Author Topic: Nude Premiership Medal Photo  (Read 63151 times)

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
Re: Nude Premiership Medal Photo
« Reply #75 on: October 11, 2017, 06:26:12 PM »
Some people DO know who she is and have now seen her in the raw.  I would suggest she probably feels a little embarrassed and humiliated.
Lots of people name their swords......

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #76 on: October 11, 2017, 06:31:31 PM »
What people are forgetting is the photo did not identify her. How can it be hurtful if nobody knows who she is????

Not sure thats quite right depending on who you listen to. Have read on twitter that people are claiming to have seen the "full" photo

Also, HUN now reporting the woman in the 2nd photo isnt the same one in the first one which confirmswhat jack posted last noght

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #77 on: October 11, 2017, 06:32:46 PM »
What people are forgetting is the photo did not identify her. How can it be hurtful if nobody knows who she is????

Not sure thats quite right depending on who you listen to. Have read on twitter that people are claiming to have seen the "full" photo

Not true. None show her face.

I'll qualify that. No photo of her that has circulated to anyone I know, shows her face.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #78 on: October 11, 2017, 07:22:27 PM »
Those t@s look like Johnnos daughters
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #79 on: October 11, 2017, 07:33:42 PM »
Woman in Richmond shot denies being in topless photo

Aleks Devic,
Herald Sun
11 October 2017 6:00pm

A woman with her back to the camera posed next to the Richmond FC logo has claimed she is being mistaken by celebrity friends as the topless woman wearing a 2017 Premiership medal.

The woman said she was an “international model” and had set up the picture showing her buttocks — with “Go Tiges” written on them — willingly and uploaded it to her own Instagram account.

She claims the social media account is private but one of her 27,000 followers copied the image and reposted it on social media sites elsewhere.
The woman claims she set up the picture willingly and uploaded it to her own Instagram account.

In a further twist, she also told the Herald Sun her celebrity sporting friends had contacted her to ask “why have you started this uproar?” in reference to the police investigation into the other topless photo that a Richmond player is alleged to have taken and distributed without the woman’s consent.

That photo is also subject to an internal investigation by Richmond Football Club and the AFL integrity unit.

“They (sporting celebrities) know me personally and they are asking me why I have caused this uproar,” she told the Herald Sun.

“They think I’m the woman with the breasts with the medallion.”

She refused to say whether any player was involved in setting up the photo she was involved in.

A friend of the model told the Herald Sun the Instagram account was only made private in the last couple of days, after the image had been uploaded on other sites.

Her Instagram account states she is Italian, a model, and a Melbourne girl.

She is followed by cityoflnkmelbourne, the tattoo parlour bought by former AFL player Jake King from jailed underworld figure and friend Toby Mitchell.

In her profile picture on her Instagram account, she is wearing a black see-through top.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/naked-woman-in-richmond-picture-denies-being-in-topless-photo/news-story/a503d3ecda45a7af75c1ebc3a52c2bae

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #80 on: October 11, 2017, 07:36:25 PM »
AFL, Richmond need to act against player who circulated topless photo

Susie O’Brien,
Herald Sun
11 October 2017

A PHOTO of a naked woman should not be a symbol of victory passed around for the enjoyment of mates.

It’s not a bit of fun, as some are claiming. It’s the sort of thing that has the power to end careers, ruin relationships and even lead to suicide.

It is disgraceful that a photo of a topless woman wearing a Richmond premiership medal has been circulating in AFL circles for days now.

Some people are suggesting the woman was asking for trouble by posing for the photo in the first place.

I strongly disagree. A woman — or man — should be able to pose for an intimate picture without expecting it to do the rounds on social media.

It is understood the woman agreed to the photo being taken, but the player told her he’d deleted it from his phone. Instead it was forwarded on many, many times.

The circulation of the image on social media could be illegal because the woman in question didn’t give permission.

The player could be charged under new laws which prohibit adults from sending intimate images without consent.

The Victorian offence of distributing an image “contrary to community standards of acceptable conduct” carries a maximum penalty of up to two years in jail. Nationally, the penalty is three years for using a carriage service to harass or cause offence.

It’s concerning that many males commenting on social media are playing this issue down, with one noting that “showing pics of topless women to your mates is perfectly normal and has nothing to do with ‘revenge’ lol”.

Yes, things like this happen, but it doesn’t make it “normal”. It’s profoundly disturbing.

In Victoria, 30 per cent of those charged under sexting laws are aged 10 to 17 years, but this Richmond player is a grown man who cannot use ignorance as an excuse.

This act also violates a number of AFL policies on respect, privacy and social media engagement, as the Richmond player would be well aware.

The latter policy specifically outlaws the transmission of “sexually explicit material” and breaching the “reasonable expectation of privacy of a person”.

Richmond club president Peggy O’Neal has said the image is “not what our club is about”.

It’s now up to O’Neal, her board and the AFL to take a strong stand in addition to any police action. There’s no point in having policies if nothing happens when they are violated.

