Author Topic: Jack Graham that is [merged]  (Read 217449 times)

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Jack Graham that is [merged]
« Reply #1350 on: September 19, 2024, 02:04:04 PM »
I think his time at the tigers is up but listening to the jake waterman episode of dyl and friends it caught me by surprise that waterman really rated Graham. He said he’s one of the best people you want hitting you up inside 50.

Either way, he will always be a premiership hero to me and hope he finds some form wherever he lands in 2025

I think Riewoldt said the same?

I don't see it though.

No point being the best I50 delivery man if you can only get 7.5 kicks/week on average.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1351 on: September 19, 2024, 05:07:26 PM »
I think his time at the tigers is up but listening to the jake waterman episode of dyl and friends it caught me by surprise that waterman really rated Graham. He said he’s one of the best people you want hitting you up inside 50.

Either way, he will always be a premiership hero to me and hope he finds some form wherever he lands in 2025

I don't see it though.

No point being the best I50 delivery man if you can only get 7.5 kicks/week on average.

devil's advocate here

Rarely played as a permanent mid in 2024. when he did his hitting up of our fwds was good

He played alot as a defensive forward, so like Mansell and others who played that type of role the possession numbers were low.

TBH I don't think they played him in his best position but het that's just me

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1352 on: September 19, 2024, 10:17:44 PM »
When's Waterman ever played with Graham? :huh

It must have been during juniors or a draft camp or something. He spoke very highly of both baker and Graham.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1353 on: Yesterday at 09:34:16 PM »

I don't see it though.

devil's advocate here

Rarely played as a permanent mid in 2024. when he did his hitting up of our fwds was good

He played alot as a defensive forward, so like Mansell and others who played that type of role the possession numbers were low.

TBH I don't think they played him in his best position but het that's just me

Devils advocate, what is his best position ? Does anyone know ? Because whatever the position is, there are better players there which means he is expendable. If we didn’t acquire Taranto and hopper, Graham would be getting more midfield time, but I just don’t think he’s that good, so is that his best position? An average player who in a good team can make an impact with work rate.

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1354 on: Yesterday at 10:19:45 PM »
Was a good foot soldier in our dynasty.

Now that we are crap, if we can get a second rounder for him then it’s a no brainer imo. He isn’t as good as our other senior mids and doesn’t provide anything different to a Taranto or Hopper or Prestia type. Think we’re better off blooding youngsters and developing our next midfield core along side those other mids named above.