Author Topic: NAB Cup 2015: Richmond vs Western Bulldogs - Sat. Feb. 28 @ Whitten Oval  (Read 38226 times)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
Re: NAB Cup 2015: Richmond vs Western Bulldogs - Sat. Feb. 28 @ Whitten Oval
« Reply #300 on: March 01, 2015, 06:29:21 PM »
Really is no excuse for players coming into the season unfit....particularly going into the sixth year of a coaching regime.

Lloyd's only been in the system 2 years but I just thought he looked unfit. Maybe they've bulked him up too much?

Maybe so but he's hardly a kid...it's all down to standards, or an apparent lack thereof, IMO.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #301 on: March 01, 2015, 07:48:11 PM »
Liberatore is out for the whole season poor bugger

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #302 on: March 01, 2015, 08:00:11 PM »
pretty poo way to start the year off
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #303 on: March 01, 2015, 09:14:00 PM »
With some stars returning, more midfield firepower and therefore some dominance coming out of the middle and we will then see who will really has what it takes up forward. Yesterday the delivery into the forward line whether with or against the breeze was pretty haphazard at best so any forward will struggle under those circumstances. Hopefully conditions for forwards are good for the next game against Port and we can really see of the fringe dweller forwards who is going to put their hand up.

Vickery's body language doesn't do himself any favours, very laconic and tends to look like someone who has the sulks, am sure that's not the case (all the time) but its most peoples perception of him. If delivery to him is in the right areas (he still needs to get there) then i am one of those people who still thinks he can play a part this season. Still believe we are screaming out for an X-Factor small forward, hopefully we target someone via free agency.
we had a dominant midfield last yr and our fwd line was the worst performing area in the team. i didnt see a thing that we can do to change that this yr.maybe knights to play on a flank to add a little polish.

Kids had first hit out and if Deledio plays there and wonder how Riewoldt will slot in. Geez Claw I love your work but if that's based on yesterday and trying to find a few kids then sheesh.surely you could use a McKenzie, McBean or Elton type also. Worth the go.

Forget Vickery guy lost me yesterday given the way the club put raps on him over the off season.
Should've traded him to yesterday's opposition or St Kilda whilst he had currency. Cut our losses.
Will be worth less than the toilet paper I flushed this morning by season's end.

to be honest im actually shocked at mcbeans size still, im also shocked at the way he goes about it.theres a lot of love for him on this site but my moneys on him not making it.
  i have no expectations on mckenzie and dont expect him to play seniors. so who will slot into vickerys spot and give us more atm. the simple answer is no one. elton has for two yrs now been groomed as a defender he wont be asked to play fwd. who will slot into griffiths spot if he continues to spud it up. there isnt anyone we are stuck with what we have.

fwd set up like last yr will be riewoldt, vickery, griffiths, with  deledio, martin, edswards rotating thru there  and now morris and possibly knights. we had a dominant midfield last yr and the same fwds spudded it up what will change.

have we found a quality sml fwd answer is no. some of the kids had glimpses but they are miles away and wont play seniors apart from maybe the odd game.

we are laughably going to try morris as a small fwd, the fact is there will be few changes to our team i can see it most of us can see it. there is no opportunity for us to improve our fwd line because we just didnt do a thing about fixing the problem in the short term anyway.

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #304 on: March 01, 2015, 09:42:25 PM »
Hey Claw Liberatore is out for the whole season, some respect please

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #305 on: March 01, 2015, 10:20:14 PM »
better him than say miles. while i sympathise with him as person  hes an opposition player and i really dont give a poo.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #306 on: March 01, 2015, 10:22:49 PM »
With some stars returning, more midfield firepower and therefore some dominance coming out of the middle and we will then see who will really has what it takes up forward. Yesterday the delivery into the forward line whether with or against the breeze was pretty haphazard at best so any forward will struggle under those circumstances. Hopefully conditions for forwards are good for the next game against Port and we can really see of the fringe dweller forwards who is going to put their hand up.

Vickery's body language doesn't do himself any favours, very laconic and tends to look like someone who has the sulks, am sure that's not the case (all the time) but its most peoples perception of him. If delivery to him is in the right areas (he still needs to get there) then i am one of those people who still thinks he can play a part this season. Still believe we are screaming out for an X-Factor small forward, hopefully we target someone via free agency.
we had a dominant midfield last yr and our fwd line was the worst performing area in the team. i didnt see a thing that we can do to change that this yr.maybe knights to play on a flank to add a little polish.

Kids had first hit out and if Deledio plays there and wonder how Riewoldt will slot in. Geez Claw I love your work but if that's based on yesterday and trying to find a few kids then sheesh.surely you could use a McKenzie, McBean or Elton type also. Worth the go.

Forget Vickery guy lost me yesterday given the way the club put raps on him over the off season.
Should've traded him to yesterday's opposition or St Kilda whilst he had currency. Cut our losses.
Will be worth less than the toilet paper I flushed this morning by season's end.

to be honest im actually shocked at mcbeans size still, im also shocked at the way he goes about it.theres a lot of love for him on this site but my moneys on him not making it.
  i have no expectations on mckenzie and dont expect him to play seniors. so who will slot into vickerys spot and give us more atm. the simple answer is no one. elton has for two yrs now been groomed as a defender he wont be asked to play fwd. who will slot into griffiths spot if he continues to spud it up. there isnt anyone we are stuck with what we have.

fwd set up like last yr will be riewoldt, vickery, griffiths, with  deledio, martin, edswards rotating thru there  and now morris and possibly knights. we had a dominant midfield last yr and the same fwds spudded it up what will change.

have we found a quality sml fwd answer is no. some of the kids had glimpses but they are miles away and wont play seniors apart from maybe the odd game.

we are laughably going to try morris as a small fwd, the fact is there will be few changes to our team i can see it most of us can see it. there is no opportunity for us to improve our fwd line because we just didnt do a thing about fixing the problem in the short term anyway.

Not sure if you didn't think, but your post is a bit insensitive Clawski

The previous post detailed that libba was out for the season and you not only ignored this, but broke the usual site protocol in getting on the front foot (bagging our club) after the injury news was announced. 

Take a breath and think about it
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #307 on: March 01, 2015, 10:34:31 PM »
I reckon the Dogs will go close to the spoon this year so it's difficult to take too much out of yesterdays performance.
Players looking to win a round 1 spot who showed a bit would have found it a lot tougher against quality opposition yesterday.
Need to see more yet as to know how we're traveling.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #308 on: March 01, 2015, 10:41:08 PM »
I reckon the Dogs will go close to the spoon this year so it's difficult to take too much out of yesterdays performance.
Players looking to win a round 1 spot who showed a bit would have found it a lot tougher against quality opposition yesterday.

That's all very well, but claw has peeved alot of people off.....we need resolution here
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #309 on: March 01, 2015, 10:49:26 PM »

Not sure if you didn't think, but your post is a bit insensitive Clawski

The previous post detailed that libba was out for the season and you not only ignored this, but broke the usual site protocol in getting on the front foot (bagging our club) after the injury news was announced. 

Take a breath and think about it
im an insensitive person dooks. why would libberatore getting a knee injury prevent me from CRITICISING my own club. what freakin protocol.
besides his situation was announced hours ago.

look im sure libba is a nice lad and a good person but as a footscray player i really dont care about what injuries he or his team mates cop.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #310 on: March 01, 2015, 10:53:52 PM »

That's all very well, but claw has peeved alot of people off.....we need resolution here

He hasn't peeved me off. He said that he feels for Liberatore but this isn't Bulldogs Blitz or whatever.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #311 on: March 01, 2015, 10:54:57 PM »
Liberatore is out for the whole season poor bugger

Maybe the karma bug has left Dad alone and bitten the next generation?

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #312 on: March 01, 2015, 11:04:18 PM »

And we should care because-
A) He's the son of a dog who assaulted Matty Knights with a king hit
B) He's an opposition player
C) He's also a little dog
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #313 on: March 01, 2015, 11:23:05 PM »

And we should care because-
A) He's the son of a dog who assaulted Matty Knights with a king hit
B) He's an opposition player
C) He's also a little dog

I'll take C :whistle

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #314 on: March 01, 2015, 11:34:29 PM »
 stuff ur political correctness on this little rat.

In any other moronic demographic people would be citing karma.
Caracella and Balmey.