Author Topic: NAB Cup 2015: Richmond vs Western Bulldogs - Sat. Feb. 28 @ Whitten Oval  (Read 38230 times)

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
Re: NAB Cup 2015: Richmond vs Western Bulldogs - Sat. Feb. 28 @ Whitten Oval
« Reply #270 on: March 01, 2015, 02:15:31 AM »
Send Vickery to Perth for big Zach Clarke
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #271 on: March 01, 2015, 02:16:42 AM »
Is it true they won the toss and kicked into the wind again??
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #272 on: March 01, 2015, 03:16:51 AM »
Is it true they won the toss and kicked into the wind again??
Morris kicked with it. Heard he won't captain again  :shh

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #273 on: March 01, 2015, 04:52:53 AM »

The biggest disappointment for me was McBean. He just couldn't find his way into the game and for a tall forward to not kick a goal was quite disappointing.

Only 27 Inside 50's didn't help his cause....was ordinary in the contests but at least he had a basic idea of where to run and where to be......unlike a few others.

ffs after how many yr you would hope thats the case. i keep on saying it pea hearts never ever really make it. the trouble is this bloke plays like a millionare he actually thinks he belongs. fact is hes ordinary and hes been ordinary for what hes in yr 7. geez we go crook about hamspud give me the carlton hack any day.
LMFAO

IF ever it was needed, there is the confirmation.......
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #274 on: March 01, 2015, 08:37:41 AM »
Hamspud actually did ok in the ruck and beat Minson and Co I thought. Around the ground went missing of course but yeah.

Vickery...well, yeah. He really doesn't work for most of his goals. More of an opportunist than a work horse/contester.  I can see why the club will be giving him game time - he could be so much more if he applied himself. Not a fan of the pea heart but I guess we'll be seeing more of him this year.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Online Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #275 on: March 01, 2015, 08:45:44 AM »
With some stars returning, more midfield firepower and therefore some dominance coming out of the middle and we will then see who will really has what it takes up forward. Yesterday the delivery into the forward line whether with or against the breeze was pretty haphazard at best so any forward will struggle under those circumstances. Hopefully conditions for forwards are good for the next game against Port and we can really see of the fringe dweller forwards who is going to put their hand up.

Vickery's body language doesn't do himself any favours, very laconic and tends to look like someone who has the sulks, am sure that's not the case (all the time) but its most peoples perception of him. If delivery to him is in the right areas (he still needs to get there) then i am one of those people who still thinks he can play a part this season. Still believe we are screaming out for an X-Factor small forward, hopefully we target someone via free agency.

Jackstar is back!!!

« Reply #276 on: March 01, 2015, 09:15:32 AM »
I was actually impressed a little by Shaun Clampsem. Has to find another gear but that should be the bare minimum of what he provides week in week out.

Vickery has officially lost me
You were impressed by the big spud? Maybe your easily pleased .

Anyway welcome aboard the Ty "sideshow bob" Vickery disapproval society, nice to have you aboard. There is still room in the Hamspud hatred committee if you ever come to your senses. :thumbsup
Thought Hampson rucked well today

And the 4-6 free kicks he didn't receive by being in front and pushed out of the boundary throw ins were unbelievable
Watched the replay when I go home from game and it was highlighted there
Poor umpiring

Jackstar is back!!!

« Reply #277 on: March 01, 2015, 09:19:20 AM »

The biggest disappointment for me was McBean. He just couldn't find his way into the game and for a tall forward to not kick a goal was quite disappointing.

Only 27 Inside 50's didn't help his cause....was ordinary in the contests but at least he had a basic idea of where to run and where to be......unlike a few others.

ffs after how many yr you would hope thats the case. i keep on saying it pea hearts never ever really make it. the trouble is this bloke plays like a millionare he actually thinks he belongs. fact is hes ordinary and hes been ordinary for what hes in yr 7. geez we go crook about hamspud give me the carlton hack any day.

Read the post again santa - talking about McBean, not Vickery.

..and Hamspud's a pea heart as well.....half the reason he makes so many basic skill errors is because he shytes himself.....I'd rather bring back Graham...

