Author Topic: Chris Yarran [merged]  (Read 581003 times)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Chris Yarran out for 6 weeks due to foot injury [update]
« Reply #1965 on: March 17, 2016, 06:01:09 PM »
It is a repetitive strain injury so I guess it didn't help when he came back 10kg over his playing weight. That would have made it flair up together with the harder training that he has been doing to get back to playing.

So in hindsight it was poor management but you do not normally operate on mild cases of these because the possible complications of surgery outweigh the benefit of the procedure. And when he joined it was not a major concern.

Probably just bad luck unfortunately for us. :banghead
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1966 on: March 17, 2016, 08:35:27 PM »
Well I suppose we can look forward to him topping up would should already be a finals side when he returns.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1967 on: March 18, 2016, 08:46:06 AM »
Who else have we got who can replace his 10 or so possessions

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1968 on: March 18, 2016, 08:57:45 AM »
Who else have we got who can replace his 10 or so possessions

Batchelor.

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1969 on: March 18, 2016, 04:53:03 PM »
Benny Gale talking about Yarran today ...

Gale said his understanding was the 25-year-old, who was traded to the Tigers for pick 19 in last year's draft, didn't arrive at Punt Road with the foot complaint and didn't aggravate the issue by pushing to be fit for an unlikely round one debut.

Yarran played 45 minutes in a practice match last week and completed extra training afterwards in his bid to regain match fitness after a niggling calf complaint.

"It evolved over a few weeks, so it wasn't one specific incident," Gale said of Yarran's foot injury.

"Chris didn't come back at the start of pre-season as prepared as we would've liked, and we addressed that.

"He finally got in a position where he was engaging in full training, and had been for about four-to-six weeks, and had been looking very, very good.

"But at the same time this particular injury grumbled and gradually got worse."

Yarran played 119 games for the Blues before off-field issues and indifferent form prompted him to seek out a fresh start, and Gale felt for the speedster following his latest setback.

"There's nothing worse than being injured at a footy club and in the rehab group," Gale said.

"You feel disengaged and isolated … particularly when you come to a new club. You want to get involved and get out there amongst it and Chris hasn't been able to do either really until the last few weeks."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-03-18/shane-edwards-on-track-for-blues-opener

tony_montana

« Reply #1970 on: March 18, 2016, 09:28:06 PM »
Greg Denham intimated he's not out bc of the foot, it's something more sinister and will be longer.

It is Denham so take it with a grain of salt

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #1971 on: March 18, 2016, 09:39:14 PM »
Denhams a  stuffwit , once said Cambo was odds on to coach RFC, next day said he declared , wasn't interested  :lol. He makes up his material and plagerises the rest  :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Chris Yarran was 7kg overweight when he joined Richmond ..... (H-Sun)
« Reply #1972 on: March 20, 2016, 04:29:04 AM »
Chris Yarran was overweight when he joined Richmond

Jon Ralph
Sunday Herald Sun
March 19, 2016 8:00pm

RICHMOND conceded on Friday Chris Yarran hadn’t arrived at the club in a satisfactory state for pre-season training.

Plenty of figures have been bandied around but the one from inside the club is that he was 7kg overweight when he rocked up.

He had worked hard to get back into shape, his Round 1 hopes shattered by a case of plantar fascia that needs surgery. But the Tigers believe his commitment to training — finally — will give him a chance to be a weapon later in the year.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/richmond/sunday-score-chris-yarran-was-overweight-when-he-joined-richmond/news-story/c700a1926825e32e7e1b2a949dab9fc7

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Yarran fitness battle after presenting for pre-season in poor condition (afl)
« Reply #1973 on: March 20, 2016, 02:29:12 PM »
Yarran faces fitness battle after presenting for pre-season in poor condition

AFL.com.au
March 20, 2016

RICHMOND recruit Chris Yarran faces a challenge to maintain fitness as he recovers from an injured foot, after he returned from the off-season in poor condition.

The Tigers traded for Yarran at the end of last year for pick No. 19 in the 2015 NAB AFL Draft.

Yarran, 25, is known for playing exhilarating football when in form but has been criticised for looking uninterested at times.

He will have surgery early next week for plantar fascia tissue damage in his left foot and is not expected to play until round six at the earliest.

"I wasn't actually at the club at the time he came back, but I heard through the grapevine something along those lines (that he was unfit)," defender Alex Rance said.

"Everyone knows their expectations when they come back. We've got targets that we set.

"He's got himself in some reasonable nick and it's just unfortunate that he's had a few calf injuries that held him back.

"Hopefully as soon as he recovers from this operation he'll be right to go."

Persistent calf issues have hampered Yarran's pre-season. He was limited to 45 minutes of game time for the whole pre-season, which came in a VFL intra-club match.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-03-20/yarran-faces-fitness-battle-after-presenting-for-preseason-in-poor-condition

1980 I Was There

« Reply #1974 on: March 20, 2016, 04:21:31 PM »
Let's suppose for a moment that Yazza will return in round 6
What happens if the Tigers are traveling really well, say won 5 out of 6 games, and all players have earned their place in the team (yeah I know it's a big if, but still possible).
Does Yarran automatically get a shot in the team just because he was somewhat of a big name recruit.
I say no, and I am not yet convinced he is worthy.
Hopefully he goes back through the magoos to earn a place and I personally want to see results there for a few weeks first.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1975 on: March 20, 2016, 04:34:32 PM »
What happens if the Tigers are traveling really well, say won 5 out of 6 games, and all players have earned their place in the team (yeah I know it's a big if, but still possible).
Does Yarran automatically get a shot in the team just because he was somewhat of a big name recruit.
Hopefully he goes back through the magoos to earn a place and I personally want to see results there for a few weeks first.

