Author Topic: Richmond president Peggy O’Neal says Tigers united behind coach Hardwick (H-Sun)  (Read 16482 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Peggy O'Neal's president's function speech:

VIDEO: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2015-05-18/oneal-r7-presidents-function

* No matter if you’re flying or failing on the field, we don’t make reactive decisions based on the latest view in the media or the vocal minority. Every part of our business looks at the facts, we ask hard questions, and collectively we find a way forward. I think that’s been critical to the narrative that’s been Richmond over the past five seasons, and these first six games.

* At the start of season 2010, the Club was in an extremely poor shape, on and off the field, to the point that some even wondered if we would even continue to exist. Membership was stagnant, corporate partnerships were difficult to attract and we had a debt approaching $5 million that saw us play games in Cairns and Darwin. The Club’s facilities were embarrassing and Punt Road Oval was in terrible shape. By Round 9, we hadn’t won a game. A collective commitment was made to turn this Club around and that it would be done methodically.

* We’re not satisfied.  There’s much more to do. We’ve got enough right to ensure that the Club has a solid foundation upon which to build its future. That’s what only stable, united football clubs can do. Our resolve to build a highly-successful football team and a Club that we can be proud of, is stronger than ever.

Full article: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2015-05-18/stability-the-key-for-tigers

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
Guys, I think if you ignore it, it will go away

As for Peggy, it's comical.
Caracella and Balmey.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
what a dumb woman fair dinkum

pee her off
You can call her anything except dumb.  She is much smarter than 99% of the posters on OER. Don't underestimate her.  Just because she doesn't shout out in the media, doesn't mean that she is not doing anything within the four walls of the RFC.

I'd prefer it that way x1000000000!

i call it as i see it and its only my opinion. She sounds like a dumb american who knows very little about being a president

repeating the same garbage over and over. Didnt she once mention she wanted to win at least a final. Please

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
I would have been shot for that comment. :snidegrin :whistle ::)

i didnt think there was anything wrong with it. She does sound dumb and if i called dimma  or tony abbott that no one would have said a word.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Gigantor

Peggy
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2015, 11:00:07 PM »
I heard her speech and she spoke well.Said all the  right things you want to hear.
Interested in what people who have actually met peggy think

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
At least now we know Dimma is safe no matter how bad we are
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka

pee her off
You can call her anything except dumb.  She is much smarter than 99% of the posters on OER. Don't underestimate her.  Just because she doesn't shout out in the media, doesn't mean that she is not doing anything within the four walls of the RFC.

i call it as i see it and its only my opinion. She sounds like a dumb american who knows very little about being a president

repeating the same garbage over and over. Didnt she once mention she wanted to win at least a final. Please

I really don't care how intelligent anyone thinks she is, she has no soul.
Like Dimmer.
They probably don't really get music either.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo

pee her off

I really don't care how intelligent anyone thinks she is, she has no soul.
Like Dimmer.
They probably don't really get music either.

Peggy's a big fan of Journey, Michael Bolton, Celine Dion, John Farnham and the various work of Stock, Aitken & Waterman. Dimma loves Nickelback, Matchbox 20, Noiseworks, Dire Straits & Creed....
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond

i didnt think there was anything wrong with it. She does sound dumb and if i called dimma  or tony abbott that no one would have said a word.

It had absolutely nothing to do with you calling her dumb: nothing. You called her more than dumb and Then the "trolling" started
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 07:01:25 AM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Peggy
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2015, 05:39:52 AM »
I heard her speech and she spoke well.Said all the  right things you want to hear.
Interested in what people who have actually met peggy think

So what did she say that we wanted to hear?
The transcript in this thread was both annoying and condescending
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Peggy
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2015, 06:59:37 AM »
So what did she say that we wanted to hear?
The transcript in this thread was both annoying and condescending

Maybe that's the issue she didn't say what you & others wanted to hear.

Reading the transcript I don't think it sounds condescending.

IMHO It's just a typical president's speech; one that attempts to pacifies some people and deliberate or not annoys the hell out of others. Typical President's speech when a club on field is going poorly

TBH it's not surprising and I really don't care. What they do behind closed doors to right things is far more important because the words out of the RFC mean very little these days

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

No More

TBH Peggy isn't the problem at Richmond. The players are the problem and the football department that's where the problem is.

Offline smasha

• RFC Hall of Fame
We beat Collingwood.
What's with the glum faces?

Drugs??? :snidegrin

Offline yandb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
In the speech Peggy mentions that in 2010 our club was a train wreck (not the exact words ). She didn't mention that she had already spent five years on the board so she had presided over that train wreck and didn't take any responsibility for the mess.

If you watch the video you will pick up the condescending tone of her voice with regards to the passion of the Richmond supporters and infers it is destabilising the club. Any president worth their salt would have acknowledged the patience of the supporters as this is Hardwick's sixth season.

No More

shes a lawyer, lawyers talk like that. I didn't see anything wrong in how she delivered her speech.