Author Topic: Wins in 2006?  (Read 3103 times)

Offline Mopsy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Once a Tiger always a Tiger
Re: Wins in 2006?
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2006, 09:10:37 PM »
Interesting to read your analysis M.T.

Where the problems observed by you today attributable to the deliverer or the recipient or just plain both????

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2006, 06:27:47 PM »
Where the problems observed by you today attributable to the deliverer or the recipient or just plain both????

I would say the deliverer Mopsy.  The only time Terry went crook at the forwards was when Pat Bowden stopped leading when he thought the other forward were in a better position to receive the ball. Terry told him you always have to keep presenting even if you're not used.

The running to position to receive the footy by either hand or foot was very good IMO. It was only drill work but we appeared to be a smarter footy side compared to last year. Some nice peripherial vision on display yesterday. The real stuff will see if that is kept up under game pressure.

Just every now and then there would be a sloppy handball which broke down the move although that improved over the session. The kicking was good in open play however the final kick inside 50 over say 30-40m would be just a tad off the mark too often for my liking given the lack of pressure compared to a real game. The occasional pass would be either just a bit too low at the feet or too high at the tips of fingers. A leading forward shouldn't either have to stop and prop to mark as if he had a defender on him the ball would be smacked away. It was a one of our main problems last year. We didn't capitalise from our inside 50s as we should had.

I was at the end where the forward set-up was so I noticed the final pass of the end-to-end move more. There was no one or two players you could point the finger at and young guys like White and Meyer didn't make a mistake. Inconsistency is the word that comes to mind more than anything else.   
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2006, 09:06:20 PM »
One more cleanout, one more new group to come through...Thorp Sellar whoever...Tiges are on their way...just not in 2006.

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2006, 01:39:44 PM »
While I was busy doing absolutely nothing the other week, I went through our draw and had a hard time coming up with 9 wins, which was being generous.

9 would be a reasonable result.
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

Offline Razorblade

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2006, 02:07:58 PM »
I just went through the draw then, i came up with 10 wins and about 4 maybe's.

For stuffing once we are playing Brisbane in Melbourne, although i would have preferred it to be at the MCG!

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2006, 02:15:03 PM »
When I did what you guys did recently I came up with 4 wins and 4 maybes for a maximum of 8 wins. If we only get 4 wins...do we get a priority and when is that priority available...pre first round or 2nd.

Offline Razorblade

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2006, 02:58:21 PM »
It's start of 2nd round now isn't it?

Question: Can the new priority picks be traded or are they like the old ones and are untradeable?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2006, 04:57:20 PM »

You're right Razor.

I think IIRC it becomes pre-first round if you have 2 years in a row of only 4 wins in a season.

Question: Can the new priority picks be traded or are they like the old ones and are untradeable?

The old ones were tradeable. Freo traded their priority pick (selection #1) to Hawthorn for Trent Croad lol in the 2001 super draft. Hawks then used it to pick up Luke Hodge.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2006, 05:16:01 PM »
While I was busy doing absolutely nothing the other week, I went through our draw and had a hard time coming up with 9 wins, which was being generous.

9 would be a reasonable result.

There are no certainties and there's always upset wins and losses (bloody Carlton  :scream) but when I did this I got the 6 wins + 10 other chances that could go either way on the day.

We have a good record against Sydney, our recent record over the past 2 years against the Lions at the Gabba has been good. The Freo game depends on which Freo side turns up. Same goes with the Dees. We played Melbourne when they were in their best form. With the the Roos I might be stretching it a bit as they always seem to lift just for us :banghead.   

Probables (6): Blues (x2), Bombers (x2), Hawks, Pies. 

Possibles (10): Dogs (x2), Swans (x2), Brisbane (x2), Freo, Roos, Dees, West Coast (in Melb). 

Unlikely (6): Saints (x2), West Coast (in Perth), Adelaide (last bet them in 99), Geelong, Port (at AMII).

As long as we go into every game with a winning mindset and give a competitive effort then I'll be happy. 

Offline Razorblade

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2006, 06:04:56 PM »

You're right Razor.

I think IIRC it becomes pre-first round if you have 2 years in a row of only 4 wins in a season.

The old ones were tradeable. Freo traded their priority pick (selection #1) to Hawthorn for Trent Croad lol in the 2001 super draft. Hawks then used it to pick up Luke Hodge.
They changed the rule after that trade!