Author Topic: Jayden Short [merged]  (Read 218198 times)

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Jayden Short [merged]
« Reply #1035 on: July 18, 2024, 10:49:41 PM »
Shorty would look good in a Saints jumper. Their 2nd rounder should do it.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1036 on: July 21, 2024, 06:48:56 PM »
What did people think of squib alots game this week.
A typical meh peformance for me.
Who ever signed him and Ryan up on long contracts need shooting.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1037 on: August 03, 2024, 05:02:17 PM »
Yze has to send a message to the whole playing group about AFL standards before the end of the year and he can start by dropping Short. Short has been horribly out of touch all year yet he's kept his place in the side which must be only due to our long list of injuries. You can't have senior players who constantly fumble, lose their feet and go to ground so easily in the contest. He's always been an outside player, but his ball use and effective metres gained was what he used to bring to the team. Now the cons so far out-way any arguable pros that he has to be dropped. I think from WP's running tally today Short directly gifted Norf 3-4 goals. 
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1038 on: August 03, 2024, 05:13:37 PM »
Yep has been nothing short of disgraceful this season. Especially given his leadership role. Was able to hide him in our good teams

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #1039 on: August 03, 2024, 05:29:20 PM »
Must play rest of the year
Dropping him now would be ludicrous

Then attempt to trade him

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #1040 on: August 03, 2024, 06:01:28 PM »
The Anti-Dusty/Reverse Richo - makes me not want to watch us play....hate him more than most oppo players....at this point he is one...complete liability ...hilarious to see even his staunchest apologists finally seeing what a select few of us always have.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Gigantor

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #1041 on: August 03, 2024, 06:09:36 PM »
I think he’s been awful this year ( all year)
But can’t quite get my head around how do you hide a player when he wins a best and fairest

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1042 on: August 03, 2024, 06:19:05 PM »
No surprise he won a b&f in the year everyone was social distancing and afraid of body contact.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1043 on: August 03, 2024, 06:19:45 PM »
poos himself and goes to ground under pressure every contest. stuff him off please

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1044 on: August 03, 2024, 06:36:20 PM »
I think he’s been awful this year ( all year)
But can’t quite get my head around how do you hide a player when he wins a best and fairest

When you dislike a player you’ll find it very hard to give them any credit and instead cling to their faults/deficiencies. It’s human nature.

Short was a good player in an all time great side and his ability to bomb the ball long worked with our game plan of moving the ball forward at all costs. Our fwds would rarely get out marked and atleast bring the ball to ground and from then our smalls and mids were all over it.

Right now we suck and short bombing it long to an absolutely non existent forward line is a full proof way to turn the ball over.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1045 on: August 03, 2024, 06:38:49 PM »
Yeah nah he was always just massively overratted and shytehouse.....what you're seeing now was always there plain as day to anyone paying attention..... :shh

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1046 on: August 03, 2024, 06:45:54 PM »
No1s saying he is a superstar but he was a good and at times very good half back flanker that thrived in our system.

Acting like he was crap given all the players we tried and failed to play at half back and ended up delisted or traded and then delisted. He is an AFL quality player no matter how much people want to pretend otherwise.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1047 on: August 03, 2024, 06:53:42 PM »
I meant his defensive deficiencies were hidden in our good teams.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1048 on: August 03, 2024, 07:19:35 PM »
He was great in 2020. Reality is that he’s just been a massive disappointment since. We need to move on.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Gigantor

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #1049 on: August 03, 2024, 07:26:08 PM »
The drop off hasn’t been just short many others have followed in his footsteps
Grimes
Graham
Pickett etc
Some have been from injuries others from age others again feasting too much on success and others just in a drop in form