Angus has signed up with Albury this year

Online eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #278 on: March 01, 2015, 10:23:10 AM »
Not fussed by loss. Never read to much into practice matches. As long as no injuries do not care about the result.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #279 on: March 01, 2015, 11:45:04 AM »
I didn't mind losing the game - just thought we leaked too many inside 50s and were too easily beaten in the clearances. Basic pressure acts were missing and besides Vlastuin and Miles we didn't have any AFL standard players on the park.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #280 on: March 01, 2015, 12:06:06 PM »

BOG for me was Vlastuin closely followed by Arnot & Miles. Elton was good - would be a real boost if he could  become a presence in defence - though let's not get too carried away about him just getting the better of a second year player in a practice match. Mcdonough, Vickery, Gordon & Grigg (suprise )were all shyte.
Good to see Hamspud has now added giving away dumb frees to his repetoire of uselessness. Such a cruel twist that he's also our only genuine tap ruckman (10 out of 10 Stringers agree.) Lloyd was alright. Vickery looked like he's still sooking over not getting his place back from Griffiths for the finals and wants out. Hunt was disappointing IMO. Knights showed his talent but not much impact. Pettard & Morris should've swapped roles, but hey supercoach knows best.
Best of the new brigade was Butler...Lambert looks smart but seemed to fade away....loved McKenzie's kick to McBean late in the match - for a young kid his size to be able to do that whilst fatigued is impressive.... all others showed glimpses except Drummond who was crap,  but no-one really made you sit up and say "we could have a real a real player here" - usually there's at least one especially when you draft so many kids, so hopefully someone will put in a real eye-catcher in the next two games.

There were a few other things that concerned me but it's still early days and I really can't be arsed going into it and raising the ire of all the happy clappers & eternal 12 year-olds who'd still wear their old duffle coats if they could so - Go Tiges yay!!!!

Shouldn't of bothered giving any of your pessimistic, sooky opinions then because that last paragraph just makes you seem like a big fat girl

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #281 on: March 01, 2015, 12:15:17 PM »

BOG for me was Vlastuin closely followed by Arnot & Miles. Elton was good - would be a real boost if he could  become a presence in defence - though let's not get too carried away about him just getting the better of a second year player in a practice match. Mcdonough, Vickery, Gordon & Grigg (suprise )were all shyte.
Good to see Hamspud has now added giving away dumb frees to his repetoire of uselessness. Such a cruel twist that he's also our only genuine tap ruckman (10 out of 10 Stringers agree.) Lloyd was alright. Vickery looked like he's still sooking over not getting his place back from Griffiths for the finals and wants out. Hunt was disappointing IMO. Knights showed his talent but not much impact. Pettard & Morris should've swapped roles, but hey supercoach knows best.
Best of the new brigade was Butler...Lambert looks smart but seemed to fade away....loved McKenzie's kick to McBean late in the match - for a young kid his size to be able to do that whilst fatigued is impressive.... all others showed glimpses except Drummond who was crap,  but no-one really made you sit up and say "we could have a real a real player here" - usually there's at least one especially when you draft so many kids, so hopefully someone will put in a real eye-catcher in the next two games.

There were a few other things that concerned me but it's still early days and I really can't be arsed going into it and raising the ire of all the happy clappers & eternal 12 year-olds who'd still wear their old duffle coats if they could so - Go Tiges yay!!!!

Shouldn't of bothered giving any of your pessimistic, sooky opinions then because that last paragraph just makes you seem like a big fat girl

Ironic much?
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #282 on: March 01, 2015, 01:04:03 PM »
Colonic munch?
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #283 on: March 01, 2015, 01:53:38 PM »
Thoughts on Elton? Thought he showed why we have been persistent with him but still lacks that next level

I was actually impressed a little by Shaun Clampsem. Has to find another gear but that should be the bare minimum of what he provides week in week out.

Vickery has officially lost me

really? Vickery has upside i think but his chances are running out.

Hampson has had plenty of chances and sorry to say will always be an average footballer.

also mate i didnt watch a minute of the game as i dont rate these bull poo matches.

Then why question it and what does upside and plenty of chances got to do with my opinion of him in this one particular game?
defended quite well but did nothing else, id say grimes was similar.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #284 on: March 01, 2015, 01:54:11 PM »
Elton , Hampson, Miles, went well.

Still not impressed with Batch and Morris... :-\

Overall not concerned with the result at all, we went well considering.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"