Author Topic: Punt Road Oval redevelopment & Indigenous institute [merged]  (Read 124393 times)

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
Re: Punt Road Oval redevelopment & Indigenous institute [merged]
« Reply #465 on: November 27, 2012, 08:13:31 AM »
Coming along beautifully isnt it, not many clubs will have a playing surface like the fairways of Augusta, nice work tigers :clapping
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #466 on: November 27, 2012, 06:54:42 PM »
Richmond_FC twitter:

"Goalposts back in at Punt Road Oval ... we're getting there! #theroarisback"

https://twitter.com/Richmond_FC/status/273306933514100737/photo/1

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #467 on: November 27, 2012, 06:59:21 PM »
Shame it hadnt been laid before the rain came down, would have been purrrrrrfect :shh

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #468 on: November 27, 2012, 09:19:05 PM »
Shame it hadnt been laid before the rain came down, would have been purrrrrrfect :shh
Is it better to get laid before the rain comes down?  :whistle
The club that keeps giving.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #469 on: November 28, 2012, 08:15:05 AM »
Richmond_FC twitter:

"Goalposts back in at Punt Road Oval ... we're getting there! #theroarisback"

https://twitter.com/Richmond_FC/status/273306933514100737/photo/1

Doubt we will be able to use it before Xmas, all that new turf will need a fair whack of time to knit and lots of watering  :thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

tony_montana

« Reply #470 on: November 28, 2012, 10:34:30 AM »
Yep timing is probably right for when players return from their xmas break

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #471 on: November 28, 2012, 10:43:09 AM »
Coming along beautifully isnt it, not many clubs will have a playing surface like the fairways of Augusta, nice work tigers :clapping
Have you been to Augusta? I have, and I can tell you nowhere has turf like the fairways of Augusta.

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #472 on: November 28, 2012, 11:09:40 AM »
Have you been to Augusta? I have, and I can tell you nowhere has turf like the fairways of Augusta.

Good point tiga, Im sick of Mr Bojangles over the top analogy's of everything!! For a 31 year member (Still never been confirmed BTW) you would think the man would have grown up by now :huh :huh

tony_montana

« Reply #473 on: November 28, 2012, 11:24:36 AM »

Have you played it or walked it Tiga?

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #474 on: November 28, 2012, 01:11:42 PM »

Tony, Went to the US Masters with an organised golf tour quite a few years ago. Playing it would be my ultimate dream but you've gotta know somebody's Grandaddy to even come close to a round of 18. I still have my programme from the event. "Golden Bell" (12th) is the most beautiful and lethal golf hole I have ever seen.

tony_montana

« Reply #475 on: November 28, 2012, 03:58:37 PM »

Tony, Went to the US Masters with an organised golf tour quite a few years ago. Playing it would be my ultimate dream but you've gotta know somebody's Grandaddy to even come close to a round of 18. I still have my programme from the event. "Golden Bell" (12th) is the most beautiful and lethal golf hole I have ever seen.

I was about to stalk and flower you with a constant stream of compliments knowing you'd have to be a very well connected guy to get on,  ;D even so, much envy Tiga, good onya mate  :thumbsup

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #476 on: November 28, 2012, 04:10:19 PM »

I was about to stalk and flower you with a constant stream of compliments knowing you'd have to be a very well connected guy to get on,  ;D even so, much envy Tiga, good onya mate  :thumbsup
Believe me I tried to hook up but failed miserably. A trip to Augusta even for a guided tour should be on every mad golfers bucket list. St Andrews is good though as you can play there anytime. All you have to do is book a round.

Rampstar

« Reply #477 on: November 28, 2012, 04:43:34 PM »
Any further pictures of the resurfacing today?

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #478 on: November 28, 2012, 06:06:18 PM »

Good point tiga, Im sick of Mr Bojangles over the top analogy's of everything!! For a 31 year member (Still never been confirmed BTW) you would think the man would have grown up by now :huh :huh

How dare you challenge the validty of my membership, ask tony montana im sure he s seen my card, ill show him again on sunday if i havent. And put your your head back up the clacker, i wont aploigise for for being effusive in my praise on a bleedin fan site ::)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 07:37:53 PM by bojangles17 »

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #479 on: November 28, 2012, 06:17:58 PM »
I think action needs to be taken here