Author Topic: Shai Bolton [merged]  (Read 232246 times)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
Re: Shai Bolton [merged]
« Reply #1350 on: October 15, 2024, 08:51:33 PM »
poor result if it ends up like this.

Not if we end up with Harley Reid..... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1351 on: October 15, 2024, 09:16:28 PM »

when does his contract end?
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #1352 on: October 15, 2024, 09:21:51 PM »
It'll be disappointing to not add 2 potential guns to the list but it's not a huge loss keeping Shai vs 2 picks.

Rioli deal must go through. Pick 6 is massive. Pick 10 be lovely but keeping a star of the comp like Shai I'm absolutely ok with. Will also push Freo to do better next year
Go Tigers!

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #1353 on: October 15, 2024, 09:29:07 PM »

when does his contract end?

2026 but he's in no rush to extend...and give him another year of being stuck in Perth losing every week in front of an increasingly angry & impatient fan base even more peeed off after Matty Clarke's incompetence, being hounded by the WA media and on the front & back pages every other day with no other player of his stature to take the spotlight off him.....while his best mate Finn is running around in the yellow & black back home, just another young gun in a city of many.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1354 on: October 15, 2024, 10:09:49 PM »
Should go for Reid now.

Bolton + P1 starting point.

Offline OneEyedRichmond

• Future Richmond star
  • For We're From Tigerland

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1356 on: October 16, 2024, 10:20:10 AM »
Hisva great player no doubt dockers will realise what they got, but I'm stoked with e first rounders.
Pick 14 upgrade to 11 plus 18 gained.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1357 on: October 16, 2024, 10:20:41 AM »
So, we get what Freo offered for both of them while giving up a future 3rd rounder. Yeah right. Blair, I thought it what was best for Richmond, this deal seems to have added Liam Baker and Mini to the agenda of “what’s best”
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1358 on: October 16, 2024, 10:21:08 AM »
DONE DEAL!!! Effectively picks 10, 11 for Bolton. Great return all things considered

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1359 on: October 16, 2024, 10:26:22 AM »
Effectively this is Bolton + Baker +F3 (45?) for 10+11+18.

Fine by me.

Hope we're paying no wages. F them.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1360 on: October 16, 2024, 10:49:10 AM »
So, we get what Freo offered for both of them while giving up a future 3rd rounder. Yeah right. Blair, I thought it what was best for Richmond, this deal seems to have added Liam Baker and Mini to the agenda of “what’s best”

lol what are you complaining about? Freo buckled and gave up pick 10 & 11 like we asked for, the only compromise we made was sliding 4 picks back from 14 to 18 and gave up a future third rounder.

So we trade Bolton, Baker and a future 3rd rounder and got 10, 11 & 18. That is a very good deal in my eyes.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #1361 on: October 16, 2024, 10:52:00 AM »
Well done to the club. Were patient and hot the most important picks for this deal.

10, 11 if we draft smartly locks us in to 1 of the 2 best key forwards in the draft. Armstrong should be there if not Shanahan surely will be. Personally I'd take both.

Picks 1 and 6 we will get 2 midfield absolute stars. Lalor, FOS, Smith, Smillie, Draper, Reid take your pick. All absolute guns.

Get Armstrong and Shanahan with 10, 11.
Go Tigers!

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1362 on: October 16, 2024, 11:05:13 AM »
nothing special about this deal. effectively 18 for baker when duds like schulz went for 11.

10, 11 and 14 is what we should have insisted on at a min.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1363 on: October 16, 2024, 11:15:48 AM »
nothing special about this deal. effectively 18 for baker when duds like schulz went for 11.

The Schultz deal has nothing to do with this deal and all reports are that this draft is quite deep, so those picks around 15-25 are more valued that in previous years.

10 + 11 for Bolton is right.
18 for Baker is right.

We gave up an F3, which best case scenario is probably going to be around P45? If we avoid the spoon it could be P50. Not fussed about that.

Hopefully we're not paying much/any of Bolton's wage.

Now we just need to secure 6 + 23 for Rioli. Wen can send back P51, 61, 70, 76 to give them some Lombard points and end up with 8 picks in the top 25.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #1364 on: October 16, 2024, 11:22:23 AM »

I can't think of any players going for 3 first round picks. Danger and Cameron went for 2 first rounders. Judd went for Pick 3, 20 and JPK.

10, 11 and 14 would be just about the biggest 1st round trade in history.

I'm happy with 10, 11 and 18 for Baker and Bolton. Many took that to the bank yesterday when it was hinted Freo would offer that for both the players if Baker wanted Freo.

Pick 6 and 18 packaged for Pick 2. Could find us with Picks 1 and 2.
Go Tigers!