Author Topic: VFL R1: Richmond vs Williamstown --- Sun. Apr 10 @ Burbank Oval  (Read 12127 times)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: VFL R1: Richmond vs Williamstown --- Sun. Apr 10 @ Burbank Oval
« Reply #135 on: April 12, 2016, 06:57:09 PM »
- We needed Liam to provide an option 35 or so meters down the line where the ball was going to go.
So he has a unique skill set but it he needs to play tall at times and that does not appear natural for him and it hurt us at times on Sunday.

Exactly. It'll be good if he could take a contested mark or two but for now all he needs to do is at least hit a pack and continually bring the ball to ground. Too damn lazy

Instead of tryin to make the leading Vfl goal kicker winner into something he is not, why not just play him next to jack Riewoldt 

Then jack can be that option. McBean can kick goals

Revolutionary, I know

Ah, so you don't think when it's a players turn to go they have to go? I guess you cut Ellis some slack too because crashing into packs is something he's not so why bother?

not quite sure wtf you are on about - i think b ellis is a squib

And McBean is lazy. But why bother changing either of those things because that's the type of player they are ey?

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #136 on: April 12, 2016, 07:08:52 PM »
- We needed Liam to provide an option 35 or so meters down the line where the ball was going to go.
So he has a unique skill set but it he needs to play tall at times and that does not appear natural for him and it hurt us at times on Sunday.

Exactly. It'll be good if he could take a contested mark or two but for now all he needs to do is at least hit a pack and continually bring the ball to ground. Too damn lazy

Instead of tryin to make the leading Vfl goal kicker winner into something he is not, why not just play him next to jack Riewoldt 

Revolutionary, I know

Ah, so you don't think when it's a players turn to go they have to go? I guess you cut Ellis some slack too because crashing into packs is something he's not so why bother?

And McBean is lazy. But why bother changing either of those things because that's the type of player they are ey?

cause one wins medals for numbers of goals kicked in the sport where the point is to kick goals called football

the other is a dime a dozen, soft, sideways kicking princess

its not a democracy captain planet

Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #137 on: April 12, 2016, 07:26:36 PM »

Revolutionary, I know

cause one wins medals for numbers of goals kicked in the sport where the point is to kick goals called football

Yep and why bother changing it ey?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #138 on: April 12, 2016, 09:47:16 PM »
Richmond’s VFL coach Craig McRae's summary of the AFL-listed players who featured in last Sunday’s Round 1 loss to Williamstown:

Adam Marcon
24 disposals, 16 contested possessions, eight clearances

Adam continued his good form at this level. He led the team in clearances with eight, just driving out of contests. He’s really important for us and he’s ready for AFL opportunity when it presents.

Andrew Moore
24 disposals, 15 tackles, 16 contested possessions, seven clearances

Andrew played his best game for the club with 24 disposals, 15 tackles and seven clearances and also the way he went about it. He played as that big-bodied, strong midfielder and was important to us winning clearances on the day. It was a really good performance from him.

Taylor Hunt
23 disposals, ten handball receives, 13 uncontested possessions

Taylor continues to show great leadership at this level. He had a lot of the football, playing wing mainly; his ten handball receives was a highlight. He tried to get our game up and going. I thought he was important on the day.

Jason Castagna
17 disposals, two goals, nine contested possessions, nine tackles

He played mainly forward and didn’t impact the game at all in the first quarter, and then from quarter-time onwards, he was one of the main contributors keeping us competitive. He kept us in the game with his 17 disposals, nine tackles and two goals, and he showed everyone what he’s capable of with the drive in his legs out of a stoppage and looks AFL-ready.

Steve Morris

15 disposals, five tackles, seven contested and seven uncontested possessions

He’s such a competitor, and everyone can see that when you come and watch him play, and he’s an important role model for our younger players with his attack on the ball. He played off half-back and many times gave us great drive from there.

Jake Batchelor

12 disposals, eight marks, nine uncontested possessions

Jake played his best game in a number of weeks across half-back, directing and you can continually see his leadership on the field. Led the team with eight marks across the game, in what was an important step forward for his footy this year.

Ivan Maric
11 disposals, 16 hit-outs, nine contested possessions, five clearances

Ivan played his first game for the season, he played in the ruck and also played forward so 50 per cent in each position and only played three-quarters of the game. He looked like he was moving well, and was really important in the end in winning clearances with his big body and leadership around the ground.

Oleg Markov
11 disposals, eight uncontested possession, five tackles

Oleg played on a wing and wasn’t as influential as what he’s been in recent times. He ran really hard and has great athletic ability, and in difficult windy conditions, made it difficult to get the ball to him on the open side of the ground, but when we did we benefited from that.

Nathan Broad
Ten disposals, eight uncontested possessions, three uncontested marks

Nathan played across half-back, he hasn’t shown what he’s capable of as yet, but there’s little signs each week that he’s getting better. We need him to run harder when we’ve got the ball in hand and get on the end of those chains and defend fiercely when he’s down back as well.

Ivan Soldo
20 hit-outs, one goal, ten disposals, four clearances

Ivan showed he’s improving every week, he kicked a goal and had 20 hit-outs, and played ruck only. He competed fiercely in the contest with seven contested possessions. He’s certainly got some upside about him.

