Author Topic: Deledio off to GWS in exchange for future first & third round picks [confirmed]  (Read 176844 times)

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
Re: Deledio interested in joining Cats [update]
« Reply #600 on: October 11, 2016, 07:44:03 PM »
:lol :lol

Seem to remember when Caddy was leaving the Suns people on here wanted him , said he was going to be a gun and were peeved that the Tigers didn't go after him  :lol

So It seems to me it doesn't matter who we got from Geelong it wouldn't  be enough

I'd take Caddy as part of the deal, throw in another player say the young lad Kolijaz (not sure how to spell it) and I'd say deal  :thumbsup

Serious pot shot at site members or stirring the pot?

"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
Re: Deledio interested in joining Cats / Tigers after Caddy in return [update]
« Reply #601 on: October 11, 2016, 07:50:48 PM »
Cady was an a grade prospect four years ago

Now he's alright

Moving difference Wp doesn't want to look at
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #602 on: October 11, 2016, 09:03:52 PM »

Seem to remember when Caddy was leaving the Suns people on here wanted him , said he was going to be a gun and were peeved that the Tigers didn't go after him  :lol

So It seems to me it doesn't matter who we got from Geelong it wouldn't  be enough

I'd take Caddy as part of the deal, throw in another player say the young lad Kolijaz (not sure how to spell it) and I'd say deal  :thumbsup

Serious pot shot at site members or stirring the pot?

Neither just making an observation and giving an opinion
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #603 on: October 11, 2016, 09:05:23 PM »

Is there anyone here that wouldn't trade lids for koladash and caddy??

Doubt that. We would be laughing I rate that kid.

This is a trade for caddy for lids which given his output so far would not be a wise move. He hasn't come on.

Trade him elsewhere and give us a pick around 15
Caddy would be or 3rd best midfielder at the club. We have a plethora of sh/7

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #604 on: October 11, 2016, 09:07:12 PM »
From Foxsports.com.au via Twitter
Jake Niall

RICHMOND has already spoken to Geelong midfielder Josh Caddy about a possible move to Punt Road with Caddy seen as the obvious trade for Brett Deledio.

Caddy is understood to have spoken to the Tigers in recent days prior to going overseas and his management have also been in contact with Richmond which identified the strong midfielder as a potential exchange for Deledio, who wants to join the Cats.

But Geelong, while aware of Richmond’s interest, has not offered Caddy to the Tigers as part of any Deledio trade. The Cats acknowledge the deal must involve a player being shifted out due to salary cap concerns and the need to satisfy Richmond.

Caddy has emerged as a potential solution — provided Geelong is willing to trade him — after Steven Motlop, long considered the suitable trade for the Cats, was rejected as an option by the Tigers.

Richmond has told Deledio that he might not be traded to the Cats and that he could be stuck at Tigerland in 2017, the last year of his hefty contract which will see him paid in excess of $700,000. Deledio would almost certainly renegotiate a new deal in order to fit under Geelong’s salary cap and extend his contract.

Deledio understands and accepts the club’s position, though he is keen on a move having requested the trade to Geelong to freshen up his career. Richmond has been adamant that it will not trade the two-time best and fairest winner and two-time All-Australian without a worthwhile return, either in draft picks or a player.

Geelong has been hamstrung by the lack of a first-round draft pick, having traded it to Carlton for Lachie Henderson during last year’s trade period. But the Cats will not make an application for the AFL to use their 2017 first round selection in this deal, which is permitted under the rules.

Caddy fits Richmond’s need for a strong inside midfielder with size. He is behind both Patrick Dangerfield and Joel Selwood in the Cats’ pecking order for stoppage-type players, and Caddy did not have a great season in 2016. He played 18 games averaging 20.2 disposals, finishing outside the top ten in Geelong’s best and fairest count.

Richmond is in discussions with Gold Coast over Dion Prestia, in a deal that will almost certainly involve the Tigers giving up pick six. They have told the Suns they want a pick back in return for number six as apart of the Prestia deal, which is expected to go through in the coming days.

The Tigers are also likely to pick up ruckman Toby Nankervis from Sydney, having offered him greater opportunities and a two-year contract.

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #605 on: October 11, 2016, 09:13:08 PM »
From Foxsports.com.au via Twitter
Jake Niall

RICHMOND has already spoken to Geelong midfielder Josh Caddy about a possible move to Punt Road with Caddy seen as the obvious trade for Brett Deledio.

Caddy is understood to have spoken to the Tigers in recent days prior to going overseas and his management have also been in contact with Richmond which identified the strong midfielder as a potential exchange for Deledio, who wants to join the Cats.

But Geelong, while aware of Richmond’s interest, has not offered Caddy to the Tigers as part of any Deledio trade. The Cats acknowledge the deal must involve a player being shifted out due to salary cap concerns and the need to satisfy Richmond.

Caddy has emerged as a potential solution — provided Geelong is willing to trade him — after Steven Motlop, long considered the suitable trade for the Cats, was rejected as an option by the Tigers.

Richmond has told Deledio that he might not be traded to the Cats and that he could be stuck at Tigerland in 2017, the last year of his hefty contract which will see him paid in excess of $700,000. Deledio would almost certainly renegotiate a new deal in order to fit under Geelong’s salary cap and extend his contract.

Deledio understands and accepts the club’s position, though he is keen on a move having requested the trade to Geelong to freshen up his career. Richmond has been adamant that it will not trade the two-time best and fairest winner and two-time All-Australian without a worthwhile return, either in draft picks or a player.

Geelong has been hamstrung by the lack of a first-round draft pick, having traded it to Carlton for Lachie Henderson during last year’s trade period. But the Cats will not make an application for the AFL to use their 2017 first round selection in this deal, which is permitted under the rules.

Caddy fits Richmond’s need for a strong inside midfielder with size. He is behind both Patrick Dangerfield and Joel Selwood in the Cats’ pecking order for stoppage-type players, and Caddy did not have a great season in 2016. He played 18 games averaging 20.2 disposals, finishing outside the top ten in Geelong’s best and fairest count.

Richmond is in discussions with Gold Coast over Dion Prestia, in a deal that will almost certainly involve the Tigers giving up pick six. They have told the Suns they want a pick back in return for number six as apart of the Prestia deal, which is expected to go through in the coming days.

The Tigers are also likely to pick up ruckman Toby Nankervis from Sydney, having offered him greater opportunities and a two-year contract.

Wow, overall sounds like we're actually doing ok.

Deledio for Caddy  :thumbsup

Prestia for a downgrade of pick 6 (possibly 22 & 23)  :thumbsup

Nankervis   :thumbsup

Hampson to head back to the VFL for most of '17  :birthday :santa :santa :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #606 on: October 11, 2016, 09:19:47 PM »
Richmond eyes Geelong’s Josh Caddy in deal for Brett Deledio

JAY CLARK
Herald Sun
October 11, 2016 7:15pm

RICHMOND wants to prise hard nut Josh Caddy out of Geelong in return for Brett Deledio.

The Tigers have informed Geelong they are keen on Caddy to help support captain Trent Cotchin and superstar Dustin Martin inside its bolstered midfield next season.

But Cats sources said the club was reluctant to lose Caddy in a straight swap and is aware it could potentially land Deledio, 29, for nothing at the end of 2017.

Richmond is also on the brink of landing Caddy’s former Gold Coast teammate, Dion Prestia, in the coming days, potentially in return for the Tigers’ No. 6 pick.

Caddie and Prestia, who are both 24 and were originally taken with top-10 picks in the 2010 national draft, would inject much-needed steel into Richmond’s midfield set-up next season as the club attempts to re-enter the finals mix under Damien Hardwick.

The Tigers averaged the third-least number of stoppages wins last season, with 22 per game.

The Cats were on Tuesday night considering Richmond’s request but have not ruled out waiting another year to secure Deledio, 29, for nothing as a free agent at the end of 2017.

Geelong goal kicking great Billy Brownless said it was a worthy deal for the Cats.

“Caddy is good, but he didn’t kick on this year,” Brownless said on Triple M.

“We were waiting for him to kick on, because he can be a very hard tough midfielder, which they want.

“But I would love to see Deledio there and if this is going to make it work, well, let’s do the deal.”

Caddy has been a solid servant in Geelong’s midfield over the past four seasons but did not finish in the top 10 of the Cats’ best-and-fairest this season, despite finishing with 18 games and 21 goals for the year.

He averaged 20 disposals a game this season, including nine contested possessions and seven score involvements, which is ranked elite for a midfielder, according to Champion Data.

Caddy is contracted at Geelong for two more seasons.

His potential replacement, Deledio, would almost certainly have to accept a pay cut in the vicinity of $200,000 to make the move to Geelong and be part of their premiership push next season.

Deledio was believed to be on about $800,000 at Punt Rd next season but would have to accept substantially less to fit into the Cats’ tight pay scale.

Deledio’s parents and brother, Matt, live on the Surf Coast.

Geelong also wants to secure speedy Carlton backman Zach Tuohy, but Cats list chief Stephen Wells said it would be tough to land both Tuohy and Deledio.

Wells said both players approached Geelong about swapping clubs.

“We received an approach through their managers late in the season for us to consider those boys coming to join us at Geelong,” Wells said.

“Of course with players of the quality of those two we have an interest, we would love them to come and play at Geelong.”

Wells said the Cats might have to orchestrate a three-way trade to grab Deledio.

“That’s probably the way it’ll have to happen,” Wells said.

“I think they’re also mindful of the fact that he is getting closer to 30 and is a free agent at the end of next year as well.

“We’ve got a lot of work to sort that out.”

Caddy was traded to Geelong at the end of 2012 as part of the Cats’ compensation for losing superstar Gary Ablett.

If Caddy departed, Geelong could fill the onball void with hardball winner Sam Menagola or George Horlin-Smith.

Caddy is well-known to former Geelong football manager Neil Balme, who last month took over Richmond’s football department.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/geelong/richmond-eyes-geelongs-josh-caddy-in-deal-for-brett-deledio/news-story/886e85c30e81ab1841199742d73eb4b6

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #607 on: October 11, 2016, 11:38:23 PM »
Caddy big time finals player it seems

Will fit in nicely at Punt Road :gotigers

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #608 on: October 12, 2016, 12:00:49 AM »
I hope this happens.

caddy will still be winning clearances after delido has retired.

Lids knows he hasn't got long left in the game, and it seems he reckons he is more likely to win a premiership at geelong.

Prestia and him make our side better and give us lot of grunt, hard ball winning and acceptable disposal.

When was last time we used our draft picks and ended up with two players that can earn their keep from the one draft?

Draft picks are soooo over rated.

If we got these two and didn't have a first round pick id be happy.

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #609 on: October 12, 2016, 12:52:06 AM »
Do not want. Overall he has been average at best, failed too often to stand up in pressure games and that is after what 6 or 7 seasons.
He has been disappointiung to watch and when you dig deeper he has been disappointing statistically as well.
Personally id rather keep Deledio and i am one who has thought Brett is an ideal one to trade out.

Jackstar 1960

« Reply #610 on: October 12, 2016, 06:46:06 AM »
Mail is mixed messages from the Tigers
Want draft pick for Lids, not want player ( caddy )
Who knows what's going on
Cats were going to move on two players for a draft pick in return, then on trade the pick to the Tigers for Lids
Now that we want a player ???

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #611 on: October 12, 2016, 06:55:13 AM »
Mail is mixed messages from the Tigers
Want draft pick for Lids, not want player ( caddy )
Who knows what's going on
Cats were going to move on two players for a draft pick in return, then on trade the pick to the Tigers for Lids
Now that we want a player ???
Well to be fair, it needs to be mixed messages because the possibilities are mixed. No point speculating on what pick we may get because they don't have one to give. The only thing they have is players and they need to trade them away for picks to give us or just trade the player straight to us.

I get the feeling that Lids has left his run too late.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #612 on: October 12, 2016, 06:57:20 AM »
I hope this happens.

caddy will still be winning clearances after delido has retired.

Lids knows he hasn't got long left in the game, and it seems he reckons he is more likely to win a premiership at geelong.

Prestia and him make our side better and give us lot of grunt, hard ball winning and acceptable disposal.

When was last time we used our draft picks and ended up with two players that can earn their keep from the one draft?

Draft picks are soooo over rated.

If we got these two and didn't have a first round pick id be happy.

Stop being logical. It dampens the hysteria
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Jackstar 1960

« Reply #613 on: October 12, 2016, 07:06:31 AM »
But the Tigers wanted another draft pick to on trade to the Gold Coast
Draft pick is extremely important to us

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #614 on: October 12, 2016, 07:13:26 AM »
But the Tigers wanted another draft pick to on trade to the Gold Coast
Draft pick is extremely important to us
Need to try to get GWS involved. They have picks 15 & 16. If Geelong want to offload Motlop, he would be a good fit for GWS. They give 15 to Geelong who pass it onto us for Lids. We pass on the pick to GC with a player ?Lennon/Conca. Prestia to us.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.