Author Topic: NAB Cup 2015: Richmond vs Western Bulldogs - Sat. Feb. 28 @ Whitten Oval  (Read 38227 times)

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: NAB Cup 2015: Richmond vs Western Bulldogs - Sat. Feb. 28 @ Whitten Oval
« Reply #285 on: March 01, 2015, 02:01:56 PM »
It's all in his head. Has the physical attributes but he's just a stuff wit
not sure i can agree with this. he has plenty of height but imo lacks size and strength and intestinal fortitude.id be happy if he just regularly gave a contest.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #286 on: March 01, 2015, 02:04:32 PM »
With some stars returning, more midfield firepower and therefore some dominance coming out of the middle and we will then see who will really has what it takes up forward. Yesterday the delivery into the forward line whether with or against the breeze was pretty haphazard at best so any forward will struggle under those circumstances. Hopefully conditions for forwards are good for the next game against Port and we can really see of the fringe dweller forwards who is going to put their hand up.

Vickery's body language doesn't do himself any favours, very laconic and tends to look like someone who has the sulks, am sure that's not the case (all the time) but its most peoples perception of him. If delivery to him is in the right areas (he still needs to get there) then i am one of those people who still thinks he can play a part this season. Still believe we are screaming out for an X-Factor small forward, hopefully we target someone via free agency.
we had a dominant midfield last yr and our fwd line was the worst performing area in the team. i didnt see a thing that we can do to change that this yr.maybe knights to play on a flank to add a little polish.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #287 on: March 01, 2015, 02:34:25 PM »
It's all in his head. Has the physical attributes but he's just a stuff wit
not sure i can agree with this. he has plenty of height but imo lacks size and strength and intestinal fortitude.id be happy if he just regularly gave a contest.

Has height, athleticism and I reckon he has a bit of strength (not that he shows it). Not enough strength to dominate an opponent but enough to not be pushed around. Intestinal fortitude is more to do with his head space, which is just stuffed

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #288 on: March 01, 2015, 03:47:03 PM »

The biggest disappointment for me was McBean. He just couldn't find his way into the game and for a tall forward to not kick a goal was quite disappointing.

Only 27 Inside 50's didn't help his cause....was ordinary in the contests but at least he had a basic idea of where to run and where to be......unlike a few others.

BOG for me was Vlastuin closely followed by Arnot & Miles. Elton was good - would be a real boost if he could  become a presence in defence - though let's not get too carried away about him just getting the better of a second year player in a practice match. Mcdonough, Vickery, Gordon & Grigg (suprise )were all shyte.
Good to see Hamspud has now added giving away dumb frees to his repetoire of uselessness. Such a cruel twist that he's also our only genuine tap ruckman (10 out of 10 Stringers agree.) Lloyd was alright. Vickery looked like he's still sooking over not getting his place back from Griffiths for the finals and wants out. Hunt was disappointing IMO. Knights showed his talent but not much impact. Pettard & Morris should've swapped roles, but hey supercoach knows best.
Best of the new brigade was Butler...Lambert looks smart but seemed to fade away....loved McKenzie's kick to McBean late in the match - for a young kid his size to be able to do that whilst fatigued is impressive.... all others showed glimpses except Drummond who was crap,  but no-one really made you sit up and say "we could have a real a real player here" - usually there's at least one especially when you draft so many kids, so hopefully someone will put in a real eye-catcher in the next two games.

There were a few other things that concerned me but it's still early days and I really can't be arsed going into it and raising the ire of all the happy clappers & eternal 12 year-olds who'd still wear their old duffle coats if they could so - Go Tiges yay!!!!

Shouldn't of bothered giving any of your pessimistic, sooky opinions then because that last paragraph just makes you seem like a big fat girl

Were you brought up or dragged up? It's shouldn't have, not shouldn't of.....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #289 on: March 01, 2015, 03:58:59 PM »
With some stars returning, more midfield firepower and therefore some dominance coming out of the middle and we will then see who will really has what it takes up forward. Yesterday the delivery into the forward line whether with or against the breeze was pretty haphazard at best so any forward will struggle under those circumstances. Hopefully conditions for forwards are good for the next game against Port and we can really see of the fringe dweller forwards who is going to put their hand up.

Vickery's body language doesn't do himself any favours, very laconic and tends to look like someone who has the sulks, am sure that's not the case (all the time) but its most peoples perception of him. If delivery to him is in the right areas (he still needs to get there) then i am one of those people who still thinks he can play a part this season. Still believe we are screaming out for an X-Factor small forward, hopefully we target someone via free agency.
we had a dominant midfield last yr and our fwd line was the worst performing area in the team. i didnt see a thing that we can do to change that this yr.maybe knights to play on a flank to add a little polish.

