Author Topic: Taylor Hunt [merged]  (Read 89043 times)

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
Re: Taylor Hunt [merged]
« Reply #345 on: June 20, 2015, 09:26:58 PM »
The difference between Hunt & McIntosh is Hunt poo's himself in the heat of the moment & McIntosh has a sharp mind to get the ball off the right way. Hunt turns the ball over to much

Well said
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #346 on: June 21, 2015, 08:36:43 AM »
Said this to a mate last night and he shot me down

Before those start calling it whinging I have thought this for a long time now that Hunt is a very average footballer

Forget the stats just watch him closely and the effectiveness of his possessions
not sure anyone would label that a whinge, even if they disagreed with you.

Its an observation and pretty much on the money. I think we are starting to see why he was in favour at geelong for a short period, but then fell out of favour.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #347 on: June 21, 2015, 08:57:19 AM »
Hunt clearly has the ability to find possessions but his disposal and decision making constantly let him down.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #348 on: June 21, 2015, 09:41:20 AM »
I don't rate Hunt very highly either but IMO we are so low of talent in the two's that we almost have to play him. 
Newman
Astbury
Petterd
Knights
Hampson
Thomas
Gordon
Lloyd
McDonough
Arnot
All these guys are not AFL standard, some have been around awhile and some are only still young but all probably aren't any better than Hunt or are so injury prone they are a liability on our list.
We need to get a broom at years end and sweep the whole lot of them IMO.
That's why players like Grigg, Houli, Hunt and even the younger guys that aren't ready yet are getting games.
Watching the two's yesterday just showed again our list is still in awful shape when it comes to depth.

Offline Heart of Darkness

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #349 on: June 21, 2015, 10:53:09 AM »
I don't rate Hunt very highly either but IMO we are so low of talent in the two's that we almost have to play him. 
Newman
Astbury
Petterd
Knights
Hampson
Thomas
Gordon
Lloyd
McDonough
Arnot
All these guys are not AFL standard, some have been around awhile and some are only still young but all probably aren't any better than Hunt or are so injury prone they are a liability on our list.
We need to get a broom at years end and sweep the whole lot of them IMO.
That's why players like Grigg, Houli, Hunt and even the younger guys that aren't ready yet are getting games.
Watching the two's yesterday just showed again our list is still in awful shape when it comes to depth.

And that's what happens when you draft/ recruit recycled players with little to no upside.

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #350 on: June 21, 2015, 10:57:53 AM »
Astbury worth keeping around I would have thought if we cannot package him up in a trade. Is good to have in case of injuries.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #351 on: June 21, 2015, 11:26:57 AM »
Astbury definitely worth keeping. No mention of Dea on that list either

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #352 on: June 21, 2015, 03:58:39 PM »
Astbury definitely worth keeping. No mention of Dea on that list either
That's because it was my list and I rate Dea... A lot... I'd have him in before Batch anyday.
Astbury definitely not the worst but he is behind Rance, Chaplin, Grimes, Batch and IMO Dea. Plus more importantly he is always injured.
And if we were to get Carlisle from the Bombers, Astbury has to go.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #353 on: June 21, 2015, 04:22:58 PM »
Dea is just a nothing footballer who offers even less than Batchelor.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #354 on: June 21, 2015, 04:25:10 PM »
Batchelor is mediocre at best but Dea is just a nothing footballer.
Wasn't you that didn't rate Rance either? You don't rate Jack either do you?

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #355 on: June 21, 2015, 04:35:21 PM »

Yeah was a big critic of Rance about three years when he was a dumb panicky turnover merchant who couldn't keep his feet and regularly got slaughtered by power forwards  - so were a lot of people - and have always rated Jack. What's Dea done - do you watch much of our  VFL side when they're not on TV or the internet?
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #356 on: June 21, 2015, 04:41:56 PM »

That's because it was my list and I rate Dea... A lot... I'd have him in before Batch anyday.
Astbury definitely not the worst but he is behind Rance, Chaplin, Grimes, Batch and IMO Dea. Plus more importantly he is always injured.
And if we were to get Carlisle from the Bombers, Astbury has to go.

Reckon Dea is injured a fair bit too. Certainly not the serious injuries like Astbury but injured none the less

Missed the last 2 games because of injury (fact club didn't list it is another story) but has been injured again
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #357 on: June 21, 2015, 04:50:35 PM »
Skill wise, more of a Morris type than a champion.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #358 on: June 21, 2015, 04:51:49 PM »
I like dea. And bachelor is OK.  I am happy to accept they are 'nothing' footballers. However I just find it puzzling whenRichmond fans then overrate a Grigg or Newman
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #359 on: June 21, 2015, 04:58:22 PM »

Yeah was a big critic of Rance about three years when he was a dumb panicky turnover merchant who couldn't keep his feet and regularly got slaughtered by power forwards  - so were a lot of people - and have always rated Jack. What's Dea done - do you watch much of our  VFL side when they're not on TV or the internet?
See that's the difference, i can see something in a player before they are actually dominating. Dea is a step ahead of VFL footy and has what it takes IMO  to become a good AFL player. He is a good size, quick, strong, is a very good mark and his kicking and decision making has improved out of site in the last couple of years. And the most important thing I see is he has the desperation. Things like when he hits the ground in a marking contest or being tackled his mind and vision is already looking at where the ball is going. Not sure I'm explaining it that well what I see but he has something that many others don't. He has come from a long way back having a basketball background but has developed nicely IMO.
And yes I do watch the twos games when I can. In fact I was involved in Coburg going back a few years when Jade was coaching. He seemed to think I knew a bit about the game to get me involved.
You don't think Dea played well yesterday?