Author Topic: Jacob Townsend [merged]  (Read 126925 times)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tigers interested in Giants' Jacob Townsend
« Reply #45 on: October 09, 2015, 11:24:38 PM »
just think about that statement
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #46 on: October 09, 2015, 11:25:34 PM »
just think about that statement

Yes.....do so please.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #47 on: October 09, 2015, 11:28:26 PM »
seriously, just consider what is being said. surely i dont have to spell it out?

Oh, OK then, maybe i do.

If a kid is unknown, how much potential can he have?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #48 on: October 09, 2015, 11:32:35 PM »
 :sleep :sleep :sleep...........I am very tired now, the RFC with their years of failure during the lead up to FA/Trade week have worn me down... :snidegrin
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #49 on: October 09, 2015, 11:32:58 PM »
The club that keeps giving.

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #50 on: October 10, 2015, 12:19:53 AM »
Townsend is a gun. Watched him play quite a few games in the NEAFL this year. Averaged over 20 disposals and in his only game for the Giants this year, racked up 22.
He is a tough midfielder and a very capable tagger. Doesn't take any crap and ALWAYS goes hard at the footy. Would be a great pickup. Like Miles, has been starved of opportunities due to the Giants having so many high quality mids.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #51 on: October 10, 2015, 02:42:00 AM »
He is our ………..

Thanks for that.

I'm still laughing.  :rollin
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #52 on: October 10, 2015, 02:43:14 AM »
Need another 30 of him.

Get it done RFC.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #53 on: October 10, 2015, 06:32:04 AM »
Saw a highlights reel of this kid and he s a tackling machine , must be his rugby union background , get the deal done and out some work into how to use our r1 pick  :clapping
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #54 on: October 10, 2015, 07:29:36 AM »
Saw a highlights reel of this kid and he s a tackling machine , must be his rugby union background , get the deal done and out some work into how to use our r1 pick  :clapping

link?

Online Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #55 on: October 10, 2015, 07:30:28 AM »
Plodder!

Pies get Treloar and Aish we get this guy. FMFD we are hopeless

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #56 on: October 10, 2015, 10:14:18 AM »
if we get him on the cheap then sure get him into the side. But why are we going for these 'tough big bodied' types? we have a few of these types in the team already. what we need is a classy speedster that kicks goals. I thought the lack of firepower we have when lids goes down would mean we would need another classy goalkicker

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #57 on: October 10, 2015, 10:22:19 AM »
if we get him on the cheap then sure get him into the side. But why are we going for these 'tough big bodied' types? we have a few of these types in the team already. what we need is a classy speedster that kicks goals. I thought the lack of firepower we have when lids goes down would mean we would need another classy goalkicker
Absolutely agree. We have one of the biggest bodied players in the AFL in Thomas and we hardly played him. What's with the club? When Thomas played he actually played well and got the pill. I'm not a fan of his, but if the club really felt we were deficient in that area, surely they would have played him in the final ahead of Conca or Griffiths, or at least played him a lot more!
This reeks of pushing the panic button as a result of one game - the elimination final. We lost that game because Maric got mauled and none of our stars turned up to play. The only guy with any outside run at all that day was McIntosh. I doubt a guy who cannot get a game with the GWS would have made the difference, as good an inside player as he might be.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #58 on: October 10, 2015, 12:15:26 PM »
I know nothing about this kid but is he just another Nathan Gordon type?
To be totally honest from the little bit I have read about him, I think he is.
No real weapon by the sound of it. Tackling isn't even close to enough at this level.
"Big bodied mid" at 186cm he isn't big. Take a look at Cripps, Barlow, Mundy, Fyfe......

We need guys that are going to push players like Grigg, Houli, Chaplin, Hunt out of the side. Not players that might be simular to these types.

I'd rather take an unknown kid in the draft that potentially may become an upgrade of those "recycled" players I mention. They have all played a roll but it's time to upgrade everyone of them....and some.

Townsend 186/89
Cripps 193/90
Barlow 189/91
Mundy 192/89
Fyfe 190/85

He's a touch shorter than that bunch, but a very similar weight. So he's probably the same size or bigger if there's any difference due to being shorter.

We need blokes who will tackle and take the inside pressure off Cotchin. Have never seen anybody on our list tackle a bloke like Townsend did on Ryan Griffin. So if he's cheap he's worth a crack. Could be a hidden gem like Miles...

Who are these 'few' in the team already? Arnot - never really played inside mid. Thomas never really played but should have been. That's it?

Absolutely agree. We have one of the biggest bodied players in the AFL in Thomas and we hardly played him. What's with the club? When Thomas played he actually played well and got the pill. I'm not a fan of his, but if the club really felt we were deficient in that area, surely they would have played him in the final ahead of Conca or Griffiths, or at least played him a lot more!
This reeks of pushing the panic button as a result of one game - the elimination final. We lost that game because Maric got mauled and none of our stars turned up to play. The only guy with any outside run at all that day was McIntosh. I doubt a guy who cannot get a game with the GWS would have made the difference, as good an inside player as he might be.

Thomas is listed at 186/87. Smaller than Townsend. And by your own admission we should have played him in the EF - a sentiment I have also echoed recently.

Just remember Miles didn't get many games at GWS at all and he was IMHO the only bloke who really stood up in the EF. McIntosh tried too. If Townsend comes cheap and has the potential to be the next Miles why shouldn't we have a crack? God knows we need big bodies in the midfield. Look at the North mids - they smashed us due to their size. Higgins, Ziebell, Swallow, Cunnington etc. Bigger/tougher men.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #59 on: October 10, 2015, 12:52:07 PM »
who cares what his height is, if he can assist us in being a contender then his a good recruit.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.