Author Topic: Coburg pre-season practice matches  (Read 8563 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Coburg pre-season practice matches
« on: February 19, 2006, 06:50:43 AM »
The Coburg Tigers are taking part in two pre-season practice matches with their AFL affiliate team, Richmond.

The details are:

Coburg-Richmond vs. North Melbourne
@ Princes Park on Thursday 23rd February at 5:00 pm

Coburg-Richmond vs. Werribee-Western Bulldogs
@ Whitten Oval on Friday 3rd March at 3:00 pm

http://coburgtigers.footballvic.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&aid=103242

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Coburg pre-season practice match today
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2006, 02:19:16 PM »
bump.

The game against North is today at 5pm.

Bulluss

Re: Coburg pre-season practice matches
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2006, 05:13:20 PM »
I believe that there may be a number 7 playing for Coburg this afternoon.  :shh

Unfortunately i cant get down to check this out.

Bulluss

Re: Coburg pre-season practice matches/Nathan Brown is back
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2006, 05:55:54 PM »
I can confirm that Nathan Brown played half a game for Coburg this afternoon against Nth Ballarat and got through ok.

I have been told that he kicked one goal and found the footy well. :thumbsup

This is fantastic news.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Browny is back
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2006, 06:18:00 PM »
Played a half for Coburg today out of a forward pocket. I had to leave at half-time so he may play out the game as he looked fine although a bit rusty. Kicked a goal.   
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2006, 06:21:34 PM »
No 8 in fact Bully (sorry should of read this thread first). Yep great news.

Half-time score

Coburg    2.1   4.1-25
Roos       8.2    10.5-65

Goals: Limbach, Hughes, Browny, didn't see the other one,

8. Browny
14. Polo
22. Meyer
39. Mcguane
12. Graham
30. Tivs
34. Hughes
19. Limbach

Wallace, Royal, Kingy and Patto were there watching.

Got pumped inthe first quarter through lack of pressure and body strength. Rocca was playing on a skinny kid. Much more committed effort in the second.

letsgetiton!

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2006, 06:44:51 PM »
gr8 news

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Browny is back
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2006, 07:34:26 PM »
yeah - they had some footage on the Ch 7 news - exclusive pictures they called it :lol

Geez he looked bloody fit :thumbsup :thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

letsgetiton!

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2006, 07:36:39 PM »
i heard patto and meyer are playing, i guess that rules them out 4 sat night

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2006, 07:39:29 PM »
yeah this is the game that was listed on the Rookie Club newsletter as being on tomorrow :banghead :banghead but that's another story :rollin

There is an article about Coburg in this week Inside Football - they've recruited alot of young blokes from the TAC comp that didn't get drafted. They will have one of the youngest lists in the VFL (bit like 2005 ;)). Andy Collins is hopeful that out of this young group theremaybe a couple of draftees in 2006
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

letsgetiton!

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2006, 07:43:30 PM »
heard raines is playing also, thats not good, i picked him as the most improved for sat night, if he is playing today 4 the burgers then :banghead

blx

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2006, 07:45:13 PM »
heard raines is playing also, thats not good, i picked him as the most improved for sat night, if he is playing today 4 the burgers then :banghead

isnt there another raines playing for the burgs X?

letsgetiton!

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2006, 07:50:00 PM »

isnt there another raines playing for the burgs X?
ah yes , stupid me, his bro plays  also daaaaaaaaaaaaaa :cheers

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2006, 08:28:41 PM »
i heard patto and meyer are playing, i guess that rules them out 4 sat night

Patto was in casuals watching so he'll be there Saturday night. There were no teamsheets so I didn't have a clue who most of the Coburg players were except Hurst and Strachan were playing.

Graham did fairly well in the ruck and was playing a followers role running all over the ground. Very disciplined with the 1%ers which was pleasing to see from a young player. There's definitely potential there although he's raw.

Polo was handy at the centre bounces and had a fair bit of it. Read the footy beautifully off one tap but got tackled just as he tried to kicked.

Tivs was everywhere in the second quarter. His run through the midfield straightened Coburg up as they were all over the place in the first.

Browny got into the game better as it went. A bit rusty as his first kick was a turnover :ssh and he ran under the ball once or twice but he was running around perfectly with no sign of discomfort or hinderance from his leg :thumbsup. His goal was a snap that bounced in the goalsquare and was shepharded through.

McGaune was moved onto Sav in the second quarter and kept him quiet after Sav kicked a few in the first. The young kid on Sav in the first quarter got told off by Andy Collins for wearing the wrong footwear as he kept slipping over.

Hughes was told to present himself more by Collins in the huddle which he did well afterwards with a mark on the lead and goal. A Roos supporter on the North board on BF gave Hughesy a good wrap -
Perry - Got a towelling from Cleve Hughes of Richmond, who by the way is an excellent prospect for the Tiges. Not sure if Perry is carrying something but he lacked a bit pace, Hughes got him out almost every time on the lead, bit of a worry to be honest.

Meyer and Limbach were ok.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2006, 08:53:57 PM by mightytiges »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Brown's half-game AFL comeback a success (The Age)
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2006, 09:12:44 PM »
Brown's half-game AFL comeback a success
The Age
February 23, 2006 - 8:05PM

Richmond forward Nathan Brown has reached an encouraging milestone in his AFL comeback, playing half a practice match with no apparent trouble.

It was Brown's first competitive hitout since the sickening round-10 injury last year that seriously damaged his right leg.

The two-time All-Australian forward, one of the Tigers' most important players, turned out for their reserve side Coburg in a trial match against the Kangaroos seconds at Optus Oval.

Provided Brown pulls up well in the next day or so, Richmond is confident the hitout confirms he is on track for a round-one return.

"He was keen to play a bit more, but it was always our plan for him just to play a half," said Richmond football manager Paul Armstrong.

"Nathan was pleased to get through it, it went well and he's pulled up okay.

"The aim has always been for him to return in round one and at the moment, he's on the schedule we've set.

"Nothing has held him back so far, fingers crossed."

Brown needed two screws inserted in his right leg after he suffered a double break at Telstra Dome in a Friday-night match against Melbourne.

Demons defender Matthew Whelan had fallen across Brown's leg while trying to smother a kick.

Meanwhile, the AFL's rules changes continue to generate concerns among players on the eve of the NAB Cup pre-season competition.

Respected Collingwood defender James Clement, a two-time All-Australian, said the league might have created "a monster".

The rule changes are designed to encourage a more continuous and open playing style.

"The speed (of the game) has gotten to a stage where it's almost ridiculous and you've got to start questioning how fast the game can get," Clement said.

"Once again they (the AFL) have tinkered with the game and they might have created a monster."

Richmond captain Kane Johnson also had his concerns, saying: "It's going to cause a very uncontested game of football.

"You're not going to have control over your opponent because of these new rules.

"I'm not convinced of the new rules as yet, but I think it's going to be bloody hard work for the players that are out there."

Hawks skipper Richie Vandenberg agreed that the changes meant players would have less rest time on the field during play.

The NAB Cup opens on Friday night with the Western Bulldogs hosting Melbourne in Darwin and Brisbane playing Essendon at Carrara on the Gold Coast.

http://theage.com.au/news/Sport/Browns-halfgame-AFL-comeback-a-success/2006/02/23/1140670201724.html