Author Topic: Chris Yarran [merged]  (Read 583049 times)

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
Re: Yarran requests trade to Richmond [update]
« Reply #1365 on: October 18, 2015, 08:17:52 AM »
Id like to keep astbury too actually

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1366 on: October 18, 2015, 11:42:03 AM »
I hope Astbury stays, I still think we will see him become a permanent part of the side as Chaplin gets more and more.....um.....not needed next year.

I can remember Astbury before the injury, gee he was very very good. If he can remain injury free our backline could be one of the strongest, provided he regains his form.

I am sure we can all remember the struggles Grimes went through and many did not think he could come back, he has regained form and he was one of the 3 best in the final loss.

KEEP ASTBURY!!!!

I agree with you entirely. Injury free I am confident Astbury could be a good player for us. He is a good mark, can play forward if needed and is usually good with disposal.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1367 on: October 18, 2015, 02:43:24 PM »
Good in actually happy about that. Let's see if they any balls now to trade out a Conca type.

They are that stupid down there they will probably try now swap the bean or something to land their nig fish  in Yazz
I can't see it being Conca, AH. Even if the Club wanted to and Conca was willing to be traded, then it would only be back to WA but both WA clubs have little to offer pick-wise now. West Coast's earliest pick is 36 after trading their first rounder for Redden, whereas Freo has 22 but they need more higher picks, not less, to try and get Cam McCarthy off GWS. Freo's needs are also KPPs with McPharlin and possible Pav retiring rather than another mid. 
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #1368 on: October 18, 2015, 03:00:14 PM »
Good in actually happy about that. Let's see if they any balls now to trade out a Conca type.

They are that stupid down there they will probably try now swap the bean or something to land their nig fish  in Yazz

Racist...
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #1369 on: October 18, 2015, 03:58:49 PM »
Can't you just ask the AFL step in and mediate if both parties can't agree to a deal?
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #1370 on: October 18, 2015, 04:04:02 PM »

I can't see it being Conca, AH. Even if the Club wanted to and Conca was willing to be traded, then it would only be back to WA but both WA clubs have little to offer pick-wise now. West Coast's earliest pick is 36 after trading their first rounder for Redden, whereas Freo has 22 but they need more higher picks, not less, to try and get Cam McCarthy off GWS. Freo's needs are also KPPs with McPharlin and possible Pav retiring rather than another mid.

I'd love to see the pudgy little Fukka running around for caaaaaarlt'n.

:snidegrin
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #1371 on: October 18, 2015, 07:03:46 PM »
nig fish  in Yaz

:clapping
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1372 on: October 18, 2015, 07:05:04 PM »

Racist...

hahaha
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1373 on: October 18, 2015, 07:27:04 PM »
I hope Astbury stays, I still think we will see him become a permanent part of the side as Chaplin gets more and more.....um.....not needed next year.

I can remember Astbury before the injury, gee he was very very good. If he can remain injury free our backline could be one of the strongest, provided he regains his form.

I am sure we can all remember the struggles Grimes went through and many did not think he could come back, he has regained form and he was one of the 3 best in the final loss.

KEEP ASTBURY!!!!

I feel like I am in the twilight zone.
You compain non stop about the trading period .
Now you want to keep a player who is the very definition of expendable.
 Astbury is the type of bloke if you got anything under pick 50 for him you would be in front .
Unleash the tornado

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1374 on: October 18, 2015, 10:16:25 PM »
Snip! Leave out the baiting, ppl.

Now, back to the topic.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1375 on: October 18, 2015, 10:36:02 PM »
mitch ‏@TexasPinkSock - is yarran still going to go to richmond? Seems a deal is not any closer to happening with the rumour Brisbane went cold on

‏@BrettAndersonIF - It'll still happen.

https://twitter.com/BrettAndersonIF/with_replies

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1376 on: October 18, 2015, 10:53:15 PM »
Richmond was also unable to progress in its search for a draft pick that would land Carlton's Chris Yarran over the weekend.

The Tigers hit a roadblock when the Brisbane Lions reportedly cooled on defender David Astbury, who held the key to Richmond landing one of the Lions' selections within their target range (No.17 and No.21).

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-10-18/trade-wrap-dockers-wont-trade-players-to-land-mccarthy

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Richmond, meanwhile, has been forced to recommence its task of finding a deal to secure Chris Yarran from Carlton after the move of David Astbury to the Lions as part of a three-way trade fell over when the Lions cooled on him.

Richmond does not want to trade pick 12 for Yarran but the Blues want at least a late first-round draft pick for the running player.

Under the Astbury arrangement Richmond would have landed Yarran by trading down from pick 31 to an earlier pick to satisfy Carlton. The Tigers must now either trade another player or more likely trade a future draft pick or trade their pick 12 for later selections, using one pick for Yarran and keep a pick.

http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-trade-period--gold-coasts-charlie-dixon-tied-into-jake-carlisle-trade-talks-20151018-gkc1u6#ixzz3ou74F8tZ

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #1377 on: October 18, 2015, 11:01:08 PM »
mitch ‏@TexasPinkSock - is yarran still going to go to richmond? Seems a deal is not any closer to happening with the rumour Brisbane went cold on

Interesting to see how we're gunna get it through without the Astbury picks. How do people feel about 2nd rounder this year and next year for Yarran? I'd be happy with that. Enough for Carlton?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1378 on: October 18, 2015, 11:20:13 PM »

Interesting to see how we're gunna get it through without the Astbury picks. How do people feel about 2nd rounder this year and next year for Yarran? I'd be happy with that. Enough for Carlton?
I hope we don't trade future picks. Next year's draft isn't as weak as this year's. Having said that, I don't see Carlton accepting pick 31 + our 2016 2nd rounder (30+?) even though it's more than fair based on Yarran's 2015 'form'. Both clubs seem to publicly agree Yarran is worth a high teen/early 20s pick.

I think we'll have to wait until Thursday before any deal can be done on Yarran. We'll need to see what picks everyone still has after all the main trades are completed. Once we know that then there's the option of swapping picks based on the bidding points system they've introduced this offseason.

For example: We trade pick 31 (606) + pick 49 (278) = 884 pts and in return we receive a pick of similar points value. Brisbane, for instance, currently have pick 21 which is worth 878 pts. Get our hands on a pick like that (late teens/early 20s) and then we can pass it onto Carlton for Yarran.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1379 on: October 18, 2015, 11:39:10 PM »

yeah picks after 20 are arse. give em two if thats what it takes, but i think silvagni knows they are arse
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI