Author Topic: Pick 12 - who should we draft?  (Read 88511 times)

Online Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Re: Pick 12 - who should we draft?
« Reply #225 on: October 20, 2014, 04:07:24 PM »
Would people like a Bontempelli type?

If the answer is yes then Kyle Langford is our man.

(and yes I know he's mainly listed as a forward but he's essentially a tall -190cm- marking mid who can play forward.)

Has also been compared by some to Richo.....I'd say a smaller version of 2008 Richo than, say, 1996 or 2001 Richo.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #226 on: October 20, 2014, 07:33:08 PM »
How sweet it would be to have another pick around 20. Of course peoples opinions might be different but we could of gone Duggan at 12 who I believe is a surer thing and then with 20ish taken Cockatoo or Langford or Garlett at pick 20ish, as it's likely all 3 could slip down that far.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #227 on: October 20, 2014, 07:38:24 PM »
How sweet it would be to have another pick around 20. Of course peoples opinions might be different but we could of gone Duggan at 12 who I believe is a surer thing and then with 20ish taken Cockatoo or Langford or Garlett at pick 20ish, as it's likely all 3 could slip down that far.

Its bewildering they didnt get another 15-30 pick
Stanley=#21

tony_montana

« Reply #228 on: October 20, 2014, 08:03:13 PM »

(and yes I know he's mainly listed as a forward but he's essentially a tall -190cm- marking mid who can play forward.)

Has also been compared by some to Richo.....I'd say a smaller version of 2008 Richo than, say, 1996 or 2001 Richo.

depends on whether he is a richo/bontempelli or a Cale Morton..

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #229 on: October 20, 2014, 08:18:14 PM »

Very astute point tm! :clapping ;D

OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Online Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #230 on: October 20, 2014, 08:22:39 PM »

Stanley=#21

Yep.

Fair point and I'd say memories of the Cale Fail are effecting his pre-draft rankings, though I think he has more strings than Morton had - and looks quicker. Has played in defence as well and is more accountable. Would be far less of a reach than Cockatoo IMO.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

the claw

« Reply #231 on: October 20, 2014, 08:37:00 PM »

Stanley=#21
lol more over rating of our players. your obviously talking about vickery and stanley in the same breath. yet stanley has been a better player imo.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #232 on: October 20, 2014, 08:40:56 PM »
yet stanley has been a better player imo.

Stanley definitely has more upside of the two.

the claw

« Reply #233 on: October 20, 2014, 08:47:53 PM »
im still hoping laverde will get to us. if durdin is still there and laverde is gone id take durdin instead.
laverde at 12 and id not hesitate to take lamb at 20 if we had that pick. 33 on tyler kietel then another mid with our last pick at 52 maybe connor blakeley will slip to here but i doubt it.

Online Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #234 on: October 20, 2014, 08:50:49 PM »

Stanley=#21

lol more over rating of our players. your obviously talking about vickery and stanley in the same breath. yet stanley has been a better player imo.

Might've been talking about Conca for all we know, claw. Either way, regardless of what you, I or Judge thinks, in the current climate I'd say Vickery would've likely got us a similar pick to Stanley. Clubs want talls, they want rucks too and many probably still see him as one even if our club no longer does, he was a first round pick and he was still hitting the scoreboard -23 goals in 12 games- even if most of them were cheapies. Very much a sellers market atm when it comes to his type.

- Thomas Sowell

the claw

« Reply #235 on: October 20, 2014, 09:15:41 PM »

Stanley=#21

Might've been talking about Conca for all we know, claw. Either way, regardless of what you, I or Judge thinks, in the current climate I'd say Vickery would've likely got us a similar pick to Stanley. Clubs want talls, they want rucks too and many probably still see him as one even if our club no longer does, he was a first round pick and he was still hitting the scoreboard -23 goals in 12 games- even if most of them were cheapies. Very much a sellers market atm when it comes to his type.
i agree i think vickery would have got us a top 20 pick. sheesh we could even have bundled him up with pick 12 for carltons pick 7  their pick 28 and garlett.
its just this constant rubbish where our players are all worth something and everybody elses arent.
how the hell can you have a decent debate when people have such blinkers on.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #236 on: October 20, 2014, 10:53:04 PM »
Wait so you take Judge's comment as him saying Vickery would get us a pick around the 20 mark and belittle him about it but then go on to say you reckon he would get us a pick around that mark?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #237 on: October 21, 2014, 02:57:22 AM »
AFL website's Callum Twomey's draft talk plus some info/rumours from SA & WA press:

1. St K - Petracca
2. Melb - Brayshaw
3. Melb - McCartin/Lever/Pickett
4. GWS - Lever/McCartin/Pickett
5. Coll - Laverde/Lever/Ahern
6. GWS -
7. GWS -
8. GC -
9. Coll - Moore (F/S)
10. Geel -
11. WC -
12. Rich - Laverde/Ahern/Cockatoo/Weller.......... Source: Brett Anderson
13. Freo - Durdin
14. Adel - Goddard/Marchbank

https://twitter.com/AFL_CalTwomey/with_replies
http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/fremantle-looks-to-new-batch-of-key-position-talent-including-sam-durdin/story-fndv8h5w-1227094794975
http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/adelaide-risks-losing-sam-durdin-after-trading-pick-10-to-geelong/story-fndv862c-1227096446517

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #238 on: October 21, 2014, 04:39:31 PM »

my suspicion is that north will take Nakia with their first pick if he is still available
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #239 on: October 21, 2014, 09:09:31 PM »
The Saints want a tall, they'll look past Petracca with #1.