Author Topic: Jack Graham that is [merged]  (Read 218042 times)

Online Hart4Jack

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Jack Graham that is [merged]
« Reply #1290 on: August 16, 2024, 02:30:22 PM »
Kills us on the spread and with his lack of pace. He makes us one of the slowest midfields in the comp.

We cannot play him Prestia, hopper, Taranto Dow and even Ross and Sonsie are not overly quick.

I struggle to pick him most weeks because of this.
He is not a proficient inside player nor is he proficient on the outside.

About the only thing he has shown himself to be proficient in is tackling. Read into that what you like.

Ross is the quickest of that lot, which is not saying much.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #1291 on: August 16, 2024, 03:30:30 PM »
Kills us on the spread and with his lack of pace. He makes us one of the slowest midfields in the comp.

We cannot play him Prestia, hopper, Taranto Dow and even Ross and Sonsie are not overly quick.

I struggle to pick him most weeks because of this.
He is not a proficient inside player nor is he proficient on the outside.

About the only thing he has shown himself to be proficient in is tackling. Read into that what you like.

Ross is the quickest of that lot, which is not saying much.

Yeah nah I think this is a case of absence making the heart grow fonder -   Ross & Hopper are comfortably the two slowest of that lot.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1292 on: August 18, 2024, 05:06:52 AM »
In-demand AFL flag hero Jack Graham receives ‘really good’ contract offer from Richmond

The free agent has to decide between two clubs, with a deal ‘that he really deserves’ now on the table.

Shayne Hope
7AFL
17 Aug 2024

Richmond coach Adem Yze is convinced the Tigers have tabled a “really good” contract offer to free agent Jack Graham ahead of what looms as a busy off-season for the AFL club.

Graham has reportedly received a four-year contract offer from West Coast, with Richmond making a counter-offer which is believed to be not as long.

The 26-year-old is one of a host of Tigers who have been linked to other clubs — including Liam Baker, Shai Bolton and Daniel Rioli — as the club seeks to regenerate its playing list.

“I’m confident that we’ve offered him a really good contract and one that he really deserves,” Yze said of two-time premiership midfielder.

“As I’ve said with those two players (Graham and Baker), they’re out of contract and they’re at a point in their careers where they get to make that decision.

“All we can do is provide an environment that they want to be here, but they’re great stalwarts of our footy club and if they decide to go elsewhere then that’s just the environment that we’re living in.

“We’re happy with what we’ve offered (Graham) and hopefully it falls our way.”

https://7news.com.au/sport/afl/in-demand-afl-flag-hero-jack-graham-receives-really-good-contract-offer-from-richmond-c-15712279

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1293 on: August 18, 2024, 07:43:38 AM »
I hope this is all bs Yze talk ,and all he is doing is increasing our FA pick. I can't recall coaches talking about contract offers so I hope it's all smokes and mirrors.

We don't need him at all. I loved what he did for our club during our dynasty, though we can't retain him on our list.

The question is do we get dudded on an end of second round ,or a start of second round pick.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1294 on: August 18, 2024, 09:51:06 AM »
End 2nd still fine by me

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1295 on: August 18, 2024, 06:59:44 PM »
https://x.com/AFL/status/1825052303977574892

Richmond midfielder Jack Graham could be in Match Review Officer (MRO) strife following an errant forearm to the head of Hawthorn's Cam Mackenzie in a marking contest.

During Sunday's clash at the MCG, Graham was late to the ball and opted to stick an arm out to spoil the ball, which made head contact, resulting in a 50-metre penalty.

Both the crowd and commentator's reaction was one of shock, with Channel 7's caller Alister Nicholson responding with "Oh dear, that was clumsy and no good from Graham."

Michael Christian is likely to deem that Graham wasn't reasonably contesting the ball whilst not having eyes on the football and making high contact.

It comes as the midfielder has been courted by West Coast and could make the move across in the upcoming off-season.

Working against Graham was the fact that Mackenzie was taken from the field and assessed.

https://www.zerohanger.com/afl-mro-will-this-tiger-receive-any-scrutiny-for-this-incident-154152/

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1296 on: August 18, 2024, 07:01:54 PM »
Well at least he kicked a snag in his final Richmond appearance.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1297 on: August 18, 2024, 07:03:34 PM »
Time to cut the deadwood slowing us down. He’s number 1

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1298 on: August 18, 2024, 07:57:44 PM »
I hope this is all bs Yze talk ,and all he is doing is increasing our FA pick. I can't recall coaches talking about contract offers so I hope it's all smokes and mirrors.

We don't need him at all. I loved what he did for our club during our dynasty, though we can't retain him on our list.

The question is do we get dudded on an end of second round ,or a start of second round pick.

Agree you really have to wonder about our list management which seems to avoid a lot of scrutiny.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1299 on: August 18, 2024, 08:02:54 PM »

At this point I'd give a second rounder to any club prepared to take him off our hands.... :shh

- Thomas Sowell

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1300 on: August 18, 2024, 08:23:57 PM »
Don't see any outcry from the media about Sicily's cheapshot on Graham just prior to him collecting the Hawk's player
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #1301 on: August 19, 2024, 04:06:43 AM »
To me it looked like he was favouring his shoulder, may have reinsured himself

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1302 on: August 19, 2024, 07:51:49 AM »
To me it looked like he was favouring his shoulder, may have reinsured himself

Yes hurt his shoulder in the 2nd in a marking contest with Sicily, who then targeted said shoulder in the next few contests. Certainly had limited movement for period of time after the incident
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1303 on: August 19, 2024, 09:44:39 AM »
Utter garbage he was yesterday massive let down.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1304 on: August 19, 2024, 10:01:23 AM »
Utter garbage he was yesterday massive let down.

So...normal?