Mabior Chol
Nine disposals, eight uncontested possessions, four marks

He’s floating in and out of games at the moment. He’s finding it hard to have consistency of effort for four quarters. When he plays to his strengths, we’re better for it and we’ll continually look for him to be able to do it for longer periods.

Todd Elton

Eight disposals, five contested possessions

Played as a key-back, he showed signs of getting back to his strengths in going for his marks, but he’s still learning the craft and we’re looking for improvement every week in what he’s doing.

Ben Griffiths

Five disposals, three tackles

Unfortunately he rolled his ankle early in the third quarter, but he had little impact up to that stage of the game. It was hard to judge his game due to injury.

Liam McBean
Two goals, five disposals, three contested possessions

He’s struggling a little bit with his form, we’re really asking him to get to more contests. He started the game on fire, with two goals against the breeze which really set us up for the day, but struggled to have an impact for the rest of the day.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2016-04-12/the-vfl-report-round-1

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #139 on: April 12, 2016, 09:51:41 PM »

Revolutionary, I know

The more relevant comparisons to McBean are Vickery & Griffiths....both lazy , unaccountable, soft, don't tackle, chase, apply defensive pressure or make second efforts, the latter doesn't even kick goals and it's not as if either are too skinny to be able to impose themselves physically, Vickery isn't anymore and Griffiths never was.........one is a walk up start, the other is a regular who's been given numerous chances....all while McBean rots in the VFL because he has to "learn" the same things those two clearly still haven't either and at their ages probably never will....
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 10:41:30 PM by Diocletian »
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #140 on: April 12, 2016, 10:50:04 PM »
The more relevant comparisons to McBean are Vickery & Griffiths....both lazy , unaccountable, soft, don't tackle, chase, apply defensive pressure or make second efforts, the latter doesn't even kick goals and it's not as if either are too skinny to be able to impose themselves physically, Vickery isn't anymore and Griffiths never was.........one is a walk up start, the other is a regular who's been given numerous chances....all while McBean rots in the VFL because he has to "learn" the same things those two clearly still haven't either and at their ages probably never will....

That is true but I don't know how Judge rates these players so I chose one I know he doesn't. Saying that, I don't buy into the applying pressure as much but more so just getting to contests which at this stage Vickery does much more than McBean, hell even Griff does

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #141 on: April 12, 2016, 10:55:05 PM »
Steve Morris
15 disposals, five tackles, seven contested and seven uncontested possessions

7+7=15?

Ben Griffiths[/b]
Five disposals, three tackles

Unfortunately he rolled his ankle early in the third quarter, but he had little impact up to that stage of the game. It was hard to judge his game due to injury.

I think half a game is plenty to form a judgement...

Liam McBean
we’re really asking him to get to more contests.

Sums it up

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #142 on: April 12, 2016, 11:35:01 PM »
Todd Elton

Played as a key-back, he showed signs of getting back to his strengths in going for his marks, but he’s still learning the craft and we’re looking for improvement every week in what he’s doing.

Is this a polite way of saying Elton Struggled!...? 
Poor kid actually could mark a footy until he landed at punt road.
I wonder if Craig thinks he's a complete dud and just has to be nice in his player assessments.
It doesn't matter though, we will probably keep him for another 5 years anyway just so FJ doesn't look like he wasted another round 1 pick.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #143 on: April 13, 2016, 07:05:53 AM »
Todd Elton

I wonder if Craig thinks he's a complete dud and just has to be nice in his player assessments.
It doesn't matter though, we will probably keep him for another 5 years anyway just so FJ doesn't look like he wasted another round 1 pick.
Pick 26 in the 2011 draft.
He is one that gets forgotten about. Been on the list 5 years and done/shown SFA.
Bloody BH! He must be to blame some how.
And the Bulldogs pick up  Marcus Adams at pick 35 in last years draft and is already twice the player Elton is.
It's no wonder our list has more holes than "Four floors of Whores" on NYE.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #144 on: April 13, 2016, 01:58:51 PM »
Todd Elton

2nd round pick. But whatever the sky is falling

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #145 on: April 13, 2016, 09:48:22 PM »
Todd Elton

2nd round pick. But whatever the sky is falling
I checked, it's definitely listed as a first round pick.

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_drafts?year=2011&t=N&s=P
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #146 on: April 13, 2016, 10:51:02 PM »
yeah yeah inb4 someone tells me it was more like a 3rd rounder because of GWS.

even those rookies are better than our draft selections.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #147 on: April 14, 2016, 07:02:09 AM »
to confirm from RFC Website:

Todd Elton

Draft history: 2011 AFL Draft 1st round selection (Richmond) No. 26 overall.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/player-profile/todd-elton

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #148 on: April 14, 2016, 07:21:12 AM »
To be honest though, it is only a "technical" first rounder. At pick 26 you are really just the 26th picked player and so that usually classifies you as a second rounder in most years. Just because one team had a lot of picks early on and makes this pick fall into the first round doesn't alter the fact he was thought of as the 26th best player in that draft by our football department.
I really think Todd has suffered by being played in the seconds consistently and never fast tracked like others in the firsts. When he has played he has been crucified by being matched up with the best player in the opposition side.

That was totally stupid by our (lack of) brains trust. :banghead :banghead :banghead
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #149 on: April 14, 2016, 07:44:38 AM »
Aye
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus