Author Topic: Rance has re-signed 4 years  (Read 77791 times)

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
Re: Alex Rance is Fremantle's latest big man target .... (News Ltd)
« Reply #165 on: January 24, 2015, 08:49:16 AM »
Jousting
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #166 on: January 24, 2015, 08:52:10 AM »
Can't we just match Freo's offer and then he has to stay? :shh
If they don't throw in Jousting sticks we can tell em they're dreamin.

What do you need jousting sticks for?!

Jousting
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #167 on: January 27, 2015, 09:58:37 AM »
Opposition clubs looking to poach a RFC player? Surely not.
Not too long ago Rance was just another Francis Jackson dud.
How times have changed.. :P

No More

« Reply #168 on: January 27, 2015, 02:02:26 PM »
The longer this goes on the more problematic it is for Richmond. Richardson should sign him up today or Brendan Gale should sack the entire football department. The same with Dustin Martin.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #169 on: January 27, 2015, 03:44:53 PM »
The longer this goes on the more problematic it is for Richmond. Richardson should sign him up today or Brendan Gale should sack the entire football department. The same with Dustin Martin.

I wouldnt even go that long, 5pm is the max I would be giving to get the deed done

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #170 on: January 27, 2015, 06:49:08 PM »
Lads, I've heard this afternoon that his Manager isn't happy with the broad approach being taken with negotiations, with the club officials described 'prickly'.

Doesn't sound great....
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #171 on: January 27, 2015, 07:44:29 PM »
Lads, I've heard this afternoon that his Manager isn't happy with the broad approach being taken with negotiations, with the club officials described 'prickly'.

Doesn't sound great....

Not sure what to make of this - I kinda get Rance being unhappy with this approach but surely the managers job is to worry about the coin, the condition on earning that coin and any over and above marketing that might come his way?
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Alex Rance's contract discussion thread [merged]
« Reply #172 on: February 04, 2015, 12:59:53 AM »
Richmond face distraction with Rance, Martin yet to re-sign

The Australian
    February 04, 2015

RICHMOND are facing a major distraction on the eve of a crucial season as Alex Rance and Dustin Martin have yet to re-sign beyond this year.

Speculation about the future of the pair could become an unwanted focus should they remain uncontracted at the business end of the season when the Tigers are attempting the win their first finals match since 2001. They have made the final eight in the past two seasons but were bundled out in the first week of both series — by Carlton in 2013 after finishing the home-and-away season fifth, and by Port Adelaide by 57 points last season following a nine-match winning streak.

Of massive concern is the position of current All Australian key defender Rance, 25, who is understood to have sought a deferment of contract talks with Richmond until later this year.

Fremantle are set to make a huge bid for the West Australian free agent to return home, even though Rance is known to be keen to remain in Melbourne, particularly following the relocation of his parents from Perth to Victoria.

Having lost out on securing defender James Frawley in last year’s free-agency window — he left Melbourne for Hawthorn — the Dockers are desperate to add depth to their ageing key defenders. Luke McPharlin, 34, and Michael Johnson, 30, both missed Fremantle’s two losing finals games last year because of injury.

While the Dockers will vigorously pursue Rance, they have been told by his Stride management team that they are not interested in entering in any discussion about his future.

Sources close to Rance say the lure to return to Perth is not strong, and that he remains committed to a future at Punt Road even though he does not want to deal with a new contract until the end of the season.

Another reason given for the postponement of contract negotiations with Richmond is that Rance does not want a repeat of his form lapse in 2013 when he was in contract talks, which eventually resulted in a two-year extension.

Richmond general manager of football operations Dan Richardson said his club would “not be giving a running commentary” of players’ contract positions. “Both Dustin and Alex are integral to the team and we will be working hard to re-sign them,” he said. “With Alex, we’ll get to discussions at some stage soon.”

Martin is entering the final season of a two-year contract extension after almost walking out on the Tigers at the end of 2013 when he requested that his manager, Ralph Carr, seek more lucrative offers from rival clubs.

At the time, Richmond said Martin’s decision to field and consider options from rivals was disappointing after they considered they were close to reaching an agreement with him.

“Given the considerable effort we have put into Dustin’s development both on and off the field, and our efforts to retain him all season, we are extremely disappointed with this decision,” Richardson said. Martin was finally secured by the Tigers following minimal interest from other clubs, mainly because of his high price tag.

History suggests that when out-of-contract players put negotiations on hold until the end of the season, they generally switch clubs. That was certainly the case with Buddy Franklin (Hawthorn to Sydney), Gary Ablett (Geelong to Gold Coast), Brendon Goddard (St Kilda to Essendon), Dale Thomas (Collingwood to Carlton), Nick Malceski (Sydney to Gold Coast), Eddie Betts (Carlton to Adelaide), Tom Scully (Melbourne to GWS), Callan Ward (Western Bulldogs to GWS), Jarrad Waite (Carlton to North Melbourne).

Three stars who bucked the trend were Collingwood’s Travis Cloke, Fremantle captain Matthew Pavlich and Port Adelaide captain Travis Boak.

In a positive sign for the Tigers, Boak, who rejected a move home to join Geelong at the end 2012, is managed by Rance’s agent Tom Petroro.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/afl/richmond-face-distraction-with-rance-martin-yet-to-re-sign/story-fnca0u4y-1227207076170
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 02:10:15 PM by one-eyed »

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
Re: Richmond face distraction with Rance, Martin yet to re-sign (Australian)
« Reply #173 on: February 04, 2015, 01:48:01 AM »
WP looking like a fool right about now "no concerns at all"

:facepalm
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #174 on: February 04, 2015, 01:59:54 AM »
Neither have achieved that much so far, they are only both now developing consistency in their play and should have their best footy ahead of them.

Have a good season this year and the negotiations should look after themselves.

If they leave so be it and you move on to someone else. That's footy now.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #175 on: February 04, 2015, 05:45:09 AM »
Coaches fault, stuffing Dimma  :banghead
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

dwaino

« Reply #176 on: February 04, 2015, 06:43:53 AM »
I'm distracted.

Offline F0551L

• One Eyed Richmond Gold member "eat em alive" Marching on to Victory in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Strong and Bold
« Reply #177 on: February 04, 2015, 07:30:58 AM »
Neither have achieved that much so far, they are only both now developing consistency in their play and should have their best footy ahead of them.

Have a good season this year and the negotiations should look after themselves.

If they leave so be it and you move on to someone else. That's footy now.

Not sure if All Australian  is not much of an achievment😨😨😨
EAT EM ALIVE 2016 TIGERS

Retired to the Bench

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #178 on: February 04, 2015, 07:48:33 AM »
Factored that in. Maybe in Tiger terms AA is something to hang your hat on but Alex is still hardly at the glittering career stage yet.
I sure don't want to lose him though, in fact I think he's more important to us than Martin at this point. Hopefully this amounts to nothing..

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #179 on: February 04, 2015, 08:41:29 AM »
Too funny