Author Topic: 2018 free agents - Conca, Grigg & Houli  (Read 6815 times)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Re: 2018 free agents - Conca, Grigg & Houli
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2018, 04:01:19 PM »
Conca will sign for 2-3 years :shh

2-3 years for a fringe player with dodgy hammys.....ok then..... :shh

Do we have to upgrade now, WP? I thought the AFL was making changes to lists in 2019 in that there will be no rookie list. Everyone on the senior list. Or maybe I am remembering wrong

That's what I heard.... :shh :shh

Send Grigg up to GWS to reunite with Lids  :shh

:shh :shh :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2018, 04:10:02 PM »
Conca will sign for 2-3 years :shh

2-3 years for a fringe player with dodgy hammys.....ok then..... :shh

Not a fringe player in Dimma's eyes. Never once been omitted for anything other than injury/suspension.  :shh
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2018, 04:35:32 PM »
Rates him higher than BEllis then..... :shh

Still too injury prone to be giving multiple year deals to....he's not a kid anymore...will be overtaken by younger, better players soon...probably before the finals..... :shh

- Gustav Mahler

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2018, 04:46:40 PM »

Still too injury prone to be giving multiple year deals to....he's not a kid anymore...will be overtaken by younger, better players soon...probably before the finals..... :shh
:pray
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2018, 04:57:27 PM »
:nope
Bellis has served his punishment. He will be more diligent in his recovery from this point forward  :shh

I agree. But Dimma doesn't. What Dimma wants Dimma gets, and he wants Conca to remain at Tigerland for some time to come  :shh
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2018, 02:59:49 PM »
Really wonder if we can keep both Houli & Grigg

Reason being both are 30.

Sadly in this business you have to keep turning over the list

We have to make minimum of 3 changes; which should be easy but I reckon we need to make at least 5 to ensure we keep bringing in the kids

Also, we have to make calls on 2 rookies = do we upgrade or flick....

Interesting times ahead

Out of contract: Bolton, Conca, Drummond, C.Ellis, Garthwaite, Griffiths (retired), Grigg, Hampson, Houli, Lloyd, Markov, Menadue, Miles, Short, Soldo, Townsend.

Rookies:
Mabior Chol - third year in 2018.
Callum Moore - third year in 2018.
Tyson Stengle - second year in 2018.
Liam Baker - first year in 2018
Derek Eggmolesse-Smith - first year in 2018.

http://oneeyed-richmond.com/forum/index.php?topic=27081.msg616429#msg616429

Something like this, WP?

Out:
Griffiths (retired)
Hampson (retire)
Miles (trade - late 3rd round pick?)
Drummond (delist/trade)
Grigg? (retire)

In:
Lynch (free agent)
1st round draft pick
2nd round draft pick
3rd round draft pick (from Miles trade)
4th round draft pick (use to draft a state league player in his early 20s whose a late developer).

'Rookies' abolished by AFL and move onto one extended senior list (?).
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2018, 05:53:06 PM »
Something like this, WP?

Out:
Griffiths (retired)
Hampson (retire)
Drummond (delist/trade)
Grigg? (retire)

In:
Lynch (free agent)
1st round draft pick
2nd round draft pick
4th round draft pick (use to draft a state league player in his early 20s whose a late developer).

Yep along those lines.

But I still think you have to make a call on the current "rookies" even if they are going to be abolish the rookie list. Eggmolesse-Smith is an interesting one in that he is one of those special listed rookies (category a or b or whatever it is). How does the possible abolishment of the rookie list impact on him?

As I said interesting times ahard

That is do / should the current crop automatically be kept? I think in the case of Baker & Stengle yes, but not sure on Choi or Moore.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2018, 06:55:13 PM »
3 years is enough to determine if they'll make it. Chol is a tall and may not play firsts but if they keep him you would have to assume they think he'll make it. Anybody seen him play of late?l

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2018, 07:23:38 PM »
3 years is enough to determine if they'll make it. Chol is a tall and may not play firsts but if they keep him you would have to assume they think he'll make it. Anybody seen him play of late?l
Watched him in the VFL recently. He has come a long way. Playing some good footy. Having said that, he still has a bit to go to be a permanent senior player. Wouldn't mind him playing a few in the seniors as this may fast track his development and then slip him back into the VFL.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2018, 07:59:41 PM »
Club said Chol was a long term prospect when they drafted him......starting to track nicely but still needs to work on  positioning & general footy nouse and also clean up his ball handling....ruck/forward is his future IMO... :shh

Regardless of how he goes on the weekend, Moore stays for mine....tall quick blokes who chase, tackle, can take contested marks & play in all three lines plus help out in  the ruck are always handy to have around....field kicking is serviceable, there's a few blokes in the seniors far worse...set shot kicking is iffy to say the least but still not quite the John Butcher level some are claiming.....though IMO he stands are far better chance if the club sees him as a utility moreso than just a forward.......:shh

- Gustav Mahler

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2018, 08:06:47 PM »
Something like this, WP?

Out:
Griffiths (retired)
Hampson (retire)
Drummond (delist/trade)
Grigg? (retire)

In:
Lynch (free agent)
1st round draft pick
2nd round draft pick

Yep along those lines.

But I still think you have to make a call on the current "rookies" even if they are going to be abolish the rookie list. Eggmolesse-Smith is an interesting one in that he is one of those special listed rookies (category a or b or whatever it is). How does the possible abolishment of the rookie list impact on him?
I'm not sure but I assume the way he was recruited remains in place (via the category B rule) but he will be listed just like any other player.

As I said interesting times ahard

That is do / should the current crop automatically be kept? I think in the case of Baker & Stengle yes, but not sure on Choi or Moore.
Moore getting a senior game now may be part of the process to see whether he will make it.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Lebowski

« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2018, 08:11:09 PM »
Club said Chol was a long term prospect when they drafted him......starting to track nicely but still needs to work on  positioning & general footy nouse and also clean up his ball handling....ruck/forward is his future IMO... :shh

Regardless of how he goes on the weekend, Moore stays for mine....tall quick blokes who chase, tackle, can take contested marks & play in all three lines plus help out in  the ruck are always handy to have around....field kicking is serviceable, there's a few blokes in the seniors far worse...set shot kicking is iffy to say the least but still not quite the John Butcher level some are claiming.....though IMO he stands are far better chance if the club sees him as a utility moreso than just a forward.......:shh

Agree with that

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2018, 03:55:24 PM »
From the AFL website

Reece Conca (Unrestricted free agent)

Has enjoyed his best season since 2014 after finally enjoying some continuity, with a leg injury he suffered against Sydney in round 15 turning out to be far less serious than first feared. The 26-year-old West Australian has bypassed opportunities to leave Punt Road in the past, and is likely to remain loyal again. However, a new deal could be delayed as Richmond prioritises signing Gold Coast's Tom Lynch and other targets.

Shaun Grigg (Unrestricted free agent)

Another Tiger whose future is unlikely to be resolved until after the season, Grigg looks well placed to continue in 2019. At 30, the wingman is still one of Richmond's most effective linkmen with his penetrating left foot.

Bachar Houli (Restricted free agent)

The 30-year-old has opened contract talks with the Tigers and the early indications are positive he will get a new deal for 2019. Has endured an injury-plagued season but his rebound off half-back remains a vital cog in the Richmond machine.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/trade/free-agency