Lets get there first..  :snidegrin

"Rucks:

1980 I Was There

« Reply #1976 on: March 20, 2016, 09:08:35 PM »

Lets get there first..  :snidegrin
Oh we'll get there, don't you worry about that  :thumbsup

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Yarran ‘his own worst enemy’: Malthouse ... (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #1977 on: March 22, 2016, 05:04:31 PM »
Yarran ‘his own worst enemy’: Malthouse

Herald-Sun
March 22, 2016

FORMER Carlton coach Mick Malthouse has given an insight into Richmond recruit Chris Yarran’s injury struggles — and it’s not glowing.

Yarran’s latest setback is a foot injury, which follows a pre-season of persistent calf issues after being traded from Carlton last October.

Malthouse, who coached Yarran in 47 games at the Blues, questioned the elusive defender’s dedication to football.

“Chris can be his own worst enemy,” Malthouse told SEN.

“If he goes away he doesn’t quite have that knack of being a great professional in regards to coming back and being ready to play. He’s a lovely kid but he does need to be ridden.

“I’m sure that Richmond will find out that you just have to be patient with him but also pretty firm with him. You had to keep the foot on Chris for a long time to make sure he doesn’t blow out.”

Yarran’s tendency to go from one injury to another is a pattern rather than an anomaly, according to Malthouse, who was also quick to point out his association with Yarran ended last May.

“Chris has problems,” the former Footscray, West Coast, Collingwood and Carlton coach said.

“He’s been up and down right through the career I had with him at Carlton. He is explosive by nature so therefore he is a fast-twitch athlete. Everything is about power and speed. His endurance was always one that struggled.

“I remember preparing for Carlton a number of times and he wasn’t available because he gets minor strains in the calf, quad and hamstring. It pulls him back and he loses so much condition so quickly.”

However Malthouse stopped short of calling the 25-year-old soft or weak, insisting his problems stem from a deeply embedded physical predisposition that is not unusual for quick-twitch athletes such as Yarran.

“He’ll fight back,” he said.

“He’s not one to throw the towel in, but his body lets him down regularly. I think he’s got one of the body’s which is a fine edge one. We’ve seen regularly with some athletes, that they can’t sustain that power. When they try to, inevitably something takes place.”

Yarran will not be available for selection at Richmond until at least Round 6.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/richmond/mick-malthouse-says-injured-richmond-tiger-chris-yarran-has-deeply-embedded-injury-concerns/news-story/cfe358f033eb60cfae2e258ac130212b

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Malthouse dig doesn't faze injured Tiger Yarran (AFL site)
« Reply #1978 on: March 22, 2016, 05:08:33 PM »
Malthouse dig doesn't faze injured Tiger Yarran

Nathan Schmook 
afl.com.au
March 22, 2016

RICHMOND recruit Chris Yarran has shrugged off criticism of his physical condition this pre-season after being labelled "his own worst enemy" by former coach Mick Malthouse.

Yarran underwent successful foot surgery on Monday after a horror pre-season that has been interrupted twice by calf strains.

Malthouse questioned Yarran's dedication on Tuesday morning, saying he "hasn’t quite got that knack of being a great professional in regards to coming back and being ready to play".

Yarran said he was not fazed by the intense scrutiny he had been under since crossing from the Blues to Richmond during last year's NAB AFL Trade Period.

"I don't pay too much attention to it to be honest … everyone's got different opinions about it," he said at Punt Road Oval on Tuesday.

"At the end of the day, the only people that matter are my close friends and teammates.

"I'm always happy with my shape."

Yarran suffered a right calf strain at the end of last season with Carlton and two further calf injuries over the pre-season prevented him from gaining any ground with his new club.

The Tigers were pleased with his work rate through late February and early March to get himself in a position to play practice matches, but his latest foot injury ended that momentum.

It is not clear if the plantar fascia injury, which is to his left foot, is related to the calf troubles Yarran has had over the summer.

As Carlton coach, Malthouse said he had to "keep the foot on Yarran" to maintain his fitness levels, but frequent soft tissue strains meant the half-back regularly lost conditioning.

"Chris can sometimes be his worst enemy," Malthouse told SEN.

"If he goes away for any length … he just probably hasn’t quite got that knack of being a great professional in regards to coming back and being ready to play.

"You have to really ride him a bit. He’s a lovely kid but he does need to be ridden, and I’m sure that Richmond will find out that you just have to be patient with him, one, but pretty firm with him, certainly."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-03-22/malthouse-dig-doesnt-faze-injured-tiger-yarran

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Chris Yarran [merged]
« Reply #1979 on: March 23, 2016, 12:27:22 AM »
Lmfao.