Let’s hope immediate and decisive action is taken against the player who circulated the image.

No doubt the club would be mindful that naming the player may lead to the woman’s identity being uncovered. However, the issue can be dealt with appropriately without further damage to the woman’s reputation.

Whether we like it or not, AFL players — especially those who win grand finals — are role models.

They should be subject to higher standards than the average person because of the elevated status they hold in our community.

While the AFL and many of its clubs should be congratulated for their moves to improve equality and end discrimination, the emergence of the photo shows more needs to be done.

Indeed, the culture within AFL HQ came under scrutiny earlier this year after it emerged that a number of senior executives were having affairs with more junior women.

For too long, men in power have gotten away with treating women like objects and sexual playthings.

Some, like former Miramax boss Harvey Weinstein, are allowed to sexually abuse women for decades because they are wealthy, well-connected and powerful.

A cone of silence protected Weinstein because he kept making hit movies that made a lot of money.

Let’s hope the same doesn’t happen in this case.

What a shameful issue to have to write about on the International Day of the Girl.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/opinion/susie-obrien/afl-richmond-tigers-need-to-act-against-player-who-circulated-topless-photo/news-story/7f5518f756fecd0c3120fc4693465c4a

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #81 on: October 11, 2017, 07:39:05 PM »
Tigers want environment for women to 'thrive': Gale

afl.com.au
11 October 2017

RICHMOND boss Brendon Gale says the Tigers are committed to creating an environment for females to "thrive" as an investigation continues into the circulation of a photo of a topless woman.

The photo, featuring a woman wearing a premiership medallion, emerged on social media only hours after Richmond's drought-breaking Grand Final victory over Adelaide a fortnight ago.

A Victoria Police investigation is ongoing and a statement has already confirmed the image was posted without consent. A Tigers premiership player is reportedly part of the investigation.

The person responsible could be charged under the 2014 'sexting' laws, with a maximum penalty of two years in jail.

Gale said he was aware of the "circumstances" of the photo.

"We're committed to assisting police with any enquiries – should they be required – so at this stage it would be inappropriate to comment any further," Gale told reporters.

"What I will say is this club feels very strongly about the positive role women (play) at our club and in sport generally.

"This club feels very strongly about creating an environment where women can thrive, and this club feels very strongly about promoting attitudes and behaviours that are respectful of and supportive of women."

A second photo has emerged online of another naked woman, who is holding a football with her back to the camera, in front of a Tigers-themed wall.

It is not part of the police investigation.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-10-11/tigers-want-environment-for-women-to-thrive

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #82 on: October 11, 2017, 08:09:41 PM »
starting to get a stink about it...
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #83 on: October 11, 2017, 08:30:27 PM »
I find that article written by Susie O'Brien disturbing.

Maybe she knows a lot more about the case than I do, but I am yet to see or read anything that I would consider factual other than that a picture of a topless woman supposedly wearing an authentic premiership medal is being circulated.

Yet in her article, she is basically calling for the supposed perpetrators head without presumably knowing all the facts.

I am in no way defending the actions of anyone involved or making excuses. What I am saying is that I don't think anyone can comment to that extent on a case in which not all the facts are known.

I assume that once the full facts are known, and have possibly been tested in a court of law, that anyone responsible in the eyes of the law for a wrongdoing will be punished accordingly.

Given the possibility that indeed not is all as it seems in this case, at least not in alignment with the point of view expressed in her article, I assume we will see Susie O'Brien fall on her sword if the accusations' are fond to be baseless.

After all, as she says ""things like this happen, but it doesn’t make it “normal”. It’s profoundly disturbing."

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #84 on: October 11, 2017, 08:37:46 PM »
Susie has a Hun agenda- who cares what she writes, it's no different in bias to what my mate Andrew Bolt posts..,,
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #85 on: October 11, 2017, 08:38:30 PM »
As another poster said has Chopstickgate written all over it with people jumping to conclusions without the full facts

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #86 on: October 11, 2017, 08:44:48 PM »
As another poster said has Chopstickgate written all over it with people jumping to conclusions without the full facts

This is what annoys me. Happens time and time again under the guise of being journalism.

If she wants the player to be held account for what she thinks happened, then she should be held account if her article turns out to be false.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #87 on: October 11, 2017, 08:51:48 PM »

Not true. None show her face.

I'll qualify that. No photo of her that has circulated to anyone I know, shows her face.

Believe you, just what is all a flutter on twitter

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #88 on: October 11, 2017, 08:56:21 PM »
Caro has written about it.

Unfortunately I can't repost it; it's asking me to pay ofr the privilege  ;D

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #89 on: October 11, 2017, 09:43:46 PM »
WP you have the chop stix vibe about you on this topic. Hope i am wrong like you were then. :lol

dont worry about caro's article or anyone else trying to ruin our premiership vibe.

stuff em all i say

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.