Author Topic: Tigers’ Flea Amigos - Rioli, Castagna & Butler - have special buzz (Herald-Sun)  (Read 33902 times)

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
they both cost us, no excuses for jack, martin or costanza to miss from 20 metres out direct in front, and no excuses for rioli to drop a stuffing uncontested mark on our last thrust fwd. He marks that we go inside 50 - inexcusable
Be careful Tony, you are not allowed to say anything negative about a Rioli. Untouchable.

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
Rioli is the most overrated player on our list by far.
Another nothing game.
Dropped a chest mark late that my 4 year old daughter would have taken. 
Getting a game because of his name.
Should be dropped.

He played an ok game. Focus on the pathetic set shots not Rioli who works his guts out.

Stop the nonsense BT
Let me guess, you think he played well??
Rioli missed 3 goals before halftime.
Another 7 kick game and 2 tackles. Worked his guts out my arse!

I know its an emotional time ATM but please open your eyes and watch the game closely. Again, the easy missed shots at goal cost us the game.
That's pretty obvious but what has that got to do with what I think of Rioli game?
He averages LESS than 2 kick per quarter for the year. How is that exceptable??
People like you need to open your eyes and see him for the player he is at the moment and that's pretty bloody avaerage.
He missed 3 goals early in the game, then barley touched it after that before dropping a chest mark with about a minute to go.
Take the rose coloured glasses off mate, he was poo house today.

Okay :thumbsup some people... :help

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
If more of our players played with the intent of Rioli id say we would be 7-1.
Yes he doesn't get enough ball, but that you can certainly work on as a 2nd year player, his harassing, pressure and run is something that many of our players lack.

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
Yes he doesn't get enough ball, but that you can certainly work on as a 2nd year player, his harassing, pressure and run is something that many of our players lack.

It's refreshing that some can see the game for what it is.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
George Cantkickit & Martin's missed set shots early in the last wre far more criminal than anything Rioli did.

Yep, they kick those games done and dusted

But Rioli dropping that mark  :banghead
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Thought Rioli looked tired, needs a rest

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
No one is immune at this club.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Yes, he should have done this and that.......

He has played 27 odd games and is only 20............
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
If all you needed was "intent" Steve Morris would be getting a game.
You would hope a first round pick in his second season was giving you more than just intent.
Reality is he just isn't that good yet but overrated by some on here because of his last name. Please

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
You would hope a first round pick in his second season was giving you more than just intent.
Reality is he just isn't that good yet but overrated by some on here because of his last name. Please

That's just silly. He is clearly way more skilled than Morris and when he does get the ball he often does good things with it. He will get better at finding the ball.
Do you think he would benefit from playing in the vfl ? I don't see the point ( especially as there are no replacements really ) I think he needs to be played at the highest level and we need his fwd50 pressure. Perhaps some people overrate him because of his name but he is the least of our problems. By the way look at other 1st round picks in that draft and there's about 3 or 4 performing consistently. Have some patience.

Offline Heart of Darkness

• Premiership Captain
Thought Rioli looked tired, needs a rest

This. Promising start to the year but has looked sore for a few weeks. Play him in Dreamtime then give him a rest for a week.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame

That's just silly. He is clearly way more skilled than Morris and when he does get the ball he often does good things with it. He will get better at finding the ball.
Do you think he would benefit from playing in the vfl ? I don't see the point ( especially as there are no replacements really ) I think he needs to be played at the highest level and we need his fwd50 pressure. Perhaps some people overrate him because of his name but he is the least of our problems. By the way look at other 1st round picks in that draft and there's about 3 or 4 performing consistently. Have some patience.
i like him but what poos me is people overrate him, mostly due to his surname.
I agree that there isn't much in our twos to replace him but sometimes you need to teach the kids they have to earn the right to play AFL and more importantly play for the Tigers.
Do you think it would really hurt him to be dropped if that teaches him that. Stengle could replace him or Butler when fit.
Beverage at the Bulldogs does it weekly.
And just on the skill comment, you are 100% right but if you cannot get the footy is all a bit of a waste.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame

i like him but what poos me is people overrate him, mostly due to his surname.
I agree that there isn't much in our twos to replace him but sometimes you need to teach the kids they have to earn the right to play AFL and more importantly play for the Tigers.
Do you think it would really hurt him to be dropped if that teaches him that. Stengle could replace him or Butler when fit.
Beverage at the Bulldogs does it weekly.
And just on the skill comment, you are 100% right but if you cannot get the footy is all a bit of a waste.

I have no doubt Rioli knows you have to earn it,  he tries his heart out week in week out so you can't fault him in effort and trying to earn it, I know you can't just have people who try in your team but my point is he will only get better from the experience and yes we could bring in Stengle but that's a valuable promotion we may need.  if you fault him for not getting enough touches well I'd just say give him a while to learn the game better and be patient.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Castagna’s goalden run

richmondfc.com.au
22 May 2017

Richmond’s livewire, young forward Jason Castagna is ranked equal second among the competition’s rising star contenders for total goals this season.

Castagna, who kicked two goals in the Tigers’ three-point loss to Greater Western Sydney at Spotless Stadium last Saturday night, has a tally of 11 after nine home-and-away rounds, just two behind the rising stars’ leading goalkicker, Brisbane’s Eric Hipwood.

The 20-year-old Tiger has scored multiple goals on three occasions in season 2017, with a best return of four against Brisbane at the Gabba in Round 4.

He is equal third on Richmond’s goalkicking alongside Daniel Rioli, 14 behind the Tigers’ top goalkicker Jack Riewoldt.

Castagna’s teammate Dan Butler, who missed the GWS clash because of a groin injury, is ranked fourth among rising stars for total goals, with nine.

That same pair is ranked first and second for total inside-50 entries among the AFL’s rising stars – Castagna has 28 and Butler 26.

To be eligible to be nominated for the AFL’s Rising Star award, a player must be younger than 21 years of age on 1 January of the award year and have played 10 or fewer senior games before the start of the season.

At this stage, neither Castagna nor Butler has received a Rising Star nomination.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2017-05-22/castagnas-goalden-run

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Ben Nason was our second highest goalkicker in his first season.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.