Author Topic: Dustin Martin's contract talk thread / Dusty a Tiger for next 7 years [update]  (Read 164723 times)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Think his heads squarely up his ass ATM

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
He's last 4 games have been really poor.Its affected him no doubt about that.They want the big bucks ,but sorry performances have been poor of late,kicking at times,and no defencive pressure.

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
He's last 4 games have been really poor.Its affected him no doubt about that.They want the big bucks ,but sorry performances have been poor of late,kicking at times,and no defencive pressure.
His performance have not been poor. Perhaps they have been below his best but they have not been poor.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
His performances were Richo-like....i.e. the reason we were even in the games in the first place but also the reason we ultimately didn't win them... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
His performance have not been poor. Perhaps they have been below his best but they have not been poor.

Sorry for the money his chasing  they have been.How many games he doesn't do the team things and defend and man up and miss easy set shots or kicking not up to scratch.

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame

Sorry for the money his chasing  they have been.How many games he doesn't do the team things and defend and man up and miss easy set shots or kicking not up to scratch.

I think Dio is closer to the mark on his assessment of Dusty's last few games.

Jackstar 1960

Doesn't want to chase

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
Dusty and Rance are our best.
Get the deal done.
Anyone who thinks he is not up to snuff has no idea.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
'Richmond - it's a great club': Dustin Martin (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #173 on: May 24, 2017, 06:57:50 PM »
MARTIN: 'IT'S A GREAT CLUB'

Herald-Sun
24 May 2017

RICHMOND midfielder Dustin Martin says the club has been a great support to him as he continues to deal with his father Shane being banned from Australia but he is in no rush to sign a new contract.

Shane Martin was booted back to his native New Zealand in March last year over his involvement with the Rebels outlaw motorcycle gang — one of the most high-profile victims of the Federal Government’s anti-bikie blitz.

In a video chat with close friend and Brownlow medallist Dane Swan for mobile phone app ‘Footy Live’, Martin said the Tigers had been incredibly supportive in allowing him to cross the Tasman for regular visits.

“It’s a great club and I’ve got a lot of close mates there and (I’m) really enjoying it,” Martin said.

“I probably went back (to New Zealand) three or four times last year. Obviously the old man’s stuck over there so he’s not having much fun so I get over there when I can. The club’s been great. I’ve been over there once (this year), that was probably a month or so ago for the weekend, and I’ll go over for the bye as well.”

Out-of-contract at the end of the season, Martin said he had enjoyed helping the Tigers to a few wins over the opening months of their campaign but would leave contract talks until the end of the year.

“It’s a unique position to be in, free agency,” Martin said.

“I’m happy the way I’m going at the moment and we’ll deal with that at the end of the season.”

It was reported on Monday that North Melbourne’s board has ticked off a six-year contract offer worth more than $1 million a season to lure the 25-year-old to Arden Street.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/more-news/afl-daily-live-rolling-footy-news-from-around-australia/news-story/74f8d3813ce59ea391e014903698f140

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Jake Niall just said on AFL Tonight that Essendon are into him now as well....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
About time we took him to a bar on chapel st, plenty of grog, journos and chopsticks😂

Dougeytherichmondfan

I wonder if this isn't just a tactic from all the other clubs to drive his price up (and thus forcing us to lose cap space).

I doubt anyone is willing to trade for him, but poach an A 'grader for a mill a year without having to give anything up is = great list management.

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
Not concerned at all.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
I wonder if this isn't just a tactic from all the other clubs to drive his price up (and thus forcing us to lose cap space).

I doubt anyone is willing to trade for him, but poach an A 'grader for a mill a year without having to give anything up is = great list management.
We started at $800K for our opening offer. I doubt that $1 million dollars is too damaging to us. I assume the club has been prepared for this. It is one of the reasons why we haven't made a play for Fyfe.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Dougeytherichmondfan

We started at $800K for our opening offer. I doubt that $1 million dollars is too damaging to us. I assume the club has been prepared for this. It is one of the reasons why we haven't made a play for Fyfe.
Ah yes but what happens when the Dons offer $1.2?