Author Topic: Dustin Martin's contract talk thread / Dusty a Tiger for next 7 years [update]  (Read 166523 times)

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Dustin Martin's contract talk thread [merged]
« Reply #510 on: August 11, 2017, 08:49:51 PM »
Guys, its been done. He's staying.

Put it to the back of your minds and enjoy the season.

Yep, remember where you heard it first. Right here on page 23 of this thread  :thumbsup
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #511 on: August 11, 2017, 09:00:45 PM »
The reason its the end of the H/A season is because there are still clubs in play to make the 8, to cut a long story short keep your eye on ESSENDON. There still in play.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #512 on: August 11, 2017, 09:39:35 PM »
Guys, its been done. He's staying.

Put it to the back of your minds and enjoy the season.

Yep, remember where you heard it first. Right here on page 23 of this thread  :thumbsup

True.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Dusty is aware of rival offers: Choco (SEN)
« Reply #513 on: August 14, 2017, 10:53:27 PM »
Dusty is aware of rival offers: Choco

By SEN
14 August 2017

Former Richmond assistant coach Mark Williams has revealed he is aware of the monumental financial offers in-demand Tiger is receiving from other clubs.

Martin is out of contract and has been linked to the likes of North Melbourne, Essendon, and GWS. His former colleague, Williams, says the Brownlow Medal favourite knows the multi-million contract offers are out there.

“Dusty is working it through, I know huge offers are out there from other clubs, and I'm 100 percent aware of that,” he said on SEN Afternoons.

“It makes it really difficult when teams are offering millions more than what other teams are offering. He is still in there and Richmond is still a big chance.”

The Tigers are sitting inside the top-four and have been tipped by some pundits as legitimate flag chances, and Williams believes this will be a factor in Martin’s decision.

“Winning is very paramount in any player’s mind,” he said.

“Being part of a winning premiership, when you sleep at night at the end of your career, you feel satisfied. It doesn’t matter how many friends you got, if you’ve been in a winning team, that’s the number one.”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2017/08/14/choco-aware-of-rival-offers-for-Dusty/

dwaino

« Reply #514 on: August 14, 2017, 11:04:23 PM »
Dusty is aware of rival offers: Choco

By SEN
14 August 2017

Former Richmond assistant coach Mark Williams has revealed he is aware of the monumental financial offers in-demand Tiger is receiving from other clubs.

Martin is out of contract and has been linked to the likes of North Melbourne, Essendon, and GWS. His former colleague, Williams, says the Brownlow Medal favourite knows the multi-million contract offers are out there.

“Dusty is working it through, I know huge offers are out there from other clubs, and I'm 100 percent aware of that,” he said on SEN Afternoons.

“It makes it really difficult when teams are offering millions more than what other teams are offering. He is still in there and Richmond is still a big chance.”

The Tigers are sitting inside the top-four and have been tipped by some pundits as legitimate flag chances, and Williams believes this will be a factor in Martin’s decision.

“Winning is very paramount in any player’s mind,” he said.

“Being part of a winning premiership, when you sleep at night at the end of your career, you feel satisfied. It doesn’t matter how many friends you got, if you’ve been in a winning team, that’s the number one.”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2017/08/14/choco-aware-of-rival-offers-for-Dusty/

Breaking news: out of contract star receiving big offers from other clubs.

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #515 on: August 15, 2017, 05:52:34 AM »
Breaking news: out of contract star receiving big offers from other clubs.

And he knows about them. That's torn it

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #516 on: August 15, 2017, 07:17:16 AM »
I've heard his manager has knocked back the offer from N0ught Melbourne as they will find it difficult to process 1.3 Million dollars worth of food stamps a year..
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #517 on: August 15, 2017, 07:46:00 AM »
I've heard his manager has knocked back the offer from N0ught Melbourne as they will find it difficult to process 1.3 Million dollars worth of food stamps a year..

:clapping
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #518 on: August 18, 2017, 11:27:37 AM »
Dusty hasn't signed due to a hold-up & North Melbourne fc

https://twitter.com/TonySheahan/status/898334571443363840

Surely not Hold the bus hold the bus has North put a Tiger in the Tank

Correct it gets to a point where thats the better deal + u know if someone is taking up $1.5M they aint winning a premiership soon

Didn't say that said North have put a new big offer in front of a Richmond player

Any club that pays an individual player in access of $1.5M is just thumbing their noses at up and coming stats & capt at Club

Trouble is Dan at this time of year Clubs put this stuff out there sometimes just to make their supporters have belief they are trying

https://twitter.com/rickynixontoot

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #519 on: August 18, 2017, 01:41:05 PM »
Info regarding Dusty's possible contract is starting to sound a little like strategic leaking to me.

Any info about what sort of a deal he might or might not sign with us gives all the other clubs an insight into what it might take to grab him.

I have a nasty feeling that we are going to get hit with an 11th hour contract demand.

Looks like it is 11th hour time :(

I am feeling done with this. No player is bigger than the club. Maybe we should just move on.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #520 on: August 18, 2017, 01:58:52 PM »
Gone....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #521 on: August 18, 2017, 02:00:00 PM »
Info regarding Dusty's possible contract is starting to sound a little like strategic leaking to me.

Any info about what sort of a deal he might or might not sign with us gives all the other clubs an insight into what it might take to grab him.

I have a nasty feeling that we are going to get hit with an 11th hour contract demand.

I am feeling done with this. No player is bigger than the club. Maybe we should just move on.

I hope we are also planning for the worst and we are in the AFL's ear about better compo than a pick in the teens for a probable brownlow medallist and a guy going to be maybe the highest paid player in the league. Scully/Ablett type compo.

Then we go after Kelly
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #522 on: August 18, 2017, 02:44:49 PM »
so how can North afford him?  Does Dusty really want to play in front of much smaller crowds?

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #523 on: August 18, 2017, 03:09:19 PM »

I hope we are also planning for the worst and we are in the AFL's ear about better compo than a pick in the teens for a probable brownlow medallist and a guy going to be maybe the highest paid player in the league. Scully/Ablett type compo.

Then we go after Kelly

not sure it works like that.

isnt it free agency compo or draft picks, not both?

i feel if its via a trade nought wouldnt part with their first round pick 3 for martin leaving us high and dry.

compo would be after our first you would think which is pooe.

as for going after kelly, we couldnt land a hooker down in stkilda let alone someone like that.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #524 on: August 18, 2017, 03:18:20 PM »
Gone....

i think we will know after the game against the saints.

no signature in that week off then his gone.

there is no way he would announce it during finals, and highly unlikely he would announce it after the GF as he will be with swan in ibiza

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.