Author Topic: Richmond to wear Dreamtime guernsey against Hawthorn.  (Read 12293 times)

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
Re: Richmond to wear Dreamtime guernsey against Hawthorn.
« Reply #60 on: July 30, 2015, 04:19:16 PM »
The villain has been booed throughout history.
It just so happen that the villain is a sook, in his instance.
He's responsible for his actions over the years that have seen him cast himself as such.
It's theatre.
LMAO.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #61 on: July 30, 2015, 04:20:56 PM »

He has not had an affair with a team mates wife

Well you need to be heterosexual first to do that kind of thing....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #62 on: July 30, 2015, 04:21:22 PM »
and white
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #63 on: July 30, 2015, 04:22:55 PM »
Majak Daw says hello....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #64 on: July 30, 2015, 04:25:38 PM »
He's responsible for his actions over the years that have seen him cast himself as such.
It's theatre.
LMAO.

You lose all credibility when you posted the Goodes / Hunt picture in another thread.
We all know that there was nothing in that incident , but you use it to highlight your agenda.
I call you a muckraker .
Unleash the tornado

dwaino

« Reply #65 on: July 30, 2015, 04:26:07 PM »

so clearly, the best coke player in question is a white supremacist nazi.

Should recruit him then...he'd have a handy goose step....

And if putsch came to shove would have a great stiff arm.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #66 on: July 30, 2015, 04:30:28 PM »
It's theatre.
LMAO.

You lose all credibility when you posted the Goodes / Hunt picture in another thread.
We all know that there was nothing in that incident , but you use it to highlight your agenda.
I call you a muckraker .

I call you a sheep, lost in the woods of political correctness, so deep into the foliage that you can no longer see the trees nor the humor in their agenda.
You also speak on behalf of those who support booing him for the right reasons when you
attempt to suppress such behaviour.
As judgemental as the next guy.
Lol
The irony.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #67 on: July 30, 2015, 04:33:38 PM »
Apologies for calling you a muckraker . I meant to say mudslinger.

So why did you post the Goodes / Hunt pic ?

What was your intention for doing this ?
Unleash the tornado

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #68 on: July 30, 2015, 04:48:36 PM »
Why wouldn't I use it?

It's no more an underhanded tactic that that sneaky bastard is pulling.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #69 on: July 30, 2015, 04:52:39 PM »
He should be traded to Essendon
Caracella and Balmey.

Online eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #70 on: July 30, 2015, 05:04:22 PM »
I don't care if it's racism or not - this is extreme bullying and it needs to stop.

I see some of the stuff that is being posted on OER and Facebook and I just shake my head.

I remember going to the cricket back in 1988 ( I was 15 at the time ) . It was the WACA test where Geoff Lawson got his jaw broken and Merv got his unusual hat trick.
The abuse that the West Indian players recieved that day was disgusting . Monkey and gorilla noises all day - Bananas being thrown onto the field - all in the name of fun

This is the society that Adam Goodes has had to grow up in , but people call him a sook and tell him he needs to get over it. I suspect growing up aboriginal in Victoria was not a pleasant experience at times.

I just see a man - standing up for his principles . He has been a champion footballer.
He has never been linked to any drug scandals
He has no ties with any bikie or underworld figures
He has never been charged with violence against women.

I am very proud of the Richmond football club for making a stand . Our players obviously respect Goodes and think he is a man of good character. I think they are in a better position to judge than us keyboard warriors / snipers.

Booing for racist purposes is simply not acceptable behaviour. If people are booing because he is advocating for indigenous people then clearly that is racist behaviour. However the motives of the people who are booing are not clear. If he is being booed because he staged for a free kick then clearly that is not racist behaviour. One has to be very careful in making broad statements that the booing is being made by people who are racist without supporting evidence. It goes against the fundamental principle of our society of the presumption of innocence. To classify all people who are booing as racist is defamatory behaviour. It is clear he is very sensitive on the issue of booing and as a result people need to be careful in their actions.

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #71 on: July 30, 2015, 05:48:30 PM »
In my book, from now on if you boo Goodes, you're a racist.

And serious question

What about those who don't boo but don't like the bloke for reasons that have nothing to do with his race? Are they racists too?

Or those who don't agree with his divisive comments on indigenous issues, but again they don't boo him? Are they racists?

Or is it just the booers?

Because going by the media commentary over the last 72 hours in particular anyone who has a negative opinion of the bloke is a racist.

People who booed (past tense) Adam Goodes arn't necessarily racists and people should be aloud to boo whomever they like. However, given the muddied circumstances in the current, if you didn't like Adam Goodes but KNEW you were associating with racists; to continue booing is to be an accessory to the fact.

Adam Goodes hasn't made any divisive comments on indigenous issues; he's spoken of facts and of uncomfortable truths. These are NOT divisive insofar as they are not related to divided opinions. FACTS of horrible historical mistreatment and of genocide of Aboriginals are largely accepted as truths. What is divisive are peoples interpretations and understandings. I think people are largely ill-informed and ignorant of a lot of the detail of treatment of indigenous Australians. Adam Goodes speaks about how this needs to change and we need to be more accepting of this part of history - which he has every right to do. Id go so far as to say if you call these actions 'divisive' then you're being revisionist along racial lines.

So yes, given now that we have a groundswell of Australians asserting that whilst disliking and booing a footballer is and should be acceptable, when your boos are masking an undertone of racial proportions it now makes your boos racist by association and I think this is a fair summation. 

After all, its not up to the individual (white, middleclass, privileged) to determine if their own actions and words are racist - its up to society as a whole. A cultural cringe of this magnitude suggests unequivocally that YES these actions are deemed to be racist. If you boo Adam Goodes now, you're a racist.

tony_montana

« Reply #72 on: July 30, 2015, 05:51:43 PM »
I don't care if it's racism or not - this is extreme bullying and it needs to stop.

I see some of the stuff that is being posted on OER and Facebook and I just shake my head.

I remember going to the cricket back in 1988 ( I was 15 at the time ) . It was the WACA test where Geoff Lawson got his jaw broken and Merv got his unusual hat trick.
The abuse that the West Indian players recieved that day was disgusting . Monkey and gorilla noises all day - Bananas being thrown onto the field - all in the name of fun

This is the society that Adam Goodes has had to grow up in , but people call him a sook and tell him he needs to get over it. I suspect growing up aboriginal in Victoria was not a pleasant experience at times.

I just see a man - standing up for his principles . He has been a champion footballer.

I am very proud of the Richmond football club for making a stand . Our players obviously respect Goodes and think he is a man of good character. I think they are in a better position to judge than us keyboard warriors / snipers.

if wankers like Gil, Andrew Ireland and various social commentators weren't so quick to ply the race card, it wouldn't be what it is now. If likeminded muppets actually tempered their ridiculous "you are 100% racist" views, we wouldn't be where we are. People are very angry at being labelled and finally the majority have dug their heels in and said stuff you! Until the other side concede that its not all racist this will not go away

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #73 on: July 30, 2015, 05:54:49 PM »
In my book, from now on if you boo Goodes, you're a racist.

And serious question

What about those who don't boo but don't like the bloke for reasons that have nothing to do with his race? Are they racists too?

Or those who don't agree with his divisive comments on indigenous issues, but again they don't boo him? Are they racists?

Or is it just the booers?

Because going by the media commentary over the last 72 hours in particular anyone who has a negative opinion of the bloke is a racist.

People who booed (past tense) Adam Goodes arn't necessarily racists and people should be aloud to boo whomever they like. However, given the muddied circumstances in the current, if you didn't like Adam Goodes but KNEW you were associating with racists; to continue booing is to be an accessory to the fact.

Adam Goodes hasn't made any divisive comments on indigenous issues; he's spoken of facts and of uncomfortable truths. These are NOT divisive insofar as they are not related to divided opinions. FACTS of horrible historical mistreatment and of genocide of Aboriginals are largely accepted as truths. What is divisive are peoples interpretations and understandings. I think people are largely ill-informed and ignorant of a lot of the detail of treatment of indigenous Australians. Adam Goodes speaks about how this needs to change and we need to be more accepting of this part of history - which he has every right to do. Id go so far as to say if you call these actions 'divisive' then you're being revisionist along racial lines.

So yes, given now that we have a groundswell of Australians asserting that whilst disliking and booing a footballer is and should be acceptable, when your boos are masking an undertone of racial proportions it now makes your boos racist by association and I think this is a fair summation. 

After all, its not up to the individual (white, middleclass, privileged) to determine if their own actions and words are racist - its up to society as a whole. A cultural cringe of this magnitude suggests unequivocally that YES these actions are deemed to be racist. If you boo Adam Goodes now, you're a racist.
so what happens now if goodes snipes or belts an opposition player?

are the supporters allowed to jeer him for his actions?

-------------

tony has nailed it
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #74 on: July 30, 2015, 06:01:35 PM »

:thumbsup

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.