Kids had first hit out and if Deledio plays there and wonder how Riewoldt will slot in. Geez Claw I love your work but if that's based on yesterday and trying to find a few kids then sheesh.surely you could use a McKenzie, McBean or Elton type also. Worth the go.

Forget Vickery guy lost me yesterday given the way the club put raps on him over the off season.
Should've traded him to yesterday's opposition or St Kilda whilst he had currency. Cut our losses.
Will be worth less than the toilet paper I flushed this morning by season's end.

tony_montana

« Reply #290 on: March 01, 2015, 04:00:03 PM »
Ive been telling you blokes about Vickery for years

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #291 on: March 01, 2015, 04:15:43 PM »

:lol desperate for a reply so now you've quoted me twice. You really are a bitter old fool

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #292 on: March 01, 2015, 04:27:06 PM »

:lol desperate for a reply so now you've quoted me twice. You really are a bitter old fool

Yes you're really quite a clever little fellow...as far as you know....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #293 on: March 01, 2015, 04:34:53 PM »
Cmon you two. Cut it out
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #294 on: March 01, 2015, 04:46:20 PM »
Not going to pretend I've seen all the footy this weekend but the bits I have seen most teams seem to have had several of their primary players up and going.

What did Hawthorn do?
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #295 on: March 01, 2015, 04:58:08 PM »
bent over for colonwoood
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #296 on: March 01, 2015, 05:09:37 PM »
Ive been telling you blokes about Vickery for years

To be fair guys, he has.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #297 on: March 01, 2015, 05:55:30 PM »
10-12 players rested and out there with kids and Elton playing as a key back.
Dogs had virtually a full team.
Thought we defended well and Vlaustin was great. Other than 2 OOTF in the last quarter.
Our kicking out of defence was terrible at times but anyway.
Thought the hitout was good kids overall were great and we got more of it out than they did.
Good to see 4 umpires still can't get the job done properly with a blindsided umpire awarding a mark t Stringer he clearly dropped right in front of the boundary umpire to get the Dogs back in the game.
If they can't put us away with a team of kids they will struggle.
More for us to take home.
Hopefully some later round picks will

Already like Castagna and Butler from the newbies.
Thought Elton was good too.
Miles was good in the middle.
Knights looked good and sharp.
Batch looked ok in patches too.
Liked McKenzie in patches too.

Now for the bad ones and they will sound like a broken record but I thought
Grimes made a few blues,
Why why why Ty? Undisciplined and uninterested.That 3rd quarter free was from someone IMHO who still hasn't got his head right.

Overall liked what I saw. Hopefully we can get some later picks to step up and fill a few holes in our list.

Agree with most of that Don

I actually though Batchelor was very good considering he was playing on the 2nd KPP forward most of the time.

Out of the new kids I was really impressed with Jayden Short, showed more ticker than the last Jayden we had (sorry couldn't resist  ;D). But seriously, just thought his intensity was really good for a newbie. Also liked Castagna, not much of him but not scared to go in and get the thing and for his first game showed reasonable skills.

Lambert has to be the one most likely to elevated. He just looks a ready made solid bodied inside mid. Certainly when he started in the middle he got his hands on it and worked in getting us the clearance. Plays a lot like Miles. Kudos to Arnot, though he played well with the limited opportunities he got to settle into a single position  ;D

Agree with a couple of other about McBean, he is still along way of senior footy. He is slow in reacting, and slow in decision making. Has obvious talent but really needs to bulk up and get some intensity into his game

As for Tyrone, well he was simply Ty, seems to be a case of what we see is what we get. I just don't expect anything more him now.

Couple of other disappointments to me were Gordon and Lloyd. Gordon just looked clueless at times and Lloyd.... well dare I say it he just didn't appear fit
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #298 on: March 01, 2015, 06:21:56 PM »
Really is no excuse for players still going into the season unfit, in the sixth year of a coaching regime. If basic things like that haven't been addressed by now you have to start to seriously question if it ever will be whilst the same people are in charge.

- Thomas Sowell

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #299 on: March 01, 2015, 06:26:06 PM »
Really is no excuse for players coming into the season unfit....particularly going into the sixth year of a coaching regime.

Lloyd's only been in the system 2 years but I just thought he looked unfit. Maybe they've bulked him up too much?
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)