Author Topic: Shai Bolton [merged]  (Read 173465 times)

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Shai Bolton [merged]
« Reply #180 on: May 28, 2017, 05:40:25 PM »
2 games. Looked a lil off pace very early but adjusted well.
Really looking forward to his progress in coming years
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #181 on: May 29, 2017, 12:25:22 AM »
Liked what I saw of him last night. He has got some real tricks. He will get better with every game.
Agree BT. Really clean skills with ball in hand.

The most important thing Bolton did on Saturday night though was that chase down on Zaharakis IIRC in the 3rd qtr. Saved a goal as Essendon's F50 was wide open and it was a momentum changing moment for us. We went from 9 points down to being in front at 3/4 time after that tackle. Massive team-lifting stuff from a young guy in only his 2nd game.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #182 on: May 29, 2017, 05:45:33 AM »
Agree. Chase was critical. Affected the kick and led to a turn over.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #183 on: May 29, 2017, 06:49:18 AM »
Will fast become our own "Crackawoody".... :shh
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #184 on: May 29, 2017, 10:16:51 AM »
Liked what I saw of him last night. He has got some real tricks. He will get better with every game.

The most important thing Bolton did on Saturday night though was that chase down on Zaharakis IIRC in the 3rd qtr. Saved a goal as Essendon's F50 was wide open and it was a momentum changing moment for us. We went from 9 points down to being in front at 3/4 time after that tackle. Massive team-lifting stuff from a young guy in only his 2nd game.

Yep, huge effort.

Really like the look of Shai.

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #185 on: May 29, 2017, 11:05:48 AM »

Agree, but if it hadn't been dreamtime would probably have got pinged for legging zaharakis, esp by de-boy

Ruanaidh

« Reply #186 on: May 29, 2017, 01:53:27 PM »
Early doors I said that Shai may be affected by the GHF... I believe that the Club and in particular Daniel Rioli is providing the support required to lessen the likelihood of him leaving once his initial 2 years is up. Happy to say that the balance of probability says I was wrong. :thumbsup. Unfortunately for Shai he may have caught the Tiger bug - oohhhh what a ride!
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 05:09:12 AM by Ruanaidh »

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #187 on: May 29, 2017, 02:24:27 PM »
Early doors I said that Shai may be affected by the GHF... I believe that the Club and in particular Daniel Rioli is providing the support required to lesson the likelihood of him leaving once his initial 2 years is up. Happy to say that the balance of probability says I was wrong. :thumbsup. Unfortunately for Shai he may have caught the Tiger bug - oohhhh what a ride!

You've been singing his praises for a few weeks now. Embellish it, let everyone know you were right and don't get caught up in showing people where you were wrong!

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #188 on: May 29, 2017, 06:45:42 PM »
Shai can go one of 2 directions, Michael Mitchell or Marty McGrath. Let's hope it's the former as I can't recall an X factor as good Mitchell since he burst on the scene 30 years ago
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Ruanaidh

« Reply #189 on: May 30, 2017, 05:10:09 AM »
Early doors I said that Shai may be affected by the GHF... I believe that the Club and in particular Daniel Rioli is providing the support required to lessen the likelihood of him leaving once his initial 2 years is up. Happy to say that the balance of probability says I was wrong. :thumbsup. Unfortunately for Shai he may have caught the Tiger bug - oohhhh what a ride!

You've been singing his praises for a few weeks now. Embellish it, let everyone know you were right and don't get caught up in showing people where you were wrong!
....😁

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #190 on: May 30, 2017, 10:29:19 AM »
Will fast become our own "Crackawoody".... :shh

:snidegrin
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #191 on: June 03, 2017, 10:54:25 PM »
Gee Bolton is a great kick on the run for a little fella.

His kick inside 50 that led to Butler's goal just before halftime was superb.

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #192 on: June 03, 2017, 11:03:58 PM »
Like the look of this kid a LOT but I think I'd prefer Lennon in the side for the 2nd half at this stage...

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #193 on: June 03, 2017, 11:06:36 PM »
Imo he has outperformed all our small forwards in the last two weeks.
Very impressed with him.

It's a shame he missed that sitter because he deserved a goal. That's not to say I didn't swear at the TV after it.  :whistle

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #194 on: June 03, 2017, 11:46:17 PM »
What a cock tease, hope he doesn't give me blue balls his whole career :shh

Quote for accuracy