Author Topic: Kelvin Moore  (Read 7568 times)

PuntRdRoar

Re: Kelvin Moore
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2004, 04:35:07 AM »
Kelvin Moore hasnt been pencilled in for full back next season. On the grapevine I can tell you...Greg Miller has pencilled in a name of a full back who is playing at another club. If we finish on the bottom irrespective of what bigger names may be available in the psd...I believe we will target this bloke. Miller has a plan...and the player I will name in the thread will become an important player in the whole strutcure of tigerland...not only now but for the next 7 or 8 years!

Ox

« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2004, 12:02:23 PM »
What player......

What thread..........

What future......................... ;D

Offline Struggletown

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2004, 12:23:27 PM »
Good to see Moore get a go, and hopefully young Foley who impressed me far more than Rodan last week when he was roving wont be far behind either.
Moore isnt tall enough yet for a KKP but has good hands and judgement and l believe he will make the grade.
The clock is ticking for Blumfield though......
Drink,Drugs and Shagging models.
The rest l just wasted.
  George Best on where his millions went

Jackstar

« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2004, 01:17:11 PM »
The player that Miller has pencilled in, is Harris from the Western Bulldogs.  ;)

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2004, 01:27:02 PM »
Moore to debut for Tigers
3 June, 2004
Sportal/Exclusive to richmondfc.com.au

The Tigers have promoted rookie Kelvin Moore to the senior list and added him straight into the line-up for Saturday night's clash against the Kangaroos at Telstra Dome.

Moore, a 188cm and 90kg utility, has been named in the forward pocket.

He's one of three additions to the Tigers line-up along with David Rodan, who's in line to play his 50th game for the club, and Aaron Fiora, who returns after a week out with a hamstring strain.

Ben Marsh, Simon Fletcher and the injured Andrew Kellaway are the players to make way.

The Kangaroos have made four changes, bringing in big men David Hale and Mark Porter, along with forward Leigh Harding and tagger Michael Firrito.

Out of the Kangas' side are John Baird, Ashley Watson, Jess Sinclair and Corey Jones.

Baird, Watson and Michael Stevens are the Kangaroos emergencies.

http://richmondfc.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=153053
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2004, 01:49:06 PM »
Another one will be promoted in a month.

But which one?

And for the next one would need to put someone (IMO Archibald cause I doubt he'll play this year) on the long term injury list?

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Bulluss

« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2004, 10:49:37 PM »
Well done Kelvin on your debut, even though he was beaten on several occasions he showed enough for me to think he has a bit of a future in the yellow and black. As stated previously he does really read the play well and isnt afraid to back himself in and have a crack.

And for a change he looks as though he can actually kick the ball to a target.

Good luck Son.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2004, 01:42:40 AM »
Agree Bulluss, a promising debut by Kel. He did some very nice things, was clean with his disposal and wasn't out of his depth in the big league. Play him in the seniors for the rest of the season.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Tigertailz

• Premiership Captain
  • "here we go again!"
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2004, 09:57:19 PM »
Yeah great info Hedgehog.
I thought he looked ok too.
I havent been able to get to any Coburg games this year.
I think its time to blood some more youth.
Who else can we look too?
How does Raines and Shane Tuck shape uo?

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2004, 11:21:28 AM »
Yeah great info Hedgehog.
I thought he looked ok too.
I havent been able to get to any Coburg games this year.
I think its time to blood some more youth.
Who else can we look too?
How does Raines and Shane Tuck shape uo?

Look out for a kid called Nathan Foley.  On the rookie list at the moment but definately looks the goods.  Reminds me of Steven Milne.  Is definately rover material.  great hands, reads the play really well and knows how to rove packs.  This kid will/should be on our list in near future.  If he isn't then there is something definately wrong.

Raines is improving with every game at the moment, but really doesn't stand out for me.  As long as he keeps improving then anything is possible.

Tuck has probably been best player for Coburg in the games I have seen.  I'm amazed that he hasn't been getting a call up.  Team selections are obviously not based on performance.  He is a great mark and goes in pretty hard.  He's limited in the skills department, but is pretty solid.  Similar type to Martin Pike from brisbane.  Definately in better form than half of the seniors.
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2004, 12:00:23 PM »
Tuck has probably been best player for Coburg in the games I have seen.  I'm amazed that he hasn't been getting a call up.  Team selections are obviously not based on performance.  He is a great mark and goes in pretty hard.  He's limited in the skills department, but is pretty solid.  Similar type to Martin Pike from brisbane.  Definately in better form than half of the seniors.

Interestingly I was listening to Sport927 and someone rang and asked why Tuck hadn't been given a go in the seniors.

Anthony Mithen said that he had been wondering that himself and was told that just at the moment Tuck's decision making was just under AFL standard - that was the one part of his game holding him back. But he isn't far away from senior selection.  :-\

I found this to be laughable - this implies that the decision making of the likes of Mark (The Golden Turnup) Chaffey, Ray Hall, Darren Gaspar, Kayne Pettifer is up to AFL standard  :o Yeah right!

What a joke >:( >:(
« Last Edit: June 07, 2004, 12:02:18 PM by WilliamPowell »

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2004, 12:32:40 PM »
LMAOO @ the Golden Tunip.

Yeah its a disgrace.  You can add Rodan to that list.  Last week at Coburg he was cringe-able.  Every time he got the ball you knew he was gonna stuff up or get run-down.

How about Hilton.  I saw his game before his promotion and he was pathetic at best.

Frawley has definately created a division at the club and as long as you are good mates with him you will get a go.  Remember McGrath.  No wonder the kid got distressed and turned to the drink.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2004, 12:50:38 PM »

How about Hilton.  I saw his game before his promotion and he was pathetic at best.

Harry H, I try not to mention or even think about Hilton - if there is one player who represents all that is wrong with the RFC at the moment it is Rory Hilton. Doesn't chase, wont tackle, not accountable and gives no seconds efforts - EVER. I could go on but I am trying to enjoy my lunch :P

Offline wrennyboy

• Future Richmond star
  • Captain Coughlan
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2004, 01:25:18 PM »
Look out for a kid called Nathan Foley.  On the rookie list at the moment but definately looks the goods.  Reminds me of Steven Milne.  Is definately rover material.  great hands, reads the play really well and knows how to rove packs.  This kid will/should be on our list in near future.  If he isn't then there is something definately wrong.

Lets certainly hope so. If Archibald is going to be out for the rest of the year then put him on the injury list and get foley into the action. Heard he is a big kick a good rover and very clean with his disposal. One of the best kicks at Richmond now apparantly. Hope he gets a go soon or next years wizza cup
wrenny

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2004, 03:15:28 PM »

Lets certainly hope so. If Archibald is going to be out for the rest of the year then put him on the injury list and get foley into the action. Heard he is a big kick a good rover and very clean with his disposal. One of the best kicks at Richmond now apparantly. Hope he gets a go soon or next years wizza cup

I wouldn't say he's one of the best kicks in the team - in fact he is an ordinary kick and that is probably his main weakness at the moment.  He needs to improve his kicking as he tends to kick floaters.  His main strength is his running to position, his clean hands, and awareness and balance.  These are key ingredients IMO.