Author Topic: Taylor Hunt [merged]  (Read 89103 times)

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
Re: Taylor Hunt [merged]
« Reply #360 on: June 21, 2015, 05:01:17 PM »

Yeah was a big critic of Rance about three years when he was a dumb panicky turnover merchant who couldn't keep his feet and regularly got slaughtered by power forwards  - so were a lot of people - and have always rated Jack. What's Dea done - do you watch much of our  VFL side when they're not on TV or the internet?
See that's the difference, i can see something in a player before they are actually dominating. Dea is a step ahead of VFL footy and has what it takes IMO  to become a good AFL player. He is a good size, quick, strong, is a very good mark and his kicking and decision making has improved out of site in the last couple of years. And the most important thing I see is he has the desperation. Things like when he hits the ground in a marking contest or being tackled his mind and vision is already looking at where the ball is going. Not sure I'm explaining it that well what I see but he has something that many others don't. He has come from a long way back having a basketball background but has developed nicely IMO.
And yes I do watch the twos games when I can. In fact I was involved in Coburg going back a few years when Jade was coaching. He seemed to think I knew a bit about the game to get me involved.
You don't think Dea played well yesterday?

Dea is also brave, tough, strong. I would play him in houlis role.
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #361 on: June 21, 2015, 05:03:06 PM »

Yeah was a big critic of Rance about three years when he was a dumb panicky turnover merchant who couldn't keep his feet and regularly got slaughtered by power forwards  - so were a lot of people - and have always rated Jack. What's Dea done - do you watch much of our  VFL side when they're not on TV or the internet?
See that's the difference, i can see something in a player before they are actually dominating. Dea is a step ahead of VFL footy and has what it takes IMO  to become a good AFL player. He is a good size, quick, strong, is a very good mark and his kicking and decision making has improved out of site in the last couple of years. And the most important thing I see is he has the desperation. Things like when he hits the ground in a marking contest or being tackled his mind and vision is already looking at where the ball is going. Not sure I'm explaining it that well what I see but he has something that many others don't. He has come from a long way back having a basketball background but has developed nicely IMO.
And yes I do watch the twos games when I can. In fact I was involved in Coburg going back a few years when Jade was coaching. He seemed to think I knew a bit about the game to get me involved.

Dea is also brave, tough, strong. I would play him in houlis role.
Me too... Or Batch's

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #362 on: June 21, 2015, 05:55:57 PM »
I like dea. And bachelor is OK.  I am happy to accept they are 'nothing' footballers. However I just find it puzzling whenRichmond fans then overrate a Grigg or Newman

Not me - never rated Grigg and I'd play both of them ahead of Newman.

I'd say lost of us who have played & watched footy for long enough can spot talent before they make an impression - none of us get it right all the time - hell, even the blokes who get paid to do it don't.

As for Dea yesterday - was ok, hard at it as always but disposal by foot was ordinary at best IMO. If you want him to take Houli's role he'll need a lot better footskills than he currently has for a start.

"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #363 on: June 21, 2015, 06:02:08 PM »
Dea's long kicking is not good. At moment I would prefer Houli over Dea.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #364 on: June 21, 2015, 06:03:23 PM »
I like dea. And bachelor is OK.  I am happy to accept they are 'nothing' footballers. However I just find it puzzling whenRichmond fans then overrate a Grigg or Newman

I'd say lost of us who have played & watched footy for long enough can spot talent before they make an impression - none of us get it right all the time - hell, even the blokes who get paid to do it don't.

As for Dea yesterday - was ok, hard at it as always but disposal by foot was ordinary at best IMO. If you want him to take Houli's role he'll need a lot better footskills than he currently has for a start.
I was thinking more of Dea taking Batchelor's spot not Houli's. Houli's isn't a great defender but he does give us plenty of run and carry.
Batchelor defends pretty well but gives us absolutely nothing in terms of attack. Dea defends as well as Batch and IMO better but is better at getting involved in attack. He often gets 20 plus touches playing across HB.

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #365 on: June 21, 2015, 06:30:12 PM »

I was thinking more of Dea taking Batchelor's spot not Houli's. Houli's isn't a great defender but he does give us plenty of run and carry.
Batchelor defends pretty well but gives us absolutely nothing in terms of attack. Dea defends as well as Batch and IMO better but is better at getting involved in attack. He often gets 20 plus touches playing across HB.

I think we can fit Dea in with Batchelor, Grimes, Rance, Houli and Chaplin. Hunt plays further up the ground or in the VFL. Dea can play on the smalls with Grimes.

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #366 on: June 21, 2015, 08:17:41 PM »

Reckon Dea is injured a fair bit too. Certainly not the serious injuries like Astbury but injured none the less

Missed the last 2 games because of injury (fact club didn't list it is another story) but has been injured again

That might explain why he struggles to kick 50 metres. l have seen these high up injures in the leg that stops players from getting off the mark quick or getting full power into the kick. The player looks ok & can run but it niggles them

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #367 on: June 21, 2015, 08:27:18 PM »
Dea is more attacking than Batch but I disagree he is better defensively. IMO I don't see Dea having an AFL impact. Reckon he'll always be the type to look alright in the VFL because of his athleticism and bravery but once he's up against players who actually know how to play and are just as physically capable as him, he gets shown up

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #368 on: June 21, 2015, 09:39:12 PM »
Maybe dea gets hurt cause be attacks the ball hard?

Houli and grigg can take notes
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #369 on: June 21, 2015, 09:44:21 PM »
Bloody atrocious game from Hunt, should be on notice. He's a better player than the garbage he served up on Friday night , I've only just peeled myself off the ceiling after watching a replay of the q1 :banghead
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #370 on: June 21, 2015, 10:56:41 PM »
See that's the difference, i can see something in a player before they are actually dominating. Dea is a step ahead of VFL footy and has what it takes IMO  to become a good AFL player.

I find it interesting that you rate Dea under this criteria yet see no future for McDonough.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #371 on: June 22, 2015, 05:45:44 PM »
Hunt is a 17% player.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #372 on: June 22, 2015, 10:13:19 PM »
whats wrong with sleeping with the lights on?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #373 on: June 24, 2015, 09:16:42 PM »
Who is your club’s Recruit of the Year?

Gilbert Gardiner
Herald-Sun
June 24, 2015 3:05PM

Richmond: Taylor Hunt

Delisted by Geelong at the end of last season, Hunt has made every post a winner at Richmond. Took strong pre-season form into the season and has not looked back. The defender has played 11 games averaging 17 disposals.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/afl-2015-who-is-your-clubs-recruit-of-the-year/story-fnelctok-1227412986434

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #374 on: June 24, 2015, 09:20:59 PM »
Because be was our only recruit ? Hunt has really pee'd me off the last few games. So panicky and horrible disposal. Plays scared almost when he's disposing. Would like to see Lambert replace him soon