Author Topic: Trade targets 2017  (Read 193128 times)

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Trade targets 2017
« Reply #210 on: June 04, 2017, 08:21:52 PM »
When was the last time we used our first pick on a KPP?
Jack?

That's about 10 odd years ago.

That really doesn't make much sense does it??

It's time I'd say....
'07 we took Rance with our 2nd pick (end of first round), when we couldn't say no to Cotchin at #2.
'08 we took Vickery
'09 we took Griffiths with our 2nd pick (also end of first round) when we couldn't say no to Martin at #3.
That stuff for the '07 draft.

Vickery was taken as a ruckman not KPP.

So with our FIRST pick we haven't picked a KPP since Jack 11 drafts ago.
Without knowing I'd say we are the only club to hold that great record.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #211 on: June 04, 2017, 10:18:12 PM »
I don't think you should waste a first pick on a speculative KPP if a genuinely good mid is available. If we did that in the 07 draft we would have ended up getting Grant (going by the first KPP taken after our pick) instead of Cotchin.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #212 on: June 04, 2017, 11:06:19 PM »
I don't think you should waste a first pick on a speculative KPP if a genuinely good mid is available. If we did that in the 07 draft we would have ended up getting Grant (going by the first KPP taken after our pick) instead of Cotchin.
I didn't say we needed to pick a KPP every draft with our first pick, just that we hadn't taken one since Jack.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 03:20:05 AM by one-eyed »

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #213 on: June 05, 2017, 01:11:04 AM »
Any love for Billy Hartung?

Not sure if he is injured, but certainly doesn't seem to be in favour at the Hawks at the moment.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #214 on: June 05, 2017, 03:24:06 AM »
IF YOUNG Brisbane Lions forward Josh Schache announces he wants to leave the club before the end of the season, coach Chris Fagan will "think twice" about whether the Victorian will play in the senior side again.

Schache took leave and returned home to Seymour after playing in the NEAFL a fortnight ago.

The 19-year-old will return to the club on Monday and the coach has been in contact with the key forward.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-06-04/if-schache-wants-out-fagan-may-banish-him-to-neafl

Offline Tigerman

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #215 on: June 05, 2017, 12:55:45 PM »
I didn't say we needed to pick a KPP every draft with our first pick, just that we hadn't taken one since Jack.

Tyrone

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #216 on: June 05, 2017, 12:59:35 PM »

Tyrone
He was a KPP in my book by not according to some  ;)

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #217 on: June 05, 2017, 01:24:23 PM »
IF YOUNG Brisbane Lions forward Josh Schache announces he wants to leave the club before the end of the season, coach Chris Fagan will "think twice" about whether the Victorian will play in the senior side again.

Schache took leave and returned home to Seymour after playing in the NEAFL a fortnight ago.

The 19-year-old will return to the club on Monday and the coach has been in contact with the key forward.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-06-04/if-schache-wants-out-fagan-may-banish-him-to-neafl

I agree with Fagan on this. Why would you waste your precious game time on the guy if he wants to leave? Give it to a longer term prospect.

Can't see it affecting his trade value in any way. The clubs that have convinced him to leave will stay pay the same price.

tony_montana

« Reply #218 on: June 05, 2017, 10:09:36 PM »
If one of our first rounders is enough Id definitely use it to draft Schache, and use the other in the draft. No way would I want us to give away 2 x first rounders for him

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #219 on: June 06, 2017, 03:06:51 AM »
Forget Schache - go for Kelly and grab Reid or Trengove FA , X.Richards for nix then draft Will Sutherland or Tom McCartin.

FFS we only need our second forward to be an upgrade Elton, Hamspud & Griffiths  & can ruck at a half serviceble level. Hell, Chol & Moore will probably at least be better than the first two a year from now.

"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #220 on: June 06, 2017, 11:27:36 AM »
Forget Schache - go for Kelly and grab Reid or Trengove FA , X.Richards for nix then draft Will Sutherland or Tom McCartin.

FFS we only need our second forward to be an upgrade Elton, Hamspud & Griffiths  & can ruck at a half serviceble level. Hell, Chol & Moore will probably at least be better than the first two a year from now.
You think we can get Kelly? Would require both our first rounders I'm sure, aside from cap space. I'm expecting we'll be paying Dusty 1.2 mill by this time next year.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #221 on: June 06, 2017, 01:18:20 PM »
If North reckon they can afford both than I'm sure we could after we clear out the deadwood plus Yarran & Deledio's money on top of TPP increase...plus we'd probably front end Martin's contract & back end Kelly's..I'd give them one of this year's first rounder & next year's first ....that's what Collingwood paid for Treloar.....but he's far better than Treloar so I'd even chuck in a player like C.Ellis or even next year's second as well if they pushed the point...will be the best player in the comp. in two years and make us a genuine flag contender.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Online pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #222 on: June 06, 2017, 01:28:03 PM »
This is what we should do in the trade period:
1st pick in year afters draft for Schache (let's not kid around he is worth a 1st rounder just due to the fact he was pick 2)
1st years pick this year to Hawks for Gunston
Keep our other first round and get the best mid available. 
Round 1 Team 2018
B   Grimes, Rance, Short
HB Houli, Astbury, McIntosh
C: B Ellis, D Prestia, Grigg
HF Rioli, Reiwoldt, Caddy
Gunston, Schache, Butler
R  Nankervis, Cotchin, Martin
Int:  Castagna, Graham, Edwards, Vlastuin
If we can get a KPD or Ruckman in the free agency period as back up that would be great

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #223 on: June 06, 2017, 01:48:07 PM »
That's just stupid....so we'll probably do it and at least you'll be happy....

- Thomas Sowell

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #224 on: June 06, 2017, 01:48:50 PM »
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do