Author Topic: Round 1, 2018 - Richmond vs Carlton @ the M.C.G. / The night we unfurl our flag  (Read 12340 times)

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
The MCG need to consider increasing the capacity of the ground to accommodate the Tiger Army. At least another 40,000 seats  :laugh:

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
MCC need to research the quidditch arena - Build up I say  :rollin

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
KB: Tigers-Blues season opener to smash home-and-away crowd record

By Justin Talent
SEN
3 March 2018

Kevin Bartlett says the now-traditional Thursday night season opening clash between Richmond and Carlton at the MCG will break the 60-year-old record for the biggest crowd at a VFL/AFL regular season match.

The current record for a crowd at a home-and-away game stands at 99,256 at the MCG, which was set on the 16th of June 1958 between Melbourne and Collingwood in their yearly Queen’s Birthday clash.

Despite the capacity of the ground being far reduced in its now fully-seated configuration compared to 1958, Bartlett believes the crowd number will rival the 100,021 people that packed the MCG for last year’s Grand Final– the record attendance for the ground since its latest redevelopment.

“The opening game of the season, Richmond and Carlton, will create the biggest home and away crowd in the history of the game,” the Tigers great told SEN’s KB and The Doc.

“We’ll get 100,000 there.”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/03/02/kb-tigers-blues-season-opener-to-smash-home-and-away-crowd-record/

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
Except KB, we can't because of the MCC members not showing up.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
Can we purchase multiple tickets on Monday or is it only 1 ticket per membership?
The club that keeps giving.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Except KB, we can't because of the MCC members not showing up.

And AFL members
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tickets on sale to members 9am Monday

richmondfc.com.au

Tickets to the 2018 Toyota AFL Premiership Season will be on sale to club members from Monday, March 5 at 9.00am (AEST).

General public ticket sales open on Wednesday, March 7 at 9.00am (AEST).

Richmond will host a number of blockbuster matches in 2018 including their Round 1 Season Opener clash against Carlton where members are encouraged to upgrade to a reserved seat to ensure guaranteed access to this match.

There will be a limited numbers of seats available for general admission access on the evening.

Anzac Day Eve and Dreamtime at the ‘G are both away matches for Richmond this year.

Richmond members with away game access will be eligible to upgrade to a seat from Monday, March 5. Richmond home members will be eligible to purchase tickets for these away blockbuster matches from Wednesday, March 7.

Members will require their 12-digit barcode number located on the back of their membership card to upgrade to a seat or to purchase tickets into Richmond’s allocations of bays for Away games.

The Richmond membership department will be open from 8.00am (AEST) Monday to answer any queries regarding the on sale of tickets in 2018 – call 1300 742 466.

To purchase tickets, visit the Ticketek website or you can visit a Ticketek outlet

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2018-03-04/tickets-on-sale-to-members-9am-monday

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
From AFL Fans Association @FansAFL twitter:

"People are already advertising tickets for the Round 1 Richmond-Carlton #AFL season opener for up to $228.85.

How is this possible? Something needs to be done about this. #AFLTigersBlues"

https://twitter.com/FansAFL/status/970197418863022081

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
Can we purchase multiple tickets on Monday or is it only 1 ticket per membership?
No answer? Does anyone know?
The club that keeps giving.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
You can purchase up to 8 tickets I believe.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline Tiger Tragic

• RFC Hall of Fame

Only let me do one upgrade per membership. Wouldn't even let me upgrade a kids membership into an adult ticket or purchase a full price adult ticket with that membership

Offline Tommy

• Future Richmond star
From AFL Fans Association @FansAFL twitter:

"People are already advertising tickets for the Round 1 Richmond-Carlton #AFL season opener for up to $228.85.

How is this possible? Something needs to be done about this. #AFLTigersBlues"

https://twitter.com/FansAFL/status/970197418863022081

Its someone with 2 AFL Memberships. That area is in the AFL Reserve, those tickets went on sale last week.

He has bought 4 guest passes with both memberships and is selling the 8 at a  profit of 400%.

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
Is this legal?

And if it is, how is it legal?

I'd have thought scalping laws would prevent this?

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Is this legal?

Scalping laws dont apply to all H&A games, just like it doesnt apply to cricket and host of other sports

My understanding it is GF, some finals and ANZAC day
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
Is this legal?

Scalping laws dont apply to all H&A games, just like it doesnt apply to cricket and host of other sports

My understanding it is GF, some finals and ANZAC day

Thanks for the explanation.