Author Topic: Richmond vs Carlton - Round 1, 2015  (Read 60896 times)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richmond vs Carlton - Round 1, 2015
« Reply #210 on: March 23, 2015, 10:20:51 PM »
We've won the last 2 season openers but lets not allows facts to get in the way here...

people are just nervous about losing to the scum, and getting laughed at by half of lalor as you leave the arena.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #211 on: March 23, 2015, 10:36:23 PM »
We've won the last 2 season openers but lets not allows facts to get in the way here...

You mean the be two narrow victories after squandering big leads that bookended two losses after squandering big leads in a four-match streak against Carlton where we've squandered big leads as Hardwick repeatedly falls for Malthouse's rope-a-dope tactics? But let's not allow facts to stop us from glossing over things...
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #212 on: March 23, 2015, 10:52:30 PM »
Filter the gobblegock, we ve won the last two season openers, period  :wallywink
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #213 on: March 23, 2015, 10:54:45 PM »
YAY! I LOVE MEDIOCRITY BECAUSE I'M A :wallywink

"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #214 on: March 23, 2015, 10:59:52 PM »
Filter the gobblegock, we ve won the last two season openers, period  :wallywink
No they weren't openers
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #215 on: March 23, 2015, 11:03:13 PM »
Really worried about this game,  I know its only the NAB challenge but the scum moved the ball quite efficiently against the Cats. We really need to start the game well,  they have belief they can beat us no matter the team they have on the park so I think for the most part the game will be played between the ears by our guys, hopefully  they are switched on.
Why did we bring the guy in from leading teams again?
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline Stylo

• Future Richmond star
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #216 on: March 24, 2015, 01:33:22 AM »
Really worried about this game,  I know its only the NAB challenge but the scum moved the ball quite efficiently against the Cats. We really need to start the game well,  they have belief they can beat us no matter the team they have on the park so I think for the most part the game will be played between the ears by our guys, hopefully  they are switched on.

I saw about 3 quarters of that game and unless they switched up miraculously in the last, I'd say you must have been watching a different Carlton to me. Their ball movement was some of the worst I've seen this preseason, absolute mess.

We should beat up on them but you never know.

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #217 on: March 25, 2015, 12:48:28 PM »
AFL 2015 season: Who’s a chance to play for your club in Round 1

Jon Anderson
    Herald Sun
    March 24, 2015

Richmond

Todd Elton is still raw but the 197cm defender is a very encouraging work in progress. Midfield rookie Kane Lambert from Williamstown is ready to go at age 23 and has shown a bit in the NAB Challenge. Taylor Hunt, a delisted free agent from Geelong, was recruited at pick No. 49 to provide a run-with or midfield option

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/afl-2015-season-whos-a-chance-to-play-for-your-club-in-round-1/story-fni5f22o-1227276802405

Online Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #218 on: March 25, 2015, 04:15:28 PM »

I saw about 3 quarters of that game and unless they switched up miraculously in the last, I'd say you must have been watching a different Carlton to me. Their ball movement was some of the worst I've seen this preseason, absolute mess.

We should beat up on them but you never know.
To be honest I think from memory it was portions of the last quarter I saw. If we play to our best then yes we should have a good win, if we are off our game then I still think they are a dangerous foe and the minute they feel they have us by the throat they will go in for the kill,  unlike us when in a similar position

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #219 on: March 25, 2015, 04:19:32 PM »
AFL 2015 season: Who’s a chance to play for your club in Round 1

Todd Elton is still raw but the 197cm defender is a very encouraging work in progress. Midfield rookie Kane Lambert from Williamstown is ready to go at age 23 and has shown a bit in the NAB Challenge. Taylor Hunt, a delisted free agent from Geelong, was recruited at pick No. 49 to provide a run-with or midfield option

Top article, no mention of Kamdyn McIntosh and Elton is no chance with Rance, Astbury, Grimes, Chaplin all fit.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #220 on: March 25, 2015, 04:22:43 PM »

I am worried as well. Laim Jones always kicks a bag against us, we never seem to be able to stop Judd, Murphy, Gibbs, Simpson, Carazzo and Yarran. We always have spuds like Duigan, Bell, Tuohy, Lucas and McLean having their best games for the year against us as well.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #221 on: March 26, 2015, 02:05:40 AM »
Carlton defender Andrew Walker is running out of time to be fit to tackle Richmond in next Thursday night’s AFL season opener at the MCG.

But the Blues will regain 2014 best-and-fairest winner Bryce Gibbs from a shoulder injury.

Carlton general manager of football operations Andrew McKay yesterday all but ruled Walker out of the match when he said: “He’s a chance, but he is less likely than likely.”

The Blues are poised to play four new faces against Richmond, including the introductions at the elite level of last year’s West Australian national draft selections Blaine Boekhorst, the 19th overall pick, and Clem Smith, who was taken with the 60th choice.

Former Western Bulldogs forward Liam Jones and ex-Giants defender Kristian Jaksch are almost certain starters first up, while former Bulldog Jason Tutt is in the mix.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/afl/carltons-andrew-walker-faces-battle-to-be-fit-for-season-opener/story-fnca0u4y-1227278693724

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #222 on: March 26, 2015, 02:12:48 AM »

I am worried as well. Laim Jones always kicks a bag against us, we never seem to be able to stop Judd, Murphy, Gibbs, Simpson, Carazzo and Yarran. We always have spuds like Duigan, Bell, Tuohy, Lucas and McLean having their best games for the year against us as well.
You forgot to mention Hamspud.

.....oh poo he plays for us now.  :banghead
The one decent game we get from him is an intraclub game.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #223 on: March 26, 2015, 09:59:39 AM »
SEN saying Gibbs is doubtful, Warnock very doubtful and Walker out.
Also suggesting either Casboult or Jones will play and not both.

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #224 on: March 26, 2015, 01:00:52 PM »
From Dimma's SEN interview:

“I think early days in my coaching career, obviously being a young coach, it’s like if you lost that first game, it was season over,” Hardwick said on SEN.

“For us, it’s all about that (opening) four-week block (v Carlton, Western Bulldogs, Brisbane and Melbourne).

“We look at that four-week block and you might go three and one, hopefully you go four and zip, you might go two and two.

“The season’s so long, it’s all about the management of your players and that longer-term plan.  But understand, we also want to win every game we play and most coaches would be the same.

As much as we feel as if it’s a be-all, end-all, it’s only one game of 22.

“They’re all worth four points, although they seem like they’re worth 16 in that first round.”

Full article: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2015-03-26/hardwick-a-fan-of-the-block