Author Topic: Harley Bennell [merged]  (Read 141758 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Tigers to weigh up Harley Bennell/Out of the Race
« Reply #630 on: April 16, 2017, 03:44:24 PM »
INJURED Fremantle midfielder Harley Bennell was removed from a Gold Coast bound flight shortly after boarding due to intoxication on Saturday.

Bennell, whose latest calf injury has him sidelined for at least another two months, has been on club-approved leave since Friday and drank alcohol on the Friday and Saturday.

He flew from Perth to Melbourne earlier on Saturday.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-04-16/drunk-docker-thrown-off-flight-in-latest-drama

Thankfully, we rejected picking him up.

Dougeytherichmondfan

Re: Harley Bennell [merged]
« Reply #631 on: April 16, 2017, 03:54:36 PM »
Real shame we didn't end up snaring him. If only Dusty was mates with him....

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #632 on: January 09, 2018, 04:40:24 PM »
AN apparent nightclub scuffle has put the career of Fremantle Dockers star Harley Bennell in doubt.

The club has confirmed it is investigating the incident, which allegedly happened only hours before Bennell was a no-show at training.

In vision obtained by Seven News, a man is seen wrestling security guards inside club 189 in Fremantle around 11.45pm (local time) on Sunday night.

The people who filmed it claim the man involved is Fremantle midfielder Harley Bennell.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/harley-bennells-future-with-fremantle-in-doubt-after-failing-to-show-for-training/news-story/c835e00ced03b28815c8db0f15cb689c

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #633 on: January 09, 2018, 07:58:23 PM »
There is some gold in this thread with some classic melt downs about not getting Bennel.

And as usual a few astute posters picked this remarkably well. 

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tigers to weigh up Harley Bennell [update]
« Reply #634 on: January 09, 2018, 08:41:07 PM »
X3

Sack Blair and they might have a chance
yeah he s done a shocking job re signing our stable of stars , lets get the carlton, Collingwood or ESS bloke  ::)  :banghead
Yeah that same stable of stars that are yet to make top 4  or even  win a final. How long has Blair been there now??? Whats that i hear, seven years!!!!. So far Blair has reigned over nothing more than mediocrity and on field very little has been achieved. Maybe just maybe Blair is signing players he shouldn't and for too long.

You know like the coach and the players, club personell in certain roles,  the roles Hartley 7 yrs  and Jackson 10 yrs, are in. Well their performance can be measured by success. After all success depends upon them. Yet after all that time we still can,t win a final even against a 9th placed side or make the top 8. How long do you want us to wait.
In many ways we are no closer to a premiership today  than we were in  the 2012 season despite top 8 finishes.

:lol

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #635 on: October 09, 2018, 01:12:57 PM »
Further proof that we were right to pass on Bennell.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #636 on: October 09, 2018, 02:35:01 PM »
Would still offer him a rookie contract..... :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #637 on: October 09, 2018, 04:26:03 PM »
We looked at him last time and he didn't show up. No way will we waste our time on him again.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #638 on: October 09, 2018, 08:36:19 PM »
Thanks for the bump on this thread it was great to reread that classic Claw post

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #639 on: November 10, 2018, 08:25:24 PM »
Thanks for the bump on this thread it was great to reread that classic Claw post
I thought your post saying we should pack up and relocate to Perth because he wanted to return to his home state was a classic. :lol
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #640 on: November 10, 2018, 09:04:45 PM »
I thought your post saying we should pack up and relocate to Perth because he wanted to return to his home state was a classic. :lol

How times have changed, now the big fish want to come to us

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #641 on: November 07, 2019, 12:24:37 AM »
Bump. This guy's trying to get back on the park with the Dees. Between Bikies, Booze and Cocaine has this guy got a hope?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
‘I started tearing up’: Bennell reveals Grand Final heartbreak

February 16, 2020
Ben Waterworth
FOX SPORTS

New Demon Harley Bennell has revealed he became emotional and envious as he watched some of his former Suns teammates bask in Richmond’s premiership glory last year.

Bennell, who played 83 games for Gold Coast and Fremantle across nine years, recently joined Melbourne’s 2020 list via the pre-season supplemental selection period (SPP).

His first meeting with the Demons late last year is the main feature in Part 2 of Melbourne’s five-part documentary series ‘To Hell and Back’.

Coach Simon Goodwin, football manager Josh Mahoney, director of coaching Alan Richardson and recruiting manager Jason Taylor were all in the room as the club pondered whether to give Bennell an AFL lifeline.

Asked by Taylor whether he enjoyed watching footy as a fan, Bennell reflected on his 2019 Grand Final experience, where he watched several Suns-turned-Tigers celebrate on the premiership dais.

“After the Grand Final, I had to leave before the siren went,” Bennell is heard saying in ‘To Hell and Back’.

“We watched it at my brother’s house. I went back home and just seeing Josh Caddy, Dion Prestia and Tom Lynch, I actually went home and started tearing up

“Because they’re in Grand Finals, they’re playing in Grand Finals and I’m injured, no contract – nothing.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/i-started-tearing-up-harley-bennell-opens-up-on-tough-2019-grand-final-experience/news-story/3a65e07a2169edf13c1ad1558bc19243

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #643 on: February 17, 2020, 07:26:52 AM »
Loser

Typical of the why me brigade. Work hard is what they did, something Harley has failed to do since the day he was drafted

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #644 on: February 17, 2020, 10:23:06 AM »
Good to hear.

Flog and junkie of the highest order.

I hope he runs out for a game with the Dees vs Tigers on Anzac eve and gets cleaned up by a Stack bump then does his calf again. Career over.

And to think we could have ended up paying this guy Yarran-like money over 4 years. FMD.