

What's left ?

Do we sit on our hands ?  Do we wait until the alternatives show their face ?  Do we wait for the white knight/s to appear ?

It's a case of youre damned if you do and youre damned if you don't.

As far as Michael is concerned, he has stated that he will not submit the petition to the secretary until everything has come to the surface.  If he sticks to his word then he should be comended and not abused.  If he goes blindly for an EGM then I will be the first to hurl abuse.

So far he has followed the constitution as a member has the right to do.......perhaps some abuse should go to the constitution.

Ox

« Reply #70 on: June 18, 2004, 02:55:11 PM »
I dont think anyone is really abusing Michael Harry Hedgecock!

I have personally stated that i admire his dash fo actually doing something about it.

It would seem the media have sided with the RFC so far.

LMAOOOO@abusing our fore-fathers for penning the constitution

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #71 on: June 18, 2004, 03:07:22 PM »
I'm saying for him NOT to go to the secretary UNTILL all candidates are made public and members are comfortable with their credentials.

Sorry. Gotchya now mate and agree.

Michael has initially indicated that he wouldn't submit the petition untill such has occured......unless he has changed his tune - I don't know.

He said on SEN that if he got the 100 signatures tomorrow night then on July 4 (which is a Sunday strangely enough) he would hand it to the secretary. If he didn't he would continue accepting singatures up until July 25.

I also have my doubts about former board members forming a ticket.  We all need other viable options than this.

I agree Harry and your question asking who else will stand up is an important one. That's what worries me as all I hear is there is only one group controlled by disgruntled ex-board members.

Interestingly Fatprick on SEN said that richmond members will be "staggered" once the people involved with the ticket become public.

He also said when pushed that he didn't know how many there were (more than 1 ::) that's all). Not sure how he can claim to be staggered when he doesn't know who and how many are on the ticket. Blind freddy could tell it'll consist on Macek, Schwab, Welsh and maybe Turner.

Let's wait and see aye ?

Yes but without the stupidity and recklessness of this petition.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2004, 03:11:47 PM by mightytiges »

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #72 on: June 18, 2004, 03:21:01 PM »
I agree with what youre saying but what should be done William Wallace ?

What I want to see H-man is people come out and say what they intend to do rather than them me telling me whats wrong because guess what - we know what's wrong.

I don't want to hear about who's to blame because everyone seems really good at pointing the finger. Michael is a classic case "it's Casey's fault" but I don't have any answers or ideas

I don't want to hear - "I'd love to help but I haven't got the time" because it seems there are a number of people that have plenty of time to be able to spend time telling us they have no time.

I want to hear:

How they are going to increase sponsorship.
How they are going to stop financial losses
How they are going to cut costs.
The process they are going to use to evaluate the footy department
How they intend to be transparent to the members
How they intend to attract a quality experienced coach to the RFC
How they are going to be accountable to me.

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #73 on: June 18, 2004, 04:20:13 PM »
I'd say the alternates will show their head in the upcoming weeks.

Jackstar

« Reply #74 on: June 18, 2004, 05:31:08 PM »
Question I ask is why didnt the board members who left stand up to the directives that were put in place by Casey.?
Now they seek re-election ?
If you ask me, Schwab, Welsh and co had the opportunity to give there voice at board level, thus they choose not to and walked away.
I am all for something happening but I beleive its needs NEW BOARD members ,not people who have had the chance to voice there opinions and thoughts only to be heard as a whisper. ;)
They say they have the club at heart but have they really ?
Do they whant to seek re-election to boost there ego,s ?
Ther is enough egoistist members on the board at present, Casey, Turner and co who have to go.
You need a hard working board.
A person who if he had the time would be Mike Green as he would attract ex- Richmond  people back to the board who have been successful in business Eg Frank Dimmatina etc.