Author Topic: Shai Bolton [merged]  (Read 171369 times)

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
Re: Pick 29. Shai Bolton
« Reply #105 on: December 01, 2016, 03:51:48 PM »
5 years in the backline for Shai, just for the experts, learn the defensive side he must......apparently, great running off half back, all the clichés. He will never be allowed to cross the 50. That should suit the backline fanatics.

Give it a rest mate. Your whole ironic 'backline' speel wasnt funny the first time, nor was it funny the 200th time.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 04:44:19 PM by one-eyed »
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #106 on: December 01, 2016, 08:34:43 PM »
Let's face it, Claw would pee and moan irrespective of who we pick up.
I dont believe i have bagged any of our picks.
What i am complaining about is the direction we took and list management. I was complaining about those things well before this off season.Bolton may end up another  Betts who knows but he certainly was not a key list need.
Sml fwds and ruckmen always with late nd or rookie picks unless they are total stand outs.  im afraid to say LeBois and stengle look just as likely as Bolton and they were both rookie picks.
With hindsight the way it panned out we could have had both for a song biut it was always likely they would be there very late.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #107 on: December 01, 2016, 09:14:10 PM »
5 years in the backline for Shai, just for the experts, learn the defensive side he must......apparently, great running off half back, all the clichés. He will never be allowed to cross the 50. That should suit the backline fanatics.

Give it a rest mate. Your whole ironic 'backline' speel wasnt funny the first time, nor was it funny the 200th time.

Bit like your crap Hampson posts that never ever end, millions of the rubbish, or the pots about watching the ball onto the boot. Or your "nice guy" poo.....yeah!!!!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Sticky Fingers

« Reply #108 on: December 01, 2016, 10:58:39 PM »
What i am complaining about is the direction we took and list management. I was complaining about those things well before this off season.Bolton may end up another  Betts who knows but he certainly was not a key list need.
Sml fwds and ruckmen always with late nd or rookie picks unless they are total stand outs.  im afraid to say LeBois and stengle look just as likely as Bolton and they were both rookie picks.
With hindsight the way it panned out we could have had both for a song biut it was always likely they would be there very late.

I agree with this. I assume we drafted Bolton because we felt he was the best player available at the time. Because for sure I do not understand the strategy involved in taking this type of player so high.

I really hope he makes it as I do with all our draftees.

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #109 on: December 01, 2016, 11:08:47 PM »
Bolton was the most talented player left at 29 and by a fair way. Scum were peeed we grabbed him the pick before their first one. LOL

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #110 on: December 02, 2016, 06:00:57 AM »

Bit like your crap Hampson posts that never ever end, millions of the rubbish, or the pots about watching the ball onto the boot. Or your "nice guy" poo.....yeah!!!!!

Mate, Im resonsible for about 5% of those posts, which consensus is that they are truthful and humorous. Hence, 95% of the credit belongs with other site experts which unfortunately i cant claim.

Anyway can we get back on topic please.
"Sliding doors moment.

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #111 on: December 02, 2016, 08:35:43 AM »
Bolton was the most talented player left at 29 and by a fair way. Scum were peeed we grabbed him the pick before their first one. LOL
So Begley was their next choice. I would have taken Begly but time will tell (and we may yell) also will watch Kobe Mutch with interst.
Note Himmelberg went to Adelaide at @51 :shh

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #112 on: December 02, 2016, 09:53:57 AM »
What makes u think Begleynwas our next choice Mint?

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #113 on: December 02, 2016, 12:22:38 PM »
What makes u think Begleynwas our next choice Mint?
Well that's who I would have thought was the best available player at that stage BUT what do I know?
Knighter, who would you have thought?

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #114 on: December 03, 2016, 08:30:37 AM »
Very happy with this selection as he was the best available as he was rated very highly by most (top 20) and it might allow Rioli to play further up the ground in years to come. Bolton is explosive and weaves through traffic with ease and swoops on the ball when it hits the deck. He along with Stengle have me most exited about what our forward half could become  :thumbsup

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Bolton just what Tigers are craving: KB (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #115 on: December 03, 2016, 06:01:58 PM »
Bolton just what Tigers are craving

GLENN McFARLANE
Herald Sun
3 December 2016

RICHMOND legend Kevin Bartlett has given the club’s new No.29 Shai Bolton his stamp of approval, saying the club desperately needs the speed and excitement the young West Australian has the capacity to produce.

Bartlett met Bolton, who turns 18 on Thursday, at Punt Rd this week to wish him well after being drafted to the Tigers at pick 29 in the national draft.

“I hope he turns out to be a lot better than me,” Bartlett said.

“From what they tell me, he has got exceptional pace and exceptional skills and is quite an impressive player.

“Shai obviously needs to spend some time in the gym, but if he can bring those attributes to the team over the next few years, that’s going to be a real bonus for the club.

“We need more players like that.”

Bolton hadn’t heard of Bartlett when the club asked him to take on one of the club’s most revered numbers.

But he jumped at the chance after going on a video crash course on what the Tigers icon achieved in his 403-game career.

“I would be proud to be wearing any Richmond number; I’m just happy to be drafted,” Bolton said.

“But to be able to wear his number is a massive honour.”

“They showed me a video of him and told me he kicked seven goals in a Grand Final (1980) and that he played the third most games ever.”

The No.29 jumper became available this year when Ty Vickery took a free agency route to Hawthorn and Bartlett gave Bolton the same advice that he has given past players to have worn his jumper since his retirement in 1983.

“I asked him if he liked to handball and he said he does,” Bartlett joked.

“I told him to forget about it, it’s a fad and a craze that will never take off.

“I would prefer him to just accelerate and explode away and kick the goals.”

South Fremantle insiders marvelled this year at one of Bolton’s more unusual handballs in a colts match when he somehow managed to execute one from behind his body.

KB may not have loved the fact it was a handball, but he would have been delighted by the flair and ball skills that brought it about.

Bolton is a distant relative of the Krakouer brothers and says he has tried to base his game on his two favourite players — Hawthorn’s Cyril Rioli and Fremantle’s Michael Walters.

“I want to play that fast forward kind of role,” he said.

“I want to make sure I work as hard as I can and just give 100 per cent effort on the field.

Originally from Katanning, he has lived in Mandurah for most of his life, while also attending boarding school in Perth and coming through the South Fremantle colts.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/richmond/shai-bolton-to-inherit-richmond-legend-kevin-bartletts-no29/news-story/3705aa9b443ef47a319692b9a3524d32

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #116 on: December 03, 2016, 06:32:01 PM »
Since he was at punt road did he manage to squeeze out an apology to Dusty?

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #117 on: December 03, 2016, 06:38:44 PM »

Nope
"Sliding doors moment.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #118 on: December 03, 2016, 06:41:35 PM »

Nope

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #119 on: December 03, 2016, 06:45:56 PM »

Nope

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

He would, appear to be, acting like a coward
"Sliding